Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 84 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Mary take care of your DH and YOURSELF first, my thoughts are with you.

Blog Entries
    Mary,
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care of yourself.

Take care our prayers are with you!

Quote Originally Posted by granny216
    Just a quick note here. DH took a bad turn today and it looks like a long night as I have to monitor his vitals every 3 hours. I have the envelopes with fabric in them ready to go but might not be to the post office for a few days.
    My thoughts are with you. Please focus on yourself and DH first. We aren't going anywhere.

On a side note, I received my fist fabric today from SaraSewing! Yay!

Somewhere near the water in beautiful Michigan
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraSewing
    First I ran out of envelopes. Then ran out of stamps. To top it all, I ran out of fabric, even tho I was sure there was plenty. I have added a couple other patterns that will blend in. So about 1/2 of mine are mailed out. I found a cute border that is very scrappy from quiltville, so I'd like the scraps back to make the border to tie it all together.
    Sara, Noted on my "chart" to return your scraps.

April, the chart is excellent. I had a devil of a time getting a computer that could print it out for me without too much difficulty, but I managed. This technology is a wonderful thing, if everything is the same "age"/"ability", don't you think?

Granny, take care of yourself and hubby for now. We'll all be here, praying for his return to good health. If it helps, you can hold off making my block for a while when you get my fabric. I can be patient. Really, I can. [the little dog in my head is running around, screaming, "throw the ball! throw thte ball! THROW THE BALL!!" .... DOWN puppy!]

Okay, trying to put the mental puppy away ... ) :oops:

Fabric is in the mail tomorrow, y'all! I'm excited! 8-

I mailed out a few today and the rest are ready to go tomorrow. the post office said my #10 evenlope would go for 64cents but I didn't want to make another trip there tomorrow so I just put two stamps on the rest

I got my 1st boomerang envelop today! Woohoot!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbS
    Mary.....my thoughts and prayers are with you....I'm sure everyone understands what takes priority here!!
    This says it all for me.

Quote Originally Posted by barbsbus
    Boy that was fast, I mailed the F8's yesterday about 3 pm. But we are pretty close, maybe we can get together for lunch and/or shop someday. I go up to Redding quite a lot to take DH to doctors and to meet one of his friends for lunch. Maybe one of those trips I can leave him with his buddy and hang with you.
    That could work out to be some fun... I don't make it out of Redding a whole lot lol, but who knows?

Just thought I'd let you know--My fabric was 43 inches, then taking off salvages and washing and ironing and no matter how I figured I only got 6 11 X 18 pieces. out of a yard. Did others have this same problem? Sleepless night so time to sit here for a few minutes.

Blog Entries
    I had the same problem, some pieces I sent are 10 x 18. I figure it is still enough to make a 12.5 in block. We work with what we have.

Blog Entries
    i had a heck of a time, 1 of my fabrics was only 40" before cutting off salvages....i had to locate extra to make f8's but i figured it's ok, gave me extra 'scraps' to set aside to use when my blocks come back to pull it all together :)

Hi everyone! I had made you all a cute little tag in which I was going to use with raffia to wrap around the bundle of fabric I am sending you.. My husband pointed out that some individuals may be allergic, so I didn't use the raffia. I thought I better explain why there is a tag floating in the envelope. I made them, so darn it, I was going to send them anyhow! lol!

Quote Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts
    I can be patient. Really, I can. [the little dog in my head is running around, screaming, "throw the ball! throw thte ball! THROW THE BALL!!" .... DOWN puppy!]
    -
    Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha! This made my morning, as I can completely relate.....

Blog Entries
    We are in a deep freeze here in Mississippi with SNOW on the ground, and I'm sitting in front of the glass door watching for the postman...I'm not impatient, really, I'm not! or excited either!
    My inner puppy is pretty jumpy, too!

I had some issues with fabric too but I know we all will make it work :-)
    Hugs
    April

Quote Originally Posted by purplemem
    We are in a deep freeze here in Mississippi with SNOW on the ground, and I'm sitting in front of the glass door watching for the postman...I'm not impatient, really, I'm not! or excited either!
    My inner puppy is pretty jumpy, too!
    LOL gotta love the inner puppy in us!
    Hugs
    April

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    Granny216 -- please don't worry about us, but know that we are all thinking of you. Close your eyes and imagine all of us in a group hug with you in the middle. Take care of yourself, as well as DH, and stay warm.

has anyone noticed at the bottom of the page the ad for
    Boomerangs for sale? LOL

Granny216: I hope all is well with hubby!

Blog Entries
    Granny216 my heart goes out to you. We are taking care of my father-in-law as much as we can. Thank goodness my mother-in-law is still able to take care of him too.

Oh the material problem. Yeppers! I found out how much I went through. I tried every which way to be frugil with the layout and measuring - there was only one piece that was a little different cut but it's going to work! But I keep thinking it's going to be ok!

Got over that one - then when I went to the PO and found out how much postage was going to be- oh my . . . gulp and gulp again! Ok now I'm over that one! Now will have to wait and see how much fabric I might need to make the blocks look nice! Baby steps all the way I'm almost ready to start running as soon as my post lady brings me my first package!

Mine are going out this morning! I can hear all those motors waiting at the starting line!

Blog Entries
    and I messed up with the shipping label. I made my info on a address label for everyone and sealed up about 2/3 of the envelopes. Then I realized that I forgot to put them in so not everyone got a label to reuse. Sorry! :cry:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by susiequilt
    has anyone noticed at the bottom of the page the ad for
    Boomerangs for sale? LOL

Granny216: I hope all is well with hubby!
    This happens alot and we always laugh. I think the system must pick up words used in the titles and use it to extend the advertising! Let's try something with wrinkles and see how many advertisments we get for wrinkle cures! LOL

I love it-these ads that is tooo funny!
    Hugs
    April

Blog Entries
    i managed to send out my first 18 f8's today...have to buy more envelopes :) so will get the rest out monday. and i received 2 today...wow, some of you are really fast! nice to be able to get right at creating blocks :)

Somewhere near the water in beautiful Michigan
    Got my first F8 today in the mail. Thank you SaraSewing! I love it! I had a great idea for it, but I don't know HOW IN THE WORLD I am going to make this fabric work with what I wanted to do! hahahaaaaa

5" of snow last night, with more to come. It was only 12* when I was going to work this a.m. Sounds like a GREAT WEEKEND to be sitting at the sewing machine, doesn't it???

Page 10 of 84 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 60 ... LastLast