Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - March, 2 month group >

Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Old 02-07-2015, 02:51 PM

One more done. Seriously I almost feel bad about unloading on you guys earlier this week. I was so panicked that I wouldn't get finished and here I am with only one more to do. . You notice that I said almost feel bad you guys are so wonderful and just the telling helped so much I just can't regret choosing to talk to you. .any way here it is Joanelizbays block as far as I know it had no name. I fussy cut the flowers at 4.5 then made 2.5 hst and just played around with them till I was happy with the look. .
Attached Thumbnails 2015-02-07-14.27.26.jpg  
Old 02-07-2015, 03:00 PM

Very pretty Billi...I have one more to finish on the April group then Ill mail them all to Janice and just wait for the next boom in May!!
Old 02-07-2015, 03:32 PM

Billi, another lovely block!

Glad you ultimately aren't feeling bad about "unloading" as you put it. Lots of us do it...it helps ease the pressure and that's aok. (You won't be helpful to Mr. Bill if you are all stress.) Had the situation been different, you might not have been able to finish and we'd all have dealt with it. But, happily, it seems things are a bit calmer and you have graced the group with lovely blocks. Take pleasure in the small things!
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
One more done. Seriously I almost feel bad about unloading on you guys earlier this week. I was so panicked that I wouldn't get finished and here I am with only one more to do. . You notice that I said almost feel bad you guys are so wonderful and just the telling helped so much I just can't regret choosing to talk to you. .any way here it is Joanelizbays block as far as I know it had no name. I fussy cut the flowers at 4.5 then made 2.5 hst and just played around with them till I was happy with the look. .
Old 02-07-2015, 03:32 PM

We need each other - who else can we turn to? We can't burden our children with these issues!! Thank you one and all.
I joined the http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...a-t260452.html swap. Something a little different in that you must make the block the other wants out the F8. Still some openings. After checking - I think I can actually make all the blocks they are asking for. Will be another stretcher for me. Will keep me busy until the next boom!!
Old 02-09-2015, 06:26 AM

Here's the block for one of Jaba's soon-to-be grandchildren. The pink/purple batik I used is a pretty good match to that in the fabric. I hope you like it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]509405[/ATTACH]

I had a devil of a time aligning those little blue triangle points properly. How is it that sometimes a "simple" block provides a big challenge?
Attached Thumbnails jj-jaba-march.jpg-copy.jpg  
Old 02-09-2015, 07:31 AM

Friday I took my laptop to work and, yep you guessed it. It stayed at work all weekend (was not going back to that place till I had to).

Bee, I didn't get your post till today.

It's difficult to step over that line that makes you realize life as you knew it is gone and now you need to find a new "normal". I'm so glad you did.

Enjoy the time you can spend with your Mom and be happy that she's as close to you as she is.

KAT
Old 02-09-2015, 07:48 AM

My last blocks for March!
Attached Thumbnails difergie.png   moonrise.png   nanakathy.png   billi.png   joanelizbay.png  

Old 02-09-2015, 07:49 AM

Thank you Kat! Your post expresses exactly where I am this moment. Acceptance is peace. It is a tough wall to break through.....and when it finally comes, it comes with the realization that it was right there in front of the wall all the time.

Working on my last blocks this week. Expecting to ship to Janice next Monday. Will start on my Blocks from Boom 11 in hopes of finishing the quilt top before receiving blocks from this Boom. UFO's on the front burner......here we go!

Bee
Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
Friday I took my laptop to work and, yep you guessed it. It stayed at work all weekend (was not going back to that place till I had to).

Bee, I didn't get your post till today.

It's difficult to step over that line that makes you realize life as you knew it is gone and now you need to find a new "normal". I'm so glad you did.

Enjoy the time you can spend with your Mom and be happy that she's as close to you as she is.

KAT
Old 02-09-2015, 07:51 AM

Been working on the hand work of the challenge quilt. I have almost 1/4 of the perimeter blanket stitch done, and a few of the sashing (2.5 I think) quilting done.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:21 AM

Good grief just spent an hour and a half online filling out unemployement forms. Don't understand how their can be fraud in their system I barely knew the answer to all the questions