Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5" >

2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5"

2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5"

Old 03-02-2015, 03:47 PM

Jaba made me giggle. I would enjoy a yard egg, too! Don't worry about my cat in my work room, Mr. Misstofolees is scared of the doorway, it has a head shot of St. Vincent DePaul on the door, lol. Mister didn't finish his catechism either!
Old 03-02-2015, 04:00 PM

My turn:
Married to Monte - our 25th anniversary was 9-11-01 and thus we have been married 38 yrs.
One daughter and marvelous SIL; One son and his love. We have 5 grandchildren, one more coming in May.
My favorite color is the same as my Grandaughter - 'rainbow'. Love colors
My favorite quilt was the Double Wedding Ring in Batiks I made for daughter
Don't like much on TV
Have a very friendly, non shedding Golden Doodle.
Oh and we live in our Fifth Wheel Trailer and travel
Old 03-02-2015, 08:30 PM

1) I have been VERY happily UNmarried for 8 years. I have a son, Patrick.
2) My favorite colors are anything bright.
3) My favorite quilt is a scrappy tumbler quilt made from charms I collected from "new millennium" swaps from 1999 through 2000. I'll try to post a picture of it sometime.
4) I'm not a big fan of TV, but I enjoy Downton Abbey, Grantchester and Big Bang Theory.
5) Four cats: Frank (Sinatra), a blue-eyed Siamese; Benny (Goodman), the "leader of the band;" Rodney (Dangerfield), always demanding (very loudly) more food, aka "tubby tabby;" and "Louie" (Lewis Black), an entertaining 7-month-old orange tabby-Maine Coon mix who loves to play in water.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:45 PM

Well, then...

1) Tell us a little about your family.
Married to husband, Scott, for 18 years. Five children: Ethan (15), Delaney (13), Claire (11), Wesley (8), and Mackenzye (4 today!) Two of our children have special needs - one has a chromosome issue and developmental delay and one, adopted from foster care, has issues too numerous to list. Life has been a little rocky for a while but we know they grow up too quickly and God's grace will see us through.

2) What is your favorite color?
Purple, blue

3) What is your favorite quilt you have made?
"Gateway to Paradise" in shades of purple with black sashing and a lime green flange. Runner up: my Christmas I Spy quilt, which featured fabrics received from all sorts of swaps and sewn into economy blocks.

4) favorite TV show?
One month ago, I would have said I never watch TV, but then my niece got me hooked on "Gilmore Girls." So occasionally I will watch an episode on Netflix before bed (while eating strawberry Twizzlers). A small indulgence.

5) Do you have a furry or feathered friend in your life?
My son has a golden retriever. Sweet dog named Spencer. But personally, I'm not a big pet person.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:58 AM

Here's a little about my life....

I am blessed with much that is good. I have been a married to the love of my life and best friend for 41 years (it will be 42 in August). One son, one daughter in-law and 3 adorable, precious grandchildren (11, 6 and one will be 2 in May).
2) What is your favorite color? Aqua, teal blue.....I like any blues actually.
3) What is your favorite quilt you have made? My favorite quilts are those I have made and am still making. They are pieced from my Mom's cotton clothing and denim jumpers (she passed away in 2012). I have sent to my siblings and am making for the grandchildren, then great grandchildren until I run out of fabric. I am also using the fabric from her stash. When I send them, I accompany with a card that shows which pieces of fabric on the quilt are pieces of her clothing. Everyone is happy to receive their "hug from Honey" and I'm so happy as I piece the quilt....touching the same fabric that my Mom wore, touching the same fabric that my Mom purchased and used and reliving precious memories. Everyone is thrilled to get theirs and can remember the quilts that were made out of some of the fabric and the blouses/shirts she wore. So, these are and will continue to be my favorite quilts. Since I'm just making up a pattern, they take a little longer....I feel so connected to her when I'm making these. In my mind, I call them "Honey and Nora's delight"...which spells HAND. So, they are made by HAND.
4) favorite TV show? I like things that make me laugh...so I like "Modern Family", "The Middle" and "Black-ish" (on Wednesday nights). I also am hooked on "The Walking Dead"...don't ask me why...I just can't eat anything while I'm watching it!
5) Do you have a furry or feathered friend in your life? We have had 2 wonderful dogs in our married life (a beagle/basset mix and a Pembroke Welsh Corgi).....broke our hears when they died. We are still heartbroken, so are very content to have a Grand-Dog that we love. Someday we'll get another dog...just not now. We're enjoying traveling and it's easier not to have to board them, etc.

