Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2014 Birthday Swap 2.5  sign up now  !!!! >

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

Old 04-23-2014, 05:53 PM

Sorry to hear about your arm Barbara. Will keep healing thought for you.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:20 AM

Yeah! glad to hear!

Have fun with all of those sweet
squares!
Originally Posted by mrs.sherbert View Post
I'm super slow thanking you, but I did get Birthday Candy from nursebonnie and pjjandme!!! I guess I was dragging this BirthdayPrincess out as long as I could?? lol.... Thank you ladies. This makes all my Birthday Candy RECEIVED! Now I get to send send send.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:36 AM

thanks for all the well wishes for my arm....no surgery we are going to just let it heal. I have a brace on it and will keep that on for 6-8 weeks. but I have been able to sew and cut fabric...so all is well!!!!!

Here is a funny story regarding our little squares. Yesterday I went to my quilt group and brought a lot (not all) of my squares so I could start to put them in color families to start on sewbizgirls quilt. They all started to gather around and watch me open each package...oh and awes all around!

so we are going to be trading 5"squares for our next quilt we are making. awe the newbie pulls through!!!!!!! and 5" squares become 4...21/2 " squares>>>
Old 04-24-2014, 10:18 AM
Power Poster

If you get them hooked on the 'candy' Barb, next year's birthday swap is going to be HUGE and have a lot of newbies! You can always send them to Sheri's candy swaps in the mean time... just to get them addicted.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:42 PM

I took off work to drive to Paducah on Friday so I will be there. It's a 3 hr drive that I can do a return trip in a day (I have before) but I think I am going to try to find somewhere to stay the night, finish up the quilt show on Saturday and drive home.

I am sure there is some hotel on I-24 that still has a room and I don't mind driving a bit out to find one. I need to get to Hancock's fabric store because the last 2 times I was in Paducah it was closed. I have been to the museum so I can skip it this time around.

I hope you enjoy your trip.

Originally Posted by benndm View Post
Leaving for the Paducah Quilt Show tomorrow night. Can't wait. I'm really fortunate that I live only 140 miles from Paduckay KY and I have an aunt there with a spare bedroom, and she likes company. I'll be on the lookout for some great fabric to swap.

Is anyone else going?
Old 04-24-2014, 04:52 PM

Barb heal up.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:40 PM

my quilt buddies that I quilt with on Wednesday night think I am crazy because I love the 2 1/2 " squares. haha....more for me!
Wait until they see my quilt that I am gonna make .
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
If you get them hooked on the 'candy' Barb, next year's birthday swap is going to be HUGE and have a lot of newbies! You can always send them to Sheri's candy swaps in the mean time... just to get them addicted.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:44 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
I took off work to drive to Paducah on Friday so I will be there. It's a 3 hr drive that I can do a return trip in a day (I have before) but I think I am going to try to find somewhere to stay the night, finish up the quilt show on Saturday and drive home.

I am sure there is some hotel on I-24 that still has a room and I don't mind driving a bit out to find one. I need to get to Hancock's fabric store because the last 2 times I was in Paducah it was closed. I have been to the museum so I can skip it this time around.

I hope you enjoy your trip.
I hope you can find a hotel room, Havplenty.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:45 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
my quilt buddies that I quilt with on Wednesday night think I am crazy because I love the 2 1/2 " squares. haha....more for me!
Wait until they see my quilt that I am gonna make .
Yeah, just wait til they see what you can DO with those little squares. Then they may sing a different tune!
Old 04-24-2014, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Yes Yes!!! They are addicting. The best CANDY ever. (Though I did wish I had real chocolate this evening....) but the more the merrier in our swaps!!!