Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread

Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 06:12 PM

Received f8 from cuppy

Sending grownup blocks home tomorrow (if there is a mail service) to:
urgodschild2
twinriversfarm
nanakathy55

You can peek if you want by checking the link with my signature line.

I am missing 8 f8 -- I'll list them later in the week in case some are in transit.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:08 PM

I got five blocks done and added the binding on a small quilt today. I will be sending 3 blocks home on Tuesday to Scrapper, Cuppy and Joanelizbay. the other two blocks were for my son's quilt that I am working on. Hope all is well this weekend. Phannie
Old 02-17-2013, 07:09 PM

Ok I see lots of blocks are coming in and people are just putting them in their folders but not posting what they received. Not the fabric pieces but the actual finished block. Internet connections are so hard here to get one page to open is a TADA moment so I can see what is coming in. If you only put it in your folder then the odds of everyone sharing in the fun of what was created out of your fabric. It helps give you an idea of hey they are getting these combos and I LIKE that one. some fabrics stump you and all the creative ideas are great. or to say I want to make THAT block .. etc. so if you can please post the finished item blocks you receive back from your swappers that would be great. I use my album for reference .. sent/received not expecting people to go there. I still have no internet so I cant even put pictures in there. this is super slow again. argh.. maybe next weekend.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:08 PM

Elisabrat, I try to post all received blocks on the main screen but then put the ones I send home and the ones I get also in an album that my link takes you too. I tried to access moonworks just now but it took me to a posting in the main page. I LOVE seeing what people receive, just like you said...it gives me inspiration! Id love to see more of the finished quilts from past swaps. Took me awhile to figure out how to put a link to all my albums on my signature line but thanks to Pat, one of the moderators I got it done! I understand about slow internet! I go thru our cable company and if its windy outside you can forget staying connected for awhile!
Old 02-17-2013, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
Abby's Mom -- You listed as receiving a block from MOONWORK42029

I haven't worked on yours yet so I'm guessing it was MoonRISE that sent it to you.

I know it's confusing with 2 Moon's both named Lisa...what a twist to add to the swap.
We planned it that way, didn't we, just to throw everybody off! hee hee hee (Just playing!)

Yep, that's the block I sent, with the mauve and gold flowers and the little 9-patches in the corners (next-to-the-last pic in that post).
Old 02-18-2013, 04:16 AM

[QUOTE=joanelizbay I understand about slow internet! I go thru our cable company and if its windy outside you can forget staying connected for awhile![/QUOTE]

We get our Internet through At&T and we are at the end of the line. At certain times of day we are lucky to get on.

I love seeing everyones' blocks as they are recieved. I love this swap! Phannie
Old 02-18-2013, 04:59 AM

TheMamHauser, I'm always on the lookout for good white fabric-hard for me to find! I love the white fabric with the swirls you used on Moonrises's block. Do you remember where you got it?
Old 02-18-2013, 08:20 AM

Morning everyone! I had a nice sewing day yesterday once again no internet to upload pics of what I have received so if I havent thanked you here are the blocks I did receive: donna in attelboro? and also Penny in ky. and another pretty one from Jaba! so I did score and one day can share the photos. I think I have nine back now. wow! its going to be so nice to whip these guys together I think a few more and I will start making rows with them that way I can just put my rows together in the end and tada! not going to pick and chose which goes where honestly they all work. black sashing and perfection. You guys are great!

finished yesterday Urgodschild2, roseirish and donna in Attelboro (sorry dont recall your screen name). those will go out tomorrow and maybe one or two more depending on quilting energy today. gorgeous day should equal gorgeous quilt time and energy. yahoooo! oh and those who havent checked out themamahausers website should do so. she has a section for boom quilts a slide show.. way way cool. high five Kelly terrific job on that.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:01 AM

Oh gosh...does anyone else have problems clicking on the link to my thread to see the blocks I've made?

It's an ongoing thread in the pictures section so you can see the comments also...not an album page.

When I did the album, the pictures are so large you can't see the whole block on the screen so I don't do the album any more.

I'll have to "fix" my thread link if others have a problem viewing the blocks so please let me know.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by oldcatlady View Post
TheMamHauser, I'm always on the lookout for good white fabric-hard for me to find! I love the white fabric with the swirls you used on Moonrises's block. Do you remember where you got it?
It's actually not white - it's tan or kind of rose-tan? It was some remnants I had from an extra-wide backing I got at my LQS. I am not sure who the manufacturer was, sorry!