Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 67 of 110 FirstFirst ... 17 57 66 67 68 77 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed)

Blog Entries
    The sun came out yesterday and today. I went to work today. Dragging but a bit, but making it thru. The boss brought me in flowers, a Chai Tea, and gave me a bonus. Said I was much needed here at the office. Was I so surprised. I felt gracious enough they let me out of here to get the surgery done, but to bless me so. Now we can go to family in a better vehicle that may work better for my back. Thinking that sleeping in a full size bed with my husband is so not going to happen. I may go out to my mom's. If that be the case, will take the dog with us instead of board him some place.

i did not get any sewing done on Linny's quilt, oh darn. But I did put them up on the design wall so I can look at them and see how they play together and I may have to rip one block and make a different one than what I have on there. Not sure I like the colors of the scraps in that block to play with the others. Seems I am being consistent on the color of red that goes in the center of the blocks. This one has a red purple and just not looking quite right. Will see when I finish the others. Well, back to work, my break is over.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    WOW have I missed a lot lately!! Quiltermomma glad you are doing better. I posted an updated photograph in the gallery of Mindless' quilt. I am currently sandwiching and pinning the should have it all set to quilt up this weekend with the next big storm!
    I just have to say that I have to greatly appreciate the friends I have made on this board. I have myself been going through a rather rough spot in life. And Mindless sent me this wonderful surprise in the mail! I cried, but it was a good cry, because it was a nice spot of light in the dark days. I hope everyone else is good and staying warm with all this crazy weather happening lately.
    Resolve to be thyself, and know, that he who finds himself, loses his misery. Mathew Arnold 'Self-Dependence' 1822-1888

Blog Entries
    I agree with you IrelandDragon, the friends on this board have been great. Much like you, I am grateful.

Sewing machine is fixed and ready for pickup in the morning (1 hr. away). 2 weeks of being in the shop, I'm ready to sew again. Glad to hear everyone is moving along with their quilts, can't believe it's the middle of April already. Have a great weekend everyone!

Blog Entries
    Not getting much done yet, but trying to for sure.

So glad your machine is fixed, I had to stop sewing for about a week, my hand was killing me. It was on the top and I couldn't even pick up my coffee cup. Guess I was doing to much paper piecing. Still waiting to hear from my quilter, but she has 7 of my quilts to do.

Quote Originally Posted by shortmom5 View Post
    Sewing machine is fixed and ready for pickup in the morning (1 hr. away). 2 weeks of being in the shop, I'm ready to sew again. Glad to hear everyone is moving along with their quilts, can't believe it's the middle of April already. Have a great weekend everyone!
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

Blog Entries
    Update...finally got parts in for my 301, DH got it fixed and I was on my way to SID. Then our internet goes down for 5 days, talking about withdraws. Computer also messed up, so had to look for another one, and then transfer everything over to the new one....stress, stress!

Last 2 days, been sewing and ripping out..think I will take a break and DH and I are going fishing...surely there will be no stress in fishing, I don't even care if I don't catch any, just sit and relax in the boat.

Sorry, friends, but I had to let off steam, feel so much better. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buddy'smom View Post
    So glad your machine is fixed, I had to stop sewing for about a week, my hand was killing me. It was on the top and I couldn't even pick up my coffee cup. Guess I was doing to much paper piecing. Still waiting to hear from my quilter, but she has 7 of my quilts to do.
    Sorry you are having trouble with your hand. I hope resting it will take care of it. I am down to adding your borders and it is looking so cute. My quilter is excited to see it also and says she will drop it in whenever I get it to her. Rest that hand and yourself and have a great weekend.

Thanks so much. I need to rest it up as hubby is having a nuk stress test Monday and they said it could take up to 4 hrs, so gonna bring some hand embroidery work and hope I can work on it. We still have lots of time. I can't wait to see what my quilter does to your quilt. You have a super weekend as well.

Quote Originally Posted by shortmom5 View Post
    Sorry you are having trouble with your hand. I hope resting it will take care of it. I am down to adding your borders and it is looking so cute. My quilter is excited to see it also and says she will drop it in whenever I get it to her. Rest that hand and yourself and have a great weekend.
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

My quilt top is going to the quilters next week! Yeah!!

Jane
    July - Batiks Revisited D4P swap
    August - Scrappy Block swap - Bonnie Hunters' Scrappy Trips!
    September - Scrappy Block swap - Three Dudes in Batiks!

Page 67 of 110 FirstFirst ... 17 57 66 67 68 77 ... LastLast