Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - March, 2 month group >

Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Old 02-05-2015, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Bea love the block, very bright

Glad your Mother is doing better. My mom is finally getting settled in her apartment. She has started to get out and about and not complaining every minute
That's so good to hear! Mom is insisting on coming home, but she has to stay 14 days for speech and physical therapy. She begs me to take her home every time I leave from visiting. I go twice a day...she is only 3 miles from my house.

She has been diagnosed with FLD (Frontal Lobe Dementia), somewhat common at age 84. Not Alzheimer's as we initially thought. I have been able to sign her out for home visits, however Neurologist is recommending Long Term Care. For now, I am sleeping - not worrying every night about her safety. God Bless us each and every one.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:10 PM

just saying hi. Letting ya know I am still around. No blocks done yet though. Getting fabric together tonight though.
Old 02-06-2015, 04:51 AM

This is a cheery block! Brings a smile to my face.
Originally Posted by Bee Beatty View Post
Just getting a minute to check in here.....busy day with my Mom. Been with her most of the day. She is doing better, but is dealing with so much. Billi, I pray you are getting answers and some clarity is evolving. Thursday hugs coming at you!

Here is block for Terriamn. It is such a happy block.....called Star Buster from Pat Sloan. A great scrappy block pattern to bust that box of small pieces in your stash. It was fun to make....good therapy! Hope you like it Terri!

Bee

[ATTACH=CONFIG]508946[/ATTACH]
Old 02-06-2015, 05:50 AM

Such happy colors Bee 🐝. I can't wait to see the quilt Terri makes with all of the bright beautiful fun blocks it's going to be fun and happy. .

Here is my block for Moonrise it's another version of friendship star. I have to say the more I look at the colors and all the blocks being made for her I think it's one of the best "off beat" color combinations I have ever seen. This quilt is going to be incredible too. .
Attached Thumbnails 2015-02-06-05.47.17.jpg  
Old 02-06-2015, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Such happy colors Bee . I can't wait to see the quilt Terri makes with all of the bright beautiful fun blocks it's going to be fun and happy. .

Here is my block for Moonrise it's another version of friendship star. I have to say the more I look at the colors and all the blocks being made for her I think it's one of the best "off beat" color combinations I have ever seen. This quilt is going to be incredible too. .
I'm doing that exact friendship star in 4 inch as the corner block in the sashing on my URR quilt.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:22 AM

Bee have been hearing frontal lobe dementia a lot lately. My Growth leader's best friend who is in her 60's has been battling it for several years. Doctor dismissed deminta for my Mom, said her forgetfulness and what not is normal for a 87 year old person. Let's face it a lot of us can't remember things even now. Glad you are able to sleep and not getting yourself all worked up.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:54 AM

My face in the mirror
Isn't wrinkled or drawn.
My house isn't dirty.
The cobwebs are gone.
My garden looks lovely,
And so does my lawn.
I think I might never
Put my glasses back on.
Old 02-06-2015, 12:44 PM

LOL Love it!
Old 02-06-2015, 01:03 PM

[QUOTE=travelinggramma;7079686]My face in the mirror
Isn't wrinkled or drawn.
My house isn't dirty.
The cobwebs are gone.
My garden looks lovely,
And so does my lawn.
I think I might never
Put my glasses back on.

Travellinggramma,

Thank you for this wonderful post! I realized how I have been running around fueled by some mis-guided belief that as long as I don't breakdown, the world around me will stay in tact and everyone else will be OK. Instead, the words in your post somehow jumped off the screen like an arrow directed precisely at the one small crack in my steel armor - landing on the broken place in my heart and there I was - exposed for all to see! The flood gates opened! No where to run, no where to hide....I realized that I was loosing my mother and it was crushing me! .....and that her stress and frustration was largely due to my inability to accept that she is slipping slowly away, and just be with her.

This afternoon I have grown up....yes....at the age of 65 we can still grow up! I realized this is not about me, this is about her wanting to connect with me and my fear. A box of tissues later, I am looking forward to seeing her at dinner to actually listen to what she wants to say and let leave her glasses on.

Much love to you --Bee
Old 02-06-2015, 01:28 PM

Hugs to you, carolyn