Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread >

Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread

Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
Well its not happening. Penny in KY, Donna in Attleboro and Jaba you recently sent me such pretty blocks. Can you post pics if I can not get them sent to Jaba and have her post of the blocks? She will give it a try in the morning but this is beyond ridiculous. its started snowing my text keeps disappearing on me to as it trys to reload the page for random reasons now. argh! I am trying so hard even woke up at 2 to get this to work .. very sad.
I have trouble posting pics also.
Country1
Old 02-19-2013, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by cuppy View Post
Update as of Tuesday morning 9 am 2/19/13 These are the 10 I have not received a Fat8th from. ArizonaKat - babyfire04- dottiedodge- girlscouts1 - jaydee3 - Mosher92 - lovngrandma - scrapper- Tracibug - travelinggramma Cuppy
That's not good. I sent my out February 9. The one I sent to Japan made it already. If you don't receive in a couple of days, pm me and I'll send another.

ArizonaKAT
Old 02-19-2013, 10:18 AM

ok today is the day. Have you all ever got so busy with making blocks and you now have material and scraps sort of everywhere. Then to add in that I knit and those projects are also sitting around in various stages and completions.
Plus trying to finish up some quilts that I am marking for quilting. Needless to say there is a mess and clutter everywhere. My daughter is still living with me and so she has the downstairs as her bedroom. MY sewing machine is down there so you all know what that is like with little scraps here and there when we sew and cut material. Then the other and only place I have right now to work is upstairs in my bedroom where my computer is. Plus a semi large table area that the computer sits on and I can cut out my blocks and keep track of my boom buddies, etc. So today is clean up and straighten up. I get to the point where when I am making several blocks that after a while the clutter starts to stifle my thinking and working. So I probably won't be making blocks today as I am cleaning up.
But I did mail out 4 blocks to their owners and I mentioned them before in an earlier post. Am I the only one who gets this way or do you all get this cluttery too?????
Old 02-19-2013, 11:55 AM

I am probably not so cluttery. When I start a block i pull coordinating fabrics. Finish block, take a pic put block in envelope place where mail goes. Then I put back all fabrics I used. stock the left overs in case someone needs more and the too small garbage or into a scrap bag for someone who loves scraps ie not me. no mess. i work on a dinner table. seats four. sewing machine, cutting area thats it. In the "sewing" room I have a table to audition fabrics and put them away when done an my fabric in its bins or shelf. no sewing in the sewing room the lighting is not great. yarn in yarn bag, crafts on top shelf of bookcase. when I have half finished projects? I move the one in the dining room to a plastic bag or over a chair if its too big and not parts. I have a stack of christmas current blocks on the sewing room table. it cant stay out would drive me bonkers. My house just isnt that big to hold a lot of mess. Ask Traci she will tell you ..

urgodschild your block came home to me! can you post I cant post crud. I also cleaned temp files, emptied cache, got rid of old unused programs restarted computer. its not the computer its the signal. there is none. And we do buy for the park X amount of computer bits and bites. I didnt believe you could do that right its like infinite the internet. wrong. here with hughes net you buy amounts. we are a big park with over 200 sites. on busy weekends like this last one we might have 40-50 people (this is off season) and in summer up to 200 people here so one person downloads a movie? gone are the bits til tomorrow. sigh. no member however wants to pay more dues so no more internet. and personally we can not get it here except for aol dial up which is the same speed. not paying for that. got that already after tomorrow it should clear up and no snow on the dish and well.. we will get the internet to work. then its yahoo.

hope Jan you sent another block can you post that? and penny? and donna sent that pic to jaba after many attemps one went through to her in regular email. 3 hours. unreal.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:58 AM

Clutter is my middle name Chaos is my "alternative" name But we all play nicely together ... well most of the time we do, lol.

I have a "sewing" room but I use the dining room table. We just push stuff over when there's more than 2 or 3 of us eating. I don't like being in the other room (and frankly it's a mess right now) and my Hubby & Dad would rather me be out there with them too.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:36 PM

finished block called "Mother's Own' for Roseysue. Rec;d completed block called Pieced Star from Urgodschild2. both re posted in albums on profile page.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:45 PM

Default update for brat

Here's pics for you brat, 1st 2 are the ones I sent to you[ATTACH=CONFIG]396340[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]396341[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]396342[/ATTACH]From Donna
Attached Thumbnails dscf1094.jpg   dscf1095.jpg   donna-attleboro-ma-boom-9.jpg  
Old 02-19-2013, 12:49 PM

Default for brat

Think I got this 1 too, from Penny to brat[ATTACH=CONFIG]396344[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails getattachment.jpg  
Old 02-19-2013, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
ok today is the day. Have you all ever got so busy with making blocks and you now have material and scraps sort of everywhere. Then to add in that I knit and those projects are also sitting around in various stages and completions.
Plus trying to finish up some quilts that I am marking for quilting. Needless to say there is a mess and clutter everywhere. My daughter is still living with me and so she has the downstairs as her bedroom. MY sewing machine is down there so you all know what that is like with little scraps here and there when we sew and cut material. Then the other and only place I have right now to work is upstairs in my bedroom where my computer is. Plus a semi large table area that the computer sits on and I can cut out my blocks and keep track of my boom buddies, etc. So today is clean up and straighten up. I get to the point where when I am making several blocks that after a while the clutter starts to stifle my thinking and working. So I probably won't be making blocks today as I am cleaning up.
But I did mail out 4 blocks to their owners and I mentioned them before in an earlier post. Am I the only one who gets this way or do you all get this cluttery too?????
I can at least match this. I moved to a smaller two bedroom apartment attached to the back end of an commercial garage (the kind where auto mechanics work) in late December. One bd for me. One for my sewing machines. Garage for my horses, laundry room, etc. My granddaughter and boyfriend came to help me move. They haven't left yet.They are still sleeping in what should be my sewing room and my sewing room is in the industrial garage along with my truck, hay, grain, washing machine dryer, extra furniture and misc. from the other house . . . and the horses are still living outside full time. I can only sew when the weather is warm cause there is no heat in the garage. I tried cutting in the garage and sewing in the house but I spent more time getting up and moving.

We addicts will do whatever we need to do to satisfy our addiction.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:23 PM

Default update

In the mail and going home are blocks to scrapper, goldendogs55 and missgigglewings. Received finished blocks from goldendogs55 and nanakathy55.
Have not received from babyfire04, dottiedodge, girlscouts1, jaydee3, lovinggrandma, mosher92, and tracibug. I only have 6 envelopes left in my house to do and send home.[ATTACH=CONFIG]396394[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]396395[/ATTACH]Thanks ladies for the nice blocks, they look great with the other ones.
Attached Thumbnails dscf1170.jpg   dscf1171.jpg