Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - March, 2 month group >

Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Old 01-29-2015, 03:06 PM

Beautiful Block Libster! Perfect choice with other fabric.

Here is block for Travelgramma. In looking at the gallery, I wanted to keep the two-color theme. I chose this one because the name seemed right for TG and her starry Avatar. The block is named, "My Blue Heaven". Hope you like it!

Bee[ATTACH=CONFIG]508111[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails boomerang-14-block-made-travelgramma-my-blue-heaven.jpg  
Old 01-29-2015, 04:44 PM

Who was asking about the name of my fabric and where they might find some? Would they please PM me?

Thanks Joan
Old 01-29-2015, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Bee Beatty View Post
Here is block for Travelgramma. In looking at the gallery, I wanted to keep the two-color theme. I chose this one because the name seemed right for TG and her starry Avatar. The block is named, "My Blue Heaven". Hope you like it!
Bee
Bee love the block and the name - perfect!! And yes it will play well with the others ......that I will have done by Mothers Day!
Old 01-30-2015, 06:50 AM

Wow you ladies are sure putting out some fantastic blocks!!! We are going to have great looking quilts when we get done.

I've been reading the "Challenge" and really want to get in as well but I'm going to be honest here, I have one quilt that got started a while back after making that Irish Log block for Terriamn and I still need to make over half of the blocks before putting it together so, I will try but won't promise to make the wall of fame. I figure if I can make at least 2 blocks a day (these are 18" blocks) then I should be able to finish in time. My finished size will be a 100" square, so wish me luck!!!!

Oh my, I have 30 days to get this done, I better go pull it out and get started!
Old 01-30-2015, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch View Post
Wow you ladies are sure putting out some fantastic blocks!!! We are going to have great looking quilts when we get done.

I've been reading the "Challenge" and really want to get in as well but I'm going to be honest here, I have one quilt that got started a while back after making that Irish Log block for Terriamn and I still need to make over half of the blocks before putting it together so, I will try but won't promise to make the wall of fame. I figure if I can make at least 2 blocks a day (these are 18" blocks) then I should be able to finish in time. My finished size will be a 100" square, so wish me luck!!!!

Oh my, I have 30 days to get this done, I better go pull it out and get started!
No! Don't panic! You have till Mother's Day in May to finish the UFO (or I wouldn't have joined). Bee and I like to push ourselves to finish quilts . . . but not pushing THAT hard. Gotta have some fun.

I still have my yellow, black, white quilt on the wall of shame. It's waiting for a block from my GD. Somehow it got to be a family project when my daughter and little GD made blocks for it and challenged my GD to make a block. That was like . . . two booms ago. Well, GD asked me for a black, white, red quilt I already have done and the only way she can have it is to finish the stupid yellow, black, white block I've been waiting for. If I get that block, the yellow quilt could be an option for this challenge.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
No! Don't panic! You have till Mother's Day in May to finish the UFO (or I wouldn't have joined). Bee and I like to push ourselves to finish quilts . . . but not pushing THAT hard. Gotta have some fun.
ok so I'm an idiot! This is not my fault LOL
So after I posted this, I got to scrambling around to get all the parts out and evaluate what needs to be done. Hubby comes in and asked what I'm doing now so I explain that I was going to get in this challenge so I could finally finishes the quilt. SO he ask why I was rushing so much so I told him it's due March 2nd and he asked why March 2nd. That's when things went nuts.

I told him it was suppose to be done by Mother's day. So he looked at me with that stupid look he gets when my brain's not in gear and told me to go look at the calendar, mother's day is in May. So I did and said OH Crap the ladies are going to think I've lost my mind to which he just laughed and then had to ask one more question.

He ask, "So when did you think mother's day was?" So without really thinking I replied, "9 months after father's night!" with that he left me alone so I could figure this out. LOL

So with all this in mind, Yep I have plenty of time to finish this by Mother's Day and I can join the rest of you on the wall. Might even have time for a second one.

ok now that I'm straight, I'm good!!
I'm going back to my own little world of sewing where the people there understand how my poor little brain works and we are going to have some fun. LOL
Old 01-30-2015, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch View Post
ok so I'm an idiot! This is not my fault LOL
So after I posted this, I got to scrambling around to get all the parts out and evaluate what needs to be done. Hubby comes in and asked what I'm doing now so I explain that I was going to get in this challenge so I could finally finishes the quilt. SO he ask why I was rushing so much so I told him it's due March 2nd and he asked why March 2nd. That's when things went nuts.

I told him it was suppose to be done by Mother's day. So he looked at me with that stupid look he gets when my brain's not in gear and told me to go look at the calendar, mother's day is in May. So I did and said OH Crap the ladies are going to think I've lost my mind to which he just laughed and then had to ask one more question.

He ask, "So when did you think mother's day was?" So without really thinking I replied, "9 months after father's night!" with that he left me alone so I could figure this out. LOL

So with all this in mind, Yep I have plenty of time to finish this by Mother's Day and I can join the rest of you on the wall. Might even have time for a second one.

ok now that I'm straight, I'm good!!
I'm going back to my own little world of sewing where the people there understand how my poor little brain works and we are going to have some fun. LOL
Sea,

Don't feel bad. That's why we're here . . . to help each other thru our "sometimers" moments. Welcome to the Mother's Day challenge!

KAT
Old 01-30-2015, 02:54 PM

Moonrise, this is your block. It's "Leah's Star". Hope you like it.
Attached Thumbnails boom-14-moonrise-001-2-.jpg  
Old 01-30-2015, 02:57 PM

Libster, love this block
Old 01-30-2015, 03:00 PM

Thanks, Terri.