Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 105 of 173 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 104 105 106 115 155 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1722

Thread: Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    I think some may just not sew because of the lengthy time .
    And some of us work 50+ hours a week and still have children that require mommy time and nurturing and still love the opportunity to be a part of this fabulous online community as a way to enjoy our craft. However, that being said, I don't mind a shorter time....would just join a small group instead.

Blog Entries
    Didn't mean to offend alikat110, I know there are some that have children at home and work, and I will be the 1st to give credit for the time that is involved with that, I do remember well. I was a widow at 27yrs.old with 2 sons that were 1 and 3. Not easy for anyone who has to work and raise children. It's natural the more time you have people take that time. I would just like to finish sooner like joanlizbay if there was enough people interested in doing that. If there is fine and if not that's fine too. I certainly didn't mean all the groups, perhaps just 1 or 2 if they wanted to get done a little quicker. Please accept my apology if my statement came across wrong.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee3 View Post
    Jaba please let elizabrat to take care and get well soon. I do miss her commentary on the board.
    agreed, and seconed,to that, get well and get healthy and do that awesoem commenting againlove it
    SPREAD THE LOVE-- hug a child, share a smile, be kind, and let a loved one , and an animal know that you care,,,, it costs nothing but a minute of a day, so do not delay.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    Didn't mean to offend alikat110, I know there are some that have children at home and work, and I will be the 1st to give credit for the time that is involved with that, I do remember well. I was a widow at 27yrs.old with 2 sons that were 1 and 3. Not easy for anyone who has to work and raise children. It's natural the more time you have people take that time. I would just like to finish sooner like joanlizbay if there was enough people interested in doing that. If there is fine and if not that's fine too. I certainly didn't mean all the groups, perhaps just 1 or 2 if they wanted to get done a little quicker. Please accept my apology if my statement came across wrong.
    Thanks. Honestly, I was not offended...just wanted another view out there because I think its important to recognize that we all come from different places in our lives. Patricipation is, for me, a way to connect more with people who enjoys quilting. I do not have tons of time outside of work and home to be in a guild. This is my connection.

Just need an F8 from girlscouts1.
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here.

I don't care if it is 3 months or 4 months turn around. although for this swap, because I signed up for all of them.....having the 4 months is great. If it changed to 3 months then I would just not signed up for all of them. actually I probably won't signed up for all of them again anyways. It was an experiment to try and it has been tough but I am getting there. Up to almost 60 blocks finished. So will have 30 left to go.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Since it was my first time I was afraid to sign up for more, but I didn't have any trouble getting all mine done. Of course postage for all of them would probably put me in the poor house. I wouldn't mind a three month turn around tho.

Talk about postage.....my post offices here...notice I did make it plural as in so. cal you can go to 5 - 6 PO within a 5 mile circle and I have tried them all. Each PO seemed to have their own little rules about how much to charge for international.....Now they have all cracked down and got on the same page and to mail my blocks back to Canada and Englands was $6.55 a piece. For an envelop weighing less then 1 oz. So because I am on a limited budget I am going to have to not do international anymore. Sad because I like having my international friends.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Oh my, that is atrocious. I went to a little store like mail boxes and they charged me 1.75. That was okay. I sent the f8 and block at the same time. I would have a stroke at 6.55.

Blog Entries

Status as of 3/30/2013

It's been almost a month since I've updated my status:

Swap Complete
    * = mailed on
    3/29 or 3/30
    Block Returned
    * = mailed on
    3/29 or 3/30
    Rec'd F8,
    Ready to Sew
    * = rec'd finished block