Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Harvest - September Doll Quilt Swap Sign Up Closes August 31st Noon EST

Blog Entries
    CQR, Good luck at the country fair. I hope you and all your friends do well!! And enjoy all the other things there are to see!!
    My avatar is my first grandbaby!! Brantley 10-2-12
    **QB Monthly Bee Block Swap Theme (5-27-14)*
    **NEW** Trees, Think Fantasy, Think Enchanted, Think fairys and woodland animals. Think brighter fabrics. (Nothing pale or muted.) **TREES** Any kind of block, pieced, embroidery, or applique, your choice.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Quiltin Robin View Post
    Well girls I havent started my little quilt .... today was the sign in day for the county fair .... had to get my two quilts signed in and helped the quilt girls I love and quilt with weekly put their first time ever quilts in the fair ...boy I hope they get ribbons ..... I have a stack for my quilts and photos but they have none .... I so want them to do good so they will be encouraged to do more and better ..... gosh I love the county fair .... so Sat or Sunday I will start on my little quilt .... have the fabric picked and the pattern decided .... gosh I love this swap .... I need to make some doll quilts for next years fair and keep them ....lol..... I give everything I make away ... well I did keep the two I put in one was a king size I made on a bet that I could make a quilt top in a day and the other is one I made for the back seat of hubbys truck to carry the papillions around on lol ..... have a good night CQRobin
    OH BOY! If they're anything like me when I entered my first fair and won a blue ribbon, they will be hooked for life! I can remember how excited I was! Heck excited doesn't even describe that feeling! I only put two little quilts in this years fair and haven't been there yet to see how they did. I think we're going tonight. My first DQ swap last Sept and I entered it into the fair and won a 2nd place ribbon on that! Needless to say that got me hooked on this thing we call Doll Quilt Swapping! lol
    Oh yeah, my avitar picture is my first fair winning entry.
    Last edited by QuiltingKrazy; 09-06-2012 at 07:12 AM.
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

Senior Member Crazy Quiltin Robin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    CQR - how exciting! I sure hope that everyone wins. Promise you'll post some pix please?
    We had 4/ first place quilts, 3 /second place quilts,1/ 3rd place and 1/ 4th place .....every quilt we entered we won a ribbon with .... I was so proud of my girls.... we sew every Sunday afternoon and girl I have to admit that adding 2 second place ribbons felt good this year since one was a scrappy and the other was just something I thought up ... lol
    I love fair time in the country ... my heart swells for the 2 first place quilts by a girl who had never sewen a thing till she started with us a year ago ... I just keep telling her what momma told me " can't never could do anything" and "if at first you don't succeed try try again" ..... and it works .... now my girls are gaining the self confidance to do bigger and better thing .... my daughter in law got a 1st and a 3rd place .... and my gf got a 1st place and a second place ... and Krystyna where would you post the pics? I want to take pics with my girls with their quilts ... I'm a happy camper today ......
    Crazy Quiltin Robin

Way to go QCRobin & friends. So nice to see those you care for succeed!

Krystyna - I would think a meander would be best on a reversible quilt.
    Paula
    Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

Blog Entries
    I am finished piecing this September Wonder - inspired by some quilts I saw on this board, I might add. Since this is my first time to join in this swap, I wonder if you guys plan it so that the quilts are passing in the mail, or if you just send them when you feel like it? I just PMd my partner, but forgot to ask her that detail. Maybe she'll have an opinion. Oh well, I'm having fun and can't wait to see some of our minis posted on the thread. Tootleloo!
    KEEP CALM and CARRY ON!!

Quote Originally Posted by JoyjoyMarie View Post
    I am finished piecing this September Wonder - inspired by some quilts I saw on this board, I might add. Since this is my first time to join in this swap, I wonder if you guys plan it so that the quilts are passing in the mail, or if you just send them when you feel like it? I just PMd my partner, but forgot to ask her that detail. Maybe she'll have an opinion. Oh well, I'm having fun and can't wait to see some of our minis posted on the thread. Tootleloo!
    Joy, there is a deadline to mail, page 1 of this thread states the rules. Most everyone mails after they're finished tho.
    Last edited by mscupid804; 09-06-2012 at 03:33 PM.
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

I think most send whenever they are finished, but it could also depend on the two who are swapping, if they have some preference. Can't wait to see what you made, it's fun to see everyone's ideas!!

Yes, there is a deadline as posted!
    jillnjo

Blog Entries
    Great job CQR. I love it when the young and newbie quilters win. It makes them feel so good that they did wonderful work. You must have some great teachers of quilting in your group. Ahh, to see our fellow quilters grow.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Senior Member Crazy Quiltin Robin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    Great job CQR. I love it when the young and newbie quilters win. It makes them feel so good that they did wonderful work. You must have some great teachers of quilting in your group. Ahh, to see our fellow quilters grow.
    Quilter Momma,there are 3 of us who have quilted a long time and the girls are nubies .... we have so much fun ...
    we just love the theropy of the sewing machine ..... my girls are working hard to learn and my girls are all ages they have just never sewn or quilted before ... its a good feeling to teach them what my momma taught me ...
    Crazy Quiltin Robin

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Quiltin Robin View Post
    We had 4/ first place quilts, 3 /second place quilts,1/ 3rd place and 1/ 4th place .....every quilt we entered we won a ribbon with .... I was so proud of my girls.... we sew every Sunday afternoon and girl I have to admit that adding 2 second place ribbons felt good this year since one was a scrappy and the other was just something I thought up ... lol
    I love fair time in the country ... my heart swells for the 2 first place quilts by a girl who had never sewen a thing till she started with us a year ago ... I just keep telling her what momma told me " can't never could do anything" and "if at first you don't succeed try try again" ..... and it works .... now my girls are gaining the self confidance to do bigger and better thing .... my daughter in law got a 1st and a 3rd place .... and my gf got a 1st place and a second place ... and Krystyna where would you post the pics? I want to take pics with my girls with their quilts ... I'm a happy camper today ......
    Robin, what wonderful, wonderful news! This is really happy stuff!
    I'd love to see the pix here, of course, but why not a new thread under Pictures?
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 ... LastLast