Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread >

Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread

Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 04:20 PM

My first grown went home to............MOONRISE today!
All F8's are out as of today also so keep your eyes peeled on the mail boxes
Old 02-19-2013, 04:35 PM

I received two great blocks today! One from Urgodschild2, and one from TheMamHauser (with extra pieces toward another block!). Thank you both so much. Pictures soon!
Old 02-19-2013, 04:36 PM

Got 4 very pretty blocks today. Thank you so much! Im also posting a picture of the yellow/white blocks Ive received so far. Question..would the sashing be better in yellow or white or a combination of both? Im not good at deciding on sashings! Thanks again! Missing the same 8 F8's plus Gaijin from Japan. 11 more here to make, received a F8 from Navarre2011 today.
Blocks are RoseIrish, The MamaHauser, Twin rivers and Urgods child.
Attached Thumbnails roseirish.jpg   themamahauser-1-.jpg   twin-rivers-farm.jpg   urgodschild.jpg   blocks-so-far.jpg  

Last edited by joanelizbay; 02-19-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:58 PM

April, do you keep track of how many Booms we have done? I have pictures of 5,6,7,8 but I also have 30 blue/white blocks that I have no idea what boom they came from! I just laid some of them out on my bed and still have about 20 left over. Any suggestions on a color for sashing on this one would be appreciate too! Dark? Light? Blue? White?
Attached Thumbnails blue-blocks-1.jpg  
Old 02-19-2013, 05:15 PM

elizabrat.....sometimes I wish that I could be more diligent on not being so cluttery. I try but I do not measure up to it at all. So I have to clean up every so often. Now I love how clean and neat everything looks. I can now look at doing more blocks and how I want to do them. LOL.

Here is Elisabrat's block that I made her. I think it is a little fuzzy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]396450[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0295.jpg  
Old 02-19-2013, 05:19 PM

joanelizbay--I would go with a darker sashing personally, to help each block stand out more. I finally found my mailbox key today and had four grown-up blocks waiting for me. Thanks (pictures in order of names I think): Launavee, Jaba, Moonrise, and Country1

Old 02-19-2013, 05:25 PM

finished block for OK Darla and posted pic in album. Pattern is Wheeling Triangles.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:33 PM

Received an F8 from Navarre2011 today, along with two finished blocks from GoldenDog55 and MissGiggleWings! I love them!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]396456[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]396457[/ATTACH]

The yellow quilt and the blue quilt are both going to be STUNNING! So far I've just put one of my Boom quilts together, and it still lacks a border. I've been in all the Booms starting with #3, so you can imagine the pile of blocks just sitting here waiting on me! Sometimes I hear them tapping their feet, trying to hurry me up! he he
Attached Thumbnails boom9-received-goldendog55.jpg   boom9-received-missgigglewings.jpg  
Old 02-19-2013, 06:31 PM

Navarre2001 got your fat8 today. Dahna42, and Goldendog, got your blocks today and they are great and thanks for the extra pices too. I will add to them later. I will post picks tomorrow, I got home late tonight and think I will go to bed. Phannie
Old 02-19-2013, 06:38 PM

Yellow stands out so much that white would be easier than more yellow I think. And the blue white dark blue would really showcase those blocks in my not so humble opinion.

Jaba thank you so much it took me so much time to send those pictures in email had to trick it into reloading and taking the darned things by going back into the internet and resetting it which would move those bars two lines farther up.. all ten of them 3 hours each to get them to upload then one poof just uploads. we have a foot of snow. got 10 inches n three hours and now its gentle snow til midnite. so the fire is lovely the internet not so much. thank you again smooch!

and to the house well i get anxiety if its too messy so I try hard not to get there. not always possible. you should see me when my girl comes home her clothes strewn everywhere, bathroom what counter? and shoes and backpacks and then the sewing room implodes as she brings a lifetime of laundry or 8 loads whatever she can fit into her little car and a boyfriend and omg talk about needing mommas little helpers. I cant hang well with that. My mom was a general in our home. YOU VIL do this. You VIL NOT BE A PIG smack.. so even growing up I always worried she would come by and there might be a mess and she would be shamed by me. hence the anxiety. long story but makes sense now. not judging anyone. i just cant do it.