Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
DEC. fat quarter swap:  BATIKS! and side swaps too! sign ups close Dec. 1st >

DEC. fat quarter swap: BATIKS! and side swaps too! sign ups close Dec. 1st

DEC. fat quarter swap: BATIKS! and side swaps too! sign ups close Dec. 1st

Old 11-25-2014, 07:58 AM

And Sheri sent me the most beautiful batiks last month in the November fq theme.. I mean beautiful..the pics I posted showed them, and they're even more amazing in person!!
Sheri, knew you said you would probably be moving, hope you love your new place!

Tlambing,
I wish I had the willpower to swear off more fabric buying...But I actually just got in several new batiks that I'll be sharing in this swap...

Brat, I made lots of ornaments, and am making more.. I'm in the orny swap. But it's supposed to be a "don't open yet". Everyone was supposed to put no peeking, or something like that on the envelope to let the receiver know not to open.. But both of mine didn't say anything. I had to post and ask if that's what they are (I'm in a lot of swaps lately)
Because if it wasn't, I wanted to rip those bad boys open!!!

Lastly,
Brat, I hope you're feeling better, and NOT overdoing.. I mean it!! Santa's watching....
Kif
Old 11-25-2014, 09:52 AM

I'm in. I'll pm now. Who doesn't LOVE batiks!!!!!
Old 11-25-2014, 04:06 PM

I did the ornament swap but forgot to take pic of them uggh! Will be making some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle ones with my son though and probably more but have to wait until after Thanksgiving-then can post pic of those.
Old 11-27-2014, 05:29 AM

I think the swaps with no note saying.. don't open til.. are fair game. I hate waiting on a package! I forget about it then its like a surprise but darned not one I remember IN TIME lol. I need a written reminder. then I have to remember where I put it!

I wanted to take a minute to say thank you for the many cards and FAT QUARTERS I received in the mail. What a surprise and treat it was to get them. It means the world to me the kindness that is shown again and again. I apologize for note writing to each of you individually but I am so very tired. Please know it was so greatly appreciated. Love you guys!

NOW SIGN UP FOR THIS SWAP! who couldn't love just one more set of... batiks! or stripes! or dots! or roses! send me a pm with what you want to swap and I will either pair you up with a partner if its batiks or post your swap for you and you will for sure hear from someone who happens to need the same thing. Its a win win thing!
Old 11-28-2014, 11:13 AM

Happy Belated Thanksgiving or as some say MERRY CHRISTMAS EARLY! My daughter in law bless her heart has to work today in retail. I think what an absolute nightmare! no way no how. I can say went to the post office and two people in line ahead of me. WOW that was an early gift. getting out in the wind was however not such a fun gift. knock you over strong even grown men hanging on to signs at the post office to not be taken out it was that strong. No shopping today just a wonderful nap in store for me. thank teriyaki game hens in brown paper bags (rubbed with oil) for a friend who has not eaten the game birds before. how do you hit 50 and not eat a game hen at least once in your life? wowsa. lol. easy to make and he will like them. single and all. and he brought me the birds so least I can do is make them for a single guy thinking its my early gift. Left overs here and then going to make turkey and cranberry relish raviolis. served with hot browned butter with sage its the bomb. . and another use for left overs which I am all about. you can make them with won ton wrappers and seal the same way, freeze on a tray, bag 6 or so per little baggy in the freezer and you have meals for another day. I can do about 3 so my sister says 6 is the right serving. geeze! too much! Giada made it on foodnetwork and its been a hitsince

NOW have you signed up yet? still a few days left so get your sign ups today! send a PM and you are IN! its that easy. one little envelope and you get a treat that is a fun thing not a requirement which holidays seem to get sometimes. Something for YOU!
Old 11-29-2014, 05:17 AM

Wow people are either on holiday or perhaps have not been on the board due to busy lifestyles! I hope to get a few more sign ups for the Batik fat quarter swap and the side swap of other items! I know we are a bit busy at this time of year but its simple truly it is! you go into your sewing room, pull fat quarters 5 of them of batiks or other fabrics of your own choosing and you put them in a little envelope and wait for your partners names to mail them off! then when your so busy with other life stuff due to the upcoming holiday you will pleasantly surprised to find a treat in the mail just for YOU! see its easy! tada! lol ok please sign up so I can start dividing the names up with partners! This is a single swap for one set of items. You can choose to add more to what you want by letting me know what you have that you think others might be interested. I know for a fact that these swaps are always picked by others. so sign up today!!!
Old 11-29-2014, 09:53 PM

Ok here's a teaser. My fat quarters will be matching this one. It has some if the prettiest colors!!!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 11-30-2014, 07:50 AM

oh Sheri that is gorgeous. I was gifted a strawberry fat quarter last year in batik that I love so much I am not using it lol. I think that would follow suit. Its happy fabric. love it!

Moving by the way sucks. No easy thing, not unless someone could come pack me and unpack me. Then its just arranging a bit. In theory that is. I dread another move but maybe to Denver come May if I get that far. It is close to my transplant clinic and also the main hospital so we could still live on the outskirts but be close to the hospital the only downside I see is the hospital is closer to the mountains. the ones loaded with more snow. that kind of trouble. ugh. hoping however that is has more even temperatures, you know spring and fall.. novelty. then winter is not 6 months long. But first you gotta get there and we will see if that pans out or not. I am over tired from going for surgery packing and unpacking a house is beyond me right now. besides its winter. cant move in the winter. so we wait.

I am going to host a Valentines mug rug swap too for those that are interested.. not until the 1st of Jan so its a quicker turn around than most. if you have some valentines fabric, want to join, and want to sign up feel free to make one now to save for mailing its a fun swap, small easy and well we can all do small and easy. not to small you cant see but small enough you can whip it out pretty quickly. Takes me 2 days now but it gets done. phew! so consider it ok? gracious!

SIGN UP Now for the SWAP this month for fat quarters : theme the batiks! and sides anything you choose. Also send me a PM to sign up do NOT sign up here. read the rules again to make sure you can follow them and PM me today!
Old 11-30-2014, 08:28 PM

Oh, my sweet SheriR, you are definitely the teaser!!! How pretty!!
Will write in the next few days. Have missed hearing from you. Ellie
Old 11-30-2014, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by sewellie View Post
Oh, my sweet SheriR, you are definitely the teaser!!! How pretty!!
Will write in the next few days. Have missed hearing from you. Ellie
Oh, I'm trying to organize again after our move. My North Dakota daughter arrived today with my three gbabies!!!! Sooooooo happy. . They'll be here until after Christmas. If only I can get my fax machine working I'll be fantastic!!do you wanna do a side swap MissEllie??? My batiks for your ummmmm .....whatcha got?