Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread >

Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread

Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 06:31 PM

so all finished blocks in mail today. I rec;d a completed block along with her f8 from Mosher today--still waiting on Girlscout1 F8--expect it will be here shortly. so only three more blocks to make.
elisabrat--i havent received enough of he completed blocks back yet to start putting them together. I hope to get three twin size quilt tops out of the completed blocks that will then be donated to the church group for their charity projects. I understand they use the money for camp scholarships for underprivileged kids besides donating some of the finished quilts to various nursing homes in the area. I do whatever i can to forward their ministry.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:48 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
alikat110,

Your fabric was adorable-I enjoyed making your block!

Gaijin
Thanks. It will be put together for a charity quilt.....I think the bright colors are fun to work with.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:29 AM

Today is the day. Yep I am going on an unofficial "field trip". The class I go to for quilting....someone discovered that Hoffman's has tours so she arranged for any one in the class to go. Today is the day. I have 4 other ladies in my car and we are going to the factory which is in Mission Viejo (in Orange Co). We will tour the factory and see I guess how they print the fabric. All of us "old ladies" are so excited to be going. We will also take a tour up to Kaufman's once they finish their remodeling phase of their shop. But that is in the future. So sorry no sewing blocks today.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:02 PM

Got finished blocks from Lori and Marcia. Will post pictures later. Also received the F8 from Lori. Will try to have final 3 finished this weekend and in the mail Monday.

I have a question about some fabric. Does anyone know who sent this fabric in one of the swaps? Im not sure which one it was but I love it everytime I see and and would like to know where she got it!! Its really pretty!
Attached Thumbnails whos-fabric.jpg  
Old 03-21-2013, 03:07 PM

Received these two beautiful blocks today. First one is from mosher92 and the 2nd one is from Marcialee. Both are beautiful and fit right in with the other yellows! Anyone heard from April lately? Ive received 19 finished blocks so I guess that makes 16 to go. Back to cutting 2 1/2 squares for a four patch design. Im using all the scraps I have left from other booms. Now have 5 finished quilts waiting to go to the quilter....money gets in the way sometimes
Attached Thumbnails lori-boom-9-received.jpg   marcia-smith.jpg  
Old 03-21-2013, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by alikat110 View Post
My turn to update.

I have recieved f8s from everyone except mosher92. Has anyone heard from her?
Will be sendind grownups to: AZ Kat, cuppy, dottie dodge, girlscouts1, marcialee, missgigglewings, Moonrise, Navarre2011, & urgodschild2. I figured out how to make an album...you can go thru my profile for a sneak peak if you want. I will figure out later how to add link to my signature line.

I have recieved grown ups from dahna42 & Nanakathy55
I have mine from Mosher92 and she mailed everyone elses on Monday
Old 03-21-2013, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Abby's Mom View Post
Another snow day here in NH I'm ready for Spring! The good news is that I have 3 more blocks to be mailed tomorrow to: NanaKathy, RoseIrish & Lestrong. Received a beautiful block today from Marcialee - thank you!
You are very welcome...sorry I can't post pictures of the ones I receive
Old 03-21-2013, 03:38 PM

this is my update: missing 1 F8 - scrapper mailed out grown up blocks to:missgigglewings, moonrise,moonwork, oldcatlady, roseirish, themamahauser, travelinggramma,urgodschild, aabbysmom, Arizona Kat, country1, cuppy, jaba, joanlizbay, listrong, ljduguas.................will be making up more tomorrow and will mail them Monday.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:43 PM

I got a F8 from Mosher 92. I got the following grown-up blocks from Abby's mom, Marcialee and Mosher92

[ATTACH=CONFIG]403348[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]403349[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]403350[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails abbys-mom-pacific.jpg   marciale-pacific.jpg   mosher-92-pacific.jpg  
Old 03-21-2013, 03:48 PM

Well the mail box is still saying helllllooooo back at me. Is everyone on vacation? I know I am not I think another four blocks and I will start my grand adventure of putting these things together. I figure better early than late as its easy to put them in a safe box. I will take Jaba's example. I am thinking a set of placemats to start ? But I want a quilt too then I think oh oh tablerunners.. say four each one? you see if I start now it will get finished. What about you guys? do you do best at the end? do you put them in a gonna work on that when i get time slot?