Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 210 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 61 111 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 2100

Thread: Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

  1. #101
    Super Member LovingIzabella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,076
    Quote Originally Posted by ckcowl
    how do you work 18 blocks into a quilt??
    well, you could use 2 of them to make matching pillow shams :) then have 4x4
    You could do the 4 x 4 with pillow shams but you could also use the last two as opposite corner cornerstones (top left bottom right) in the border around the 4 x 4.
    So many possibilities!
    Hugs
    April

  2. #102
    Super Member oatw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,750
    Hi Everyone! I have been a lurker here for quite awhile (and I've posted a few times). I finally decided to take the plunge and signed up for this swap. It sounds like a lot of fun. :)

    I do have a question....
    I have a few F8's I bought at my LQS but they are not 18x11, they are 9x22. Is that size okay with everyone? Please let me know what you think.

    Thanks! And I am looking forward to working with all of you :)

  3. #103
    Power Poster MadQuilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    ELVERTA, CA
    Posts
    12,917
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by oatw13
    I do have a question....
    I have a few F8's I bought at my LQS but they are not 18x11, they are 9x22. Is that size okay with everyone? Please let me know what you think.
    Good call. I never worked with a F8 before and had to look this one up. According to this website, your measurement is listed as the correct one.
    http://quilting.about.com/od/quiltin...fat_eighth.htm

    I have to cut my yardage, and it would be helpful to know the dimensions. Well, actually, I think I'll cut mine oversize anyway.

  4. #104
    Super Member LovingIzabella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,076
    Ladies,
    I had always thought the F8 was 9x22 as well and then was informed it was 18 x 11. I think I am ok either way-whatever is best for each quilter to cut and send-ultimately it gives you the same amount of fabric to work with.
    Any one else have an opinion on this?
    Hugs
    April

  5. #105
    cjt_mama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    N. Cali
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
    Whoops cjt!
    I just realized you said the tree not the fairy lol The tree is also from Hancock's
    FREESPIRIT LUELLA DOSS HOT FLASH JUICY TREE PANELItem #: FS LD 15 WHITE. $4 and it is a closeout fabric.
    Hugs
    April
    LOL! Tis ok, Thanks though, I just may have to order a panel

  6. #106
    cjt_mama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    N. Cali
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
    Ladies,
    I had always thought the F8 was 9x22 as well and then was informed it was 18 x 11. I think I am ok either way-whatever is best for each quilter to cut and send-ultimately it gives you the same amount of fabric to work with.
    Any one else have an opinion on this?
    Hugs
    April
    18x11 gives a little more room for bigger cuts.. But either works :)

  7. #107
    Super Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,523
    I just ordered my fabric today so I am also interested in whether to cut 18x11 or 9x22. I had mentioned an f8 as 18x11 as being half of 18 x 22 but I can cut either way.

  8. #108
    Super Member LovingIzabella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,076
    Susie
    I have heard mixed reviews about the F8 but as Mad posted a true one is 9 x 22. If nobody here minds I think I will leave it up to each person who sends the F8 as to whether they send 9x22 or 18x11. I personally like the 18x11 as it does give you the ability to cut a bigger square for something if need be..
    Hugs
    April

  9. #109
    cjt_mama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    N. Cali
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
    Susie
    I have heard mixed reviews about the F8 but as Mad posted a true one is 9 x 22. If nobody here minds I think I will leave it up to each person who sends the F8 as to whether they send 9x22 or 18x11. I personally like the 18x11 as it does give you the ability to cut a bigger square for something if need be..
    Hugs
    April
    sounds fine to me :)

  10. #110
    Junior Member BarbS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    241
    I already cut and packaged mine....and did 11x18....but either way works for me......:)

    Barb

Page 11 of 210 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.