Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Blog Entries
    OOOOhhhh! what a late night surprise I got! Barbsbus and NorBanaquilts' fabric were in my mailbox. Pretty fabric and so exciting! :D

I vote we post after we receive. The surprise will be fun. Now I have to learn to post pictures!

Anyone have any cheese to go with my whine?

I am agonizing about cutting my fabric! I'm afraid to make that first cut! The pieces are going to be 1/4 inch short and a smidgen short on the width! You'd think I was a rocket scientist the way I am thinking of cutting.
    Then the temperature on the porch where I cut is 52 degrees!
    It's usually about 80 degrees on a sunny day! And it's raining! And cold!
    The weather people near Orlando were all out this morning running around looking for snow flakes to take a picture of. What a riot.

But then, just when I was ready to quit, the mailman came and brought me three more squishes!

I may have to wait until tomorrow to cut but they will be out in the mail on Monday.

I decided to print out the chart and the very first column doesn't print. Why is that?
    I still haven't figured out how to do the mail merge so I'll probably have to hand write the labels but that's OK.
    My chart is in MS Works. Maybe that has something to do with it.
    I don't know.
    Anyway, it must be almost lunch time then I will get back to some sewing.
    You ladies have a great day!
    :-D :-D

I also say when we receive, I love surprises esp. on a bad day!!
    I also received fromMisty, Barbara Day, & Barbara Johnson today, will be busy tomorrow, finnised a block for Donna, will mail on Monday.

Hi everyone in this swap. I am Gigix12 (Lori Hovey). I have sent out all my fabric but an emergency has come up and I will be in Tucson and back home by February 1. I promise I will get all your squares done by April 10th..but just bear (bare) with me.
    I am taking the 3 fabrics I have received with me and while waiting for my son to recover from his surgery will get them done and the rest when I return.

God Bless and Happy Quilting. This swap is so much fun. It is mind boggling picking matching fabrics and choosing blocks to feature your fabric.

Hugs, Gigix12

Yes, please don't think about your quilting friends we can wait. DH needs you. Prayers are with you both.

I just posted that I will be out for a month because of my son having cancer surgery...I got all my fabric mailed but the blocks and my fun opening "squishies" will have to wait until the 1st of Feb. But all will be out by April...promise.

Gigix12

Know what you mean..took my first 18 and it was $1.22 an envelope...WHAT!!! My DH took the rest today and he only paid $65...WHAT!!! Must have folded them different this time.

Isn't this swap a hoot????

I received my first to F8...now off to decide on a block

Blog Entries
    I sent mine today. After I got them all sealed, I realized that NOWHERE is my nick. But, since I am the only Martina/MadQuilter in the batch, I think there won't be any confusion.

Let's post when we receive.

Somewhere near the water in beautiful Michigan
    I agree also, let's post when we receive. As excited as I am to be making these blocks, I'd love for the recipients to get excited as they start opening their envelopes.

I LOVE going to my mailbox now. I skip into the house, singing "I got a squishie!! I got a squishie!!!" What excitement! I got two of them today - from Collettakay and Barbsbus. All I can say is that orchids must be the "in" thing right now (or maybe you're both just freezing and hoping the orchids will warm you up when you get the blocks back?)

Susiequilt, I know what you mean about the printing problem; I work on a computer every day, but never have to mail merge so I had no idea how to do it, either. It was just faster to type the addresses myself. [If you ever want someone to whine with, pull up a chair! lol]

Gigix12, go and take care of your son. He's in all of our prayers, I'm sure.

And all of my fabrics are on their way now. Good luck everyone (you'll see when my fabric arrives!).

All but 5 of my fabric "packets" were sent out today. I ran out of zip lock bags, and didn't want to mail the fabric out without a wraping of some sort, just in case.

I have Barbra's quilt block already cut, my goal is to get it in the mail on Monday. :) I want to have a good turn around- with toddlers amuck, it may just be wishful thinking. lol.

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    After making a couple of the squares (and I won't say who's), I'm finding I have leftover fabric. Does everyone want their scraps back? That could double the postage on the return envelopes. I don't mind sending if you want them, but don't want to if I don't have to. So far I'm finding the fat eighth is generous amount for the "focus" of the blocks, so ladies please don't agonize over a half inch here or there. Anyone else feel the same?

And Gigix12 -- it's your turn to be in the middle of that group hug. Please remember to take care of yourself as well as your son. You and your family will be in my prayers and thoughts.

Blog Entries
    I DON'T WANT MY SCRAPS BACK. I bought enough fabric to finish my quilt without them. Please enjoy the fabric as a gift from me to you. :-)

Mary Jane Carpenter

Sarasewing said she would like to have hers back. She's the only one that I know of so far.
    I'd be glad to send anyone's back if I know about them.

Gigix12, I'll be sending you and your son happy thoughts!!

---

I would like my scraps back please- as I didn't think to buy enough fabric for borders. I'm going to make random 6 inch blocks with the scraps for a border. Is anyone else making a pieced border? Can I use your scraps to make a mini block for anyone? Because I'm not proud, I'll beg for any 6 inch blocks anyone is willing to make me...so offering to do the same is the least I could do. Lol!! However, I know we're all busy so I don't expect anything. :)

Glad to see squishies rolling in! I received 4 today so I have a total of 6 now :-)
    I will go with majority and say post pictures when we receive our completed blocks :-)
    I also do not want my scraps back-no need :-)
    Lori as you are aware your son has to come first-we will be here and your family is in my thoughts and prayers :-)
    Hugs
    April
    Who has almost made light in her sewing room to actually make blocks.
    PS I agree with Nancy do not agonize over a scant fabric difference-we are quilters we will make it work :-)

got inundated with fabric today!! received 6 more!! can't wait to get started.

P.S. i don't want my scraps back--enjoy the excess and do something scrappy with all the different fabrics!!

Hello everyone,

Mailed all blocks out today.

When I got home, I got 4 envelopes: Anita Riddle, Misty Callahan, Sara Vincent & Mary Jane Carpenter. Great fabrics all!

I am selecting blocks and I will get started on these wonderful F8's. :)

Happy Quilting!

Ok I meant to say "I mailed all my F8's out today"! Sheeesh ;)

More thoughts and hugs out to everyone, especially gigix12 and granny 216. Family first :)

I received fabric from Donna Hanna today!

As for scraps, please feel free to keep mine. No need to send them back.

Blog Entries
    Please - do not send my scraps back.

Mona, are there any colors you would like to go with the pretty green you sent?

More squishies rolled in today! Yea! This is fun!

granny 216 and Gigix12 you both are in my prayers. Don't even think about anything but your DH and your son they are what come first! Hugs Kim

This swap is a lot of fun and the part that makes it the best if the friendship part :-)
    We are here to support you all going through hard times
    Hugs
    April

I got squishies today :thumbup:
    7 so far from
    barbsbus
    NorBanaquilts
    anitariddle
    kysmommy2
    oatw13
    purplemem
    SaraSewing

The fabric is so pretty, now to decide blocks to make!
    :D

Page 12 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 62 ... LastLast