Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
DEC. fat quarter swap:  BATIKS! and side swaps too! sign ups close Dec. 1st >

DEC. fat quarter swap: BATIKS! and side swaps too! sign ups close Dec. 1st

DEC. fat quarter swap: BATIKS! and side swaps too! sign ups close Dec. 1st

Old 12-01-2014, 06:20 AM

ok sign ups close at mid morning so this is your last chance to PM me and GET YOUR NAME ON THE LIST! its a short list and we are almost ready to get our partners! its a fun colorful swap so I hope you reconsider and join the gang in the fat quarter extravaganza! and Sheri young lady you cant swap with people til they are posted! lol.. she must be happy in her new house and have it all set up! I wish someone could do that for me! I am considering moving to Denver in May if my health holds out that long and it will be so amazingly tiring. I love this little house we are in now. Its a 2 bdroom with a stunning view out the front window down the hill into the valley. we are surrounded by huge Christmas trees (grin) and a nice large lawn that is way bigger than the house. I love this part of the whole thing but getting to the hospital is a 2 hour drive in nice weather. shorter if your driving above the speed limit but its harder in lousy weather. So living closer to the hospital and the clinic would be really nice. Also there is a better selection of experts there for kidneys so all in all its a smart move. Another cold winter move. ugh. wish it was in CA in a nice town with nice weather rear round. But you cant have the best of both worlds. Love the small town atmosphere it is cozy and people are good. You feel safe. That is a novel concept for me. Well back a bit later today with the listing so be patient I have to find out if I get a clinic time first.
Old 12-01-2014, 05:37 PM

ok here it is, drum roll please! (ok no drums I am tired) I apologize for the delay today I am done in for the day. We had a limited amount of swappers so please note that your free to ask each other if you like if anyone here is interested in another swap. Christmas is just overwhelming everyone I think so its understandable. and the list is..

DEC FAT QUARTER SWAP PARTNERS:

Jaba and Bullock2us

Kiffie2413 and Nancyw

SheriR and Tlambing

Sewellie and Brat

SIDE SWAPS!

Jaba - side swap of batiks

SheriR - two side swaps batiks (possible others not sure)

Bullock 1 side swap other/batik combo talk with her see what she has!

Hope that helps let the swapping begin!
Old 12-01-2014, 06:14 PM

Bullock2us, just sent you a PM. Guess we are partner's again, are you getting sick of my fabric yet?
Old 12-01-2014, 06:39 PM

Messaged my partner.
I didn't sign up for side swaps, but I have several extra batiks, new ones, too... So if anyone is interested, or missed sign ups, let me know and I'll be happy to swap with a couple more people, too...
Regards,
Kif
PS Thanks Brat...and I just pray you live/move where you can have the best medical care, get healthy, and be happy... now go rest!!

Last edited by kiffie2413; 12-01-2014 at 06:42 PM.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:08 PM

Contact made with my partner! Packages to be sent tomorrow!! Soooo excited. And yes, I'll have extra. Let me know who wants a side swap.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
Contact made with my partner! Packages to be sent tomorrow!! Soooo excited. And yes, I'll have extra. Let me know who wants a side swap.
Me, me, me!!!!
I'll post a teaser in a bit...
Kif
Old 12-02-2014, 08:23 AM

teasers? we get teasers? I was so fortunate someone sent me a get well card with a beautiful batik in it! actually I received two envelopes like that how lucky is that? I also got some other varieties of fun fabrics and some blenders it was like Christmas in an envelope! yippee! yahooooo!

I woke to this gorgeous morning view. its sunny clear blue skys, snowy lawn tipped trees.. and a view down into the valley below.. sunshine hitting the snowy fields and the contrast with the shade still painting the lawn and trees made it so "blue" up here and yellow down there.. like a quilt of colors. dork I know but I love stuff like that. now all I need are a few deer to decorate the lawn like yesterday and it will be a picture perfect moment.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:19 PM

Yep, teasers... I'm learning to be a "brat" too!! Lol... ok, I'm already a brat, been one for a looooong time, I just am more silent about it, so I go by Kif

Sheri posted a teaser, like she needed to post a teaser to get swappers...Come on, we ALL want to swap with SheriR, she's got fabulous fqs! Yikes, if this wasn't on QB, that last sentence could be way misinterpreted...lol

Anywhose, here's my pic, first one is my "teaser" It's so pretty, my camera is just not picking up colors correctly. And the 1st one doesn't have any pinky rose. Picture looks like it does, but it doesn't.

The last 3 pics kinda run together, but there are 3 different fabrics, different colors of batiks I bought, of the Tonga Sugar Skulls fabric. I know they're not for everyone, but if you're my swap partner, tell me do you like them, or not?? I won't be offended, because the 1st time I saw them, I thought, eeewww.. But then a lady in my quilt group made a quilt with them, and it was very pretty..
[ATTACH=CONFIG]500949[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]500950[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]500951[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]500952[/ATTACH]
Kif
Attached Thumbnails img_20141202_151006.jpg   img_20141202_150822.jpg   img_20141202_150848.jpg   img_20141202_150925.jpg  

Last edited by kiffie2413; 12-02-2014 at 01:23 PM.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:54 PM

Oops,
Need to add I have plenty of batiks to swap without sending any of the Tonga Sugar Skulls ones. I just wanted to post pics of them to see if people like them...
Kif
Old 12-02-2014, 02:20 PM

I think they're fun kiffie!!