Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155) >

Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Old 09-05-2010, 01:24 PM

Hi Ksea..... we are NASCAR fans. I am stitching this afternoon before the racing starts, too! lol

We regularly root for Kevin Harvick and Casey Mears because they are both from our home town. Tony Stewart is another fav here. Randy (my hubby) and I don't always agree on Jimmy Johnson and Dale Jr.

I'll be watching my mailbox for the new block to arrive. Thank you for making it!

hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by ksea
Jupiter, I just finished growing up your block, I really like it, I hope you do too. It will be on its way home come
Tuesday.

I thought I only had a bit of time to work on blocks today but then I checked the Nascar schedule and AWESOME! the race isn't on till 7:30 tonight. Should be able to get quite a few more done before that!!
Old 09-05-2010, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
Ok ladys I posted this in the Main section but I feel really close to you all here so I'm going to post it here too. I hope that is allowed. My DH tells me I can spend up to $3100. on a new quilting machine and frame. I have looked at the Juki 98Q with the Grace pro and lots of extras for $2787. and also at the Babylock quilters choice professional with a pinnacale Frame for $2860. Can you all tell me which you think is better and why and if these two prices are good or not. The Juki comes with GMQ Pro, Juki TL-98Q, Pro SK, Pro Bundle, Lamp & Bulb, Plastic Pattern Perfect, SureStitch 10 Bobbins, Ultimate Guide Book, Laser Stylus, Practice Quilt, Quilt CAD, Skillbuilder 1&2 Combo with booklet #772

I would appreciate any comments, suggestions or advice you all could give.
The Babylock only comes with the stitch regulator.

There was a quilter in the midwest that had a Juki set up for $2500 just recently. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-59591-1.htm I almost bought it but would have had to pay for shipping. I bought something a little bit closer to home. Now just to set it up and give it a whirl!
Yeah Karen I contacted her and because of not getting any kind of warranty I offered her $2100. (all I could come up with at the time) and my DH and I were driving right through her town 2 days later and she wouldn't take the $2100. Then I see when we got back from that trip she lowered her price to $2100. but I wasn't about to pay shipping after we had just drove through Solon.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:34 PM

I don't know a lot about quilting machines, but I would suggest you take a good look at who will be available to service your machine and teach you how to operate and maintain it. Its nice to have a local representative if possible.

hugs, Jupiter
Old 09-05-2010, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter
Hi Ksea..... we are NASCAR fans. I am stitching this afternoon before the racing starts, too! lol

We regularly root for Kevin Harvick and Casey Mears because they are both from our home town. Tony Stewart is another fav here. Randy (my hubby) and I don't always agree on Jimmy Johnson and Dale Jr.

I'll be watching my mailbox for the new block to arrive. Thank you for making it!

hugs, Jupiter

Jupiter, I just finished growing up your block, I really like it, I hope you do too. It will be on its way home come
Tuesday.

I thought I only had a bit of time to work on blocks today but then I checked the Nascar schedule and AWESOME! the race isn't on till 7:30 tonight. Should be able to get quite a few more done before that!!
Tony is my favorite. I have pics of my DGD's in #20 and #14 outfits that I sent to him and he signed. I also go to the Prelude to the Dream race that he has at his Eldora Speedway every year. I'm not a Jr or a Jimmie or a Gordon fan but Harvick is okay. Johnny Benson is from here in Grand Rapids, in fact he started out racing at the local track here that my uncle was killed at.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:45 PM

Sorry to hear about your uncle. Racing is fun. Racing is hard. I'll bet the kids loved their outfits signed by Tony. Hey, I'd let him sign my t-shirt! lol

hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by Jupiter

hugs, Jupiter

Tuesday.

Tony is my favorite. I have pics of my DGD's in #20 and #14 outfits that I sent to him and he signed. I also go to the Prelude to the Dream race that he has at his Eldora Speedway every year. I'm not a Jr or a Jimmie or a Gordon fan but Harvick is okay. Johnny Benson is from here in Grand Rapids, in fact he started out racing at the local track here that my uncle was killed at.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:36 PM

Ksea wrote:
Tony is my favorite. I have pics of my DGD's in #20 and #14 outfits that I sent to him and he signed. I also go to the Prelude to the Dream race that he has at his Eldora Speedway every year. I'm not a Jr or a Jimmie or a Gordon fan but Harvick is okay. Johnny Benson is from here in Grand Rapids, in fact he started out racing at the local track here that my uncle was killed at.[/quote]

I'm a NASCAR fan too, I root for underdogs-Jeff Burton and Elliot Sadler, my mom roots for Gordan, Jimmie, Jr and Harvick-Tony grew up in Columbus, IN-30 min away from me. My cousin's husband use to be sponsored by Tony on the local level.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:47 PM

There was a quilter in the midwest that had a Juki set up for $2500 just recently. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-59591-1.htm I almost bought it but would have had to pay for shipping. I bought something a little bit closer to home. Now just to set it up and give it a whirl![/quote]

Yeah Karen I contacted her and because of not getting any kind of warranty I offered her $2100. (all I could come up with at the time) and my DH and I were driving right through her town 2 days later and she wouldn't take the $2100. Then I see when we got back from that trip she lowered her price to $2100. but I wasn't about to pay shipping after we had just drove through Solon.[/quote]

Too bad! I'm sure that it would have been nice to have!
Old 09-05-2010, 03:01 PM

later on you are still having problems and i am sure that from all of us we can get yours done for you. But we will pray that your vision will be better. GOD BLESS
Brenda
Old 09-05-2010, 08:28 PM

Oh Mary Jane, take care of those eyes. You'll send your F8's when it's time and we'll take care of them. You just take care of you; the swap wouldn't be the same without you.

Love & Blessings,

Odessa
Old 09-05-2010, 09:14 PM

Okay, in the past week, while I was on wedding cake duty, I got the following:

F8's from:
Quiltlin
dawson.tracey35
Brenda5

All growed up blocks from:
Wendsy
KathyN
Moonrise

They're all fabulous. And Ksea, your replacement F8 is on its way. Don't stress about the problems with the first one; these fabrics are just dying to be independent and difficult! The rest are still lying nicely on my ironing board, but only because I told them to behave or else!

Odessa