Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread >

Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread

Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 04:09 PM

Joanelizbay, thanks I'm glad you like them

roseirish48, 480x640 you say? I'll set my camera to that and see if I can get it to upload! Thanks
Old 03-18-2013, 04:14 PM

Rec'd F8 from Tracibug today. Yeah only waiting for 1 more!....
Country1
Old 03-18-2013, 05:22 PM

Default update

Got this beautiful block today from quiltingmommy, thank you so much. Also received a F8 from girlscouts1
Old 03-18-2013, 05:47 PM

Hi there everyone hope your day was lovely! I received an F8 from girlscout and from tracibug today. Thank you ladies.

When I get stumped with a fabric it goes back behind the next one and maybe later in the day or tomorrow it comes to me and sometimes that happens 3 or 4 times then I get this ah moment. (easier when you peak at the albums of the person who sent the fabric you get an idea what others see in it). I think a lunch for kidney patients waiting for a transplant is a lovely thing your niece is doing. Company sometimes who understands your spot isn't so bad. I think four years.. how long is the wait for a person your niece. I was told for me blood type b its 8 to 9 yrs. a compromised (cadavere kidney) is four to five years. I wait. as patiently as one can right?

ok onto fun things like booms. I do a variety then sometimes I want to do a couple blocks that give me joy to make, simple but good blocks. I think your right urgodschild, you know it depends on the fabric your holding. if it says OH make this! or it says .. make something.. or make it simple or make it pointed or.. lol or its only 9" wide and well that says something else all together.. just depends.

I am glad to see that everyone is making a bit more of an effort to make 12.5 inch blocks. It makes the end decision on what can go into a quilt with the others and what doesnt work a bit simplier. the more the merrier to me, I want them all to fit in. If you want help squaring up a block feel free to PM and surely there are others who can help you understand how that is done. So you get even squaring and maybe dont end up taking too much off one side or another. even it out. And if you find your block is seriousy short.. see what you can do to fix that. 11" is seriously short. 11.5 the same. add an even border something that makes your block one that can fit into someone elses quilts. They are doing it for you. Please??? I wonder how many have not started or barely started? I mailed three out today. 9 more now that the two f8's came in. yahooo. getting there!
Old 03-18-2013, 06:28 PM

Got this beautiful block from quiltingmommy today. she said the name of it was Mississippi but I agree with her, its more like a spinning starburst! Love it...thanks so much.
Attached Thumbnails quiltingmommy-mississippi.jpg  
Old 03-18-2013, 07:17 PM

oh boy i got 3 squishies in the mail , i got a f8th, from traci P, and 2 beautiful grownups one from elisabrat, and linda D, thnak u ladies i will take pics later but they are lovely and i love them, great job, long day taking girly to bed, maby tomorow i have been on roll todya and got stuff done, an sdstill need to finish a few but closer, mch closer, thanks ladies, and traci i jsut got fabric in that will go with your fabric woohoo, so happy,
Old 03-19-2013, 01:20 AM

Received an F8 yesterday from Tracibug. Will get started on it ASAP.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:55 AM

Elizabrat....My niece had both kidneys removed 4 years ago at Stanford and her mom had her removed over 10 years ago. For my sil, they have their own dialysis machine at home so they do all of that there. Usually at night when she goes to sleep. But myu niece does have to go in three times a week. May of us have tried to be donors and have been turned down for one reason or another.

Barb
Old 03-19-2013, 01:26 PM

Another snow day here in NH I'm ready for Spring! The good news is that I have 3 more blocks to be mailed tomorrow to: NanaKathy, RoseIrish & Lestrong. Received a beautiful block today from Marcialee - thank you!
Old 03-19-2013, 02:00 PM

Weekly update.

Since my last update I have made 4 more blocks: Navarre2011, Lovngrandma, Alikat110, Dottie Dodge.
If you are interested in a sneak peak, the album in my profile has been updated. THant leaves 9 more to go!

I have received 4 wonderful blocks from: Elisabrat, NanaKathy55, Twinriversfarm aand ljdugas. Pictures are in my album

I have not sent my F8 to 4 people: Tracibug, Ok Darla, Navarre2011, and Mosher92.
If you have not received my F8 and are not part of this list please message me.
The last few F8's will be sent out in my next mailing, I promise.

I am missing just two F8's: mosher92 and Girlscouts1