Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
DEC. fat quarter swap:  BATIKS! and side swaps too! sign ups close Dec. 1st >

DEC. fat quarter swap: BATIKS! and side swaps too! sign ups close Dec. 1st

DEC. fat quarter swap: BATIKS! and side swaps too! sign ups close Dec. 1st

Old 11-23-2014, 08:24 AM

Default DEC. fat quarter swap: BATIKS! and side swaps too! sign ups close Dec. 1st

December Fat Quarter Swap! BATIKS! and side swaps too!

ok here it goes the swap rules and rules of the board: Sign ups close Dec. 1st, mailing information will be sent to you by Dec 2nd, you must mail by Dec. 10th PERIOD. no exceptions

This month we are sending our partners 5 FULL FAT QUARTERS of BATIKS. think purples, blues, greens, whites, you name it we want it! Sign up for ONE swap only or you can sign up for a side swap if you like also. We are sending ONE swap for batiks but you can sign up for more by sending me a side swap preference note. This can include batiks but is not exclusive to them so if you want to share something different let me know! So check your stash I bet you can play! and who doesn't want something pretty to play with?? not me! (lol like I am the queen of fat quarters). I will be picking ONE partner for each person who says they would like to swap based on your particular swap wishes. I will then put anyone who would like to swap together! I will post a list of side swaps available (who wants what and who can send what) and you are free to go to this list and write the person and ask them if they would like to swap with you. This way if you want five swaps well tada! you can have them. I just will run one because that is all the energy I have going for me. I will post on the 2nd (or sooner) the list of partners and the list of people willing to swap so you have to send ME a PM to get on that list prior to the 2nd please. I will remove your name from the list when your done swapping so you don't get too many emails just send me a note please.

now the basics: all sign ups must be done through me and possible postings must be done through me. if you haven't gone through me you cant make the list. please remember this. if I blow it and forget your name hit me up immediately and I will change it. I forget things crazy I know but true! so read the list carefully and make sure your on the list. Any complaints must be made directly to me and not posted on the board. This is a fun board and we want to keep it a fun board even when your irked to high heaven. That's the rules I am making them up as I go.

You must mail by Dec. 10th. NO exceptions. If you cant make that mail date then please don't sign up. its not fair to make people wait all month. If you forget to mail then you will be automatically not allowed to play next month. if you forget again? you will be left off of any further swaps. Please be ready to mail when the time comes and you will be happy in knowing you should be getting a package in the mail in just a few days. Its common courtesy so please be good!

ok.. let the swaps begin!
Old 11-23-2014, 08:00 PM

Oooh, oooh, I'm 1st!!! Woo-hoo!!!
Um, I act like I'm winning the lotto...lol..
I'm in
K
Old 11-23-2014, 08:47 PM

Wa ho, I'm second. I'm always second to you, Kandy. hahaha I don't have enough batiks that I'm willing to swap (they were sent to me by "special friends") and I can't bear to part with the few I have.
Having said that, I would be willing to do a side swap with someone for some plain reds or blues, if anyone is interested. I have some Christmas fabric that I would share or some other colors, whatever you would like.
Thank you. Ellie. PMing Brat as we speak.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:59 PM

I need to search and see if I have something I can swap. I've sworn off fabric purchases, so have to check to make sure I have some great ones that I'm willing to part with! I'll check back in........
Old 11-23-2014, 09:12 PM

Thank you, it doesn't even have to be those colors, I just want to swap. You always are such a good swapping partner! Ellie
Old 11-24-2014, 06:24 AM

Sent in my PM. Don't have a wide variety of batiks-but I have more than last time the batik swap was done-then I had none. So hope my partner is not too picky. I did make one of my ornaments for the ornament swap out of them and I thought it came out quite cute. I also am up for 1 side swap(or more) whether it be batiks, Christmas, novelty, whatever!
Old 11-24-2014, 08:13 AM

I'm in for batiks and will do side swaps too. Have some cut and ready to go if the colors are right.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:50 AM

Thanks for joining the fun again ladies and hoping to see more signups in short order! this is such a cool swap those who trade the batiks well the colors and styles are all so different and you have never seen them all.. ever which is darned cool. There is always the side swaps for other fabrics or more batiks if you like so don't back away now just because you think you might not have what someone wants. Someone is always looking for.. something lol so there is room for all swappers!

On a side note have you made any ornaments this year and want to share a pic with us? we are always game for that. Hoping to see side dish recipes also for the holidays.. everyone is always looking for one new idea for the holidays.. and I know for a fact you have the "one" we have been searching for. a tried and true recipe is always a nice addition.. hate going to a cookbook and testing one to find out yuck! this way we get a bonified (spell check)opinion out of the whole thing which is not bad at all.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:55 AM

ok be silent if you want to! hope to hear from sign ups really soon I know its Christmas but this is a swap for BATIKS! sign ups gladly taken only 6 more days til the swap is closed so send your sign up today! we had such bad winds last night it sounded like the trees were all going down. I was amazed how loud they were! and the pets got all nutty and bugged me all night long. argh! then I heard this scratching noise that was seriously loud even the dh got up with the gun looking for someone who was trying to break in. it was that loud. Think it must have been the wind but darned at 2 am it was loud. so today after clinic I will take a well deserved nap hoping its snowing by then so the winds can take a break (oh please!).
Old 11-25-2014, 06:29 AM

Ok I'm in my new house. My girls are unpacking it. I had committed to making two Eagle Scout quilts by the 27th. Needless to say I'm sewing. I had the front and backs and binding finished before the movers came last Friday. Just need to sandwich and quilt! I can do it... But I need something fun SOOOOOOO I'm in!!!

Last edited by SheriR; 11-25-2014 at 06:31 AM.