Thanks for asking for the info.....it provides my moment of gratitude for today! Nora
Old 03-03-2015, 08:23 AM

Wow you ladies are doing a great job on this questionnaire!

So many wonderful women in our group!
Old 03-03-2015, 10:50 AM

I'll go next.

1) Tell us a little about your family. I've been married for 33+ years to the same wonderful guy. We have two adult sons but no grandchildren yet. (I'm waiting patiently!) We also have 3 pets, a 15 year old cat and two dogs, a 10 year old mutt and a 3 1/2 year old pit bull. The "pets" are the loves of our lives right now so I have to include them in this paragraph about our family and not in question #5. In addition, I help out my sister and mother frequently as mom is in her 80's and a bit frail and sis is fighting cancer (again) and needs help.
2) What is your favorite color? That changes periodically but I'd say rose or teal.
3) What is your favorite quilt you have made? I suppose right now my favorite is one I have waiting to be made, a floral and yellow Jacob's Ladder quilt. It's a bunch of blocks right but I hope it won't be for too much longer. My finished favorite is a small lap-sized quilt that I hand quilted. It's actually hanging on a wall at our little cabin.
4) favorite TV show? Probably The Big Bang Theory or Pitbulls and Parolees.
5) Do you have a furry or feathered friend in your life? See the first question! Our pets are our family.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:12 PM

ok my turn

1)
Tell us a little about your family. Hello everyone, my name is Teri Lynn Prince and I am here to tell you alittle about my family and myself. I am the single parent of a beautiful 25 year daughter, Katie Nicole, who is the light of my life. We have been single since the death of my husband when Katie was very young. She presently lives in Virginia as a teacher of special education specializing in hearing impaired children, and I surely miss her here in Jersey. I am a recent retired nurse where I worked in a local hospital for more then 35 years. I am also proud to say the I am a Veteran of the United States Army.
2) What is your favorite color? I am a special friend of the color Yellow, specific because of the brightness of the sun and the beginning of the new day it brings.
3) What is your favorite quilt you have made? I think my favorite is the one that I made for a new child that was adopted into our extended family, Puppy in the Window--a log cabin base with a puppy in the window applique.
4) favorite TV show? Blue Blood
5) Do you have a furry or feathered friend in your life? We have had a large varity of different pets, or as Katie says,
her sisters and brothers. Right now I am down to a white Pekingese puppy who is 2 years old , surely a Deva, named Abbie then there is my big guy Stormy a Palomino Appaloosa horse taht we have had for many years.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:15 PM

Snowing again her in northern Jersey, getting my weekly post office run stuff together, mailing out my birthday card by end of week
Old 03-03-2015, 05:22 PM
maT

Married to my husband, Ed almost 43 years [this month] . Two boys - Bryan 39 lives in Colorado and Robb 34 lives here in Rochester - no DILs or grandkids

2) What is your favorite color?
Purple, lime green, yellow - bright colors

3) What is your favorite quilt you have made?
"French Roses" and a scrappy mystery quilt in purples for sure - but I have loved all that i have made!

4) favorite TV show?
Madam Secretary, The Good Wife, Revenge, Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, Hawaii 5-O, Last Man Standing, Cedar Cove and any Hallmark Movie

5) Do you have a furry or feathered friend in your life? none - unless "dust bunnies" count !!