Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th >

ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

Old 10-13-2013, 06:53 PM

12x28 is the minimum size for a runner, but how big is too big? When does it stop being a runner and start being red carpet? I was experimenting with a prototype today and I fear I may have gone a little wild....
Old 10-13-2013, 07:08 PM

Hi Like,
When I make my runners, I usually make it the size of the pattern I am following..when I follow a pattern...lol. You can do a google search for quilted table runners, just see all the different sizes, then do an "average". Since the runner you're making is for moi, I would say you just make whatever you want, and I will love it! Matter of fact, shouldn't we all get a turn on the red carpet at some point in our lives??
Kif
Old 10-13-2013, 07:11 PM

Pretty sneak peek, QC...
Figured your potassium was followed closely, Brat..my Lupus involves my kidneys...joy, joy..so I hear ya.
K
Old 10-13-2013, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy View Post
Here's a sneak peak!
Oh my! Now I'm a little intimidated very pretty sneak peak.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:44 AM

Family all gone and now to play catch up. Fantastic time but gets a little hectic with 12 extra people. Lots of laundry today for sure and maybe start planning my partners winter runner.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:14 AM

Very pretty sneak peek!
Now to head to my sewing room and see what speaks to me for my partner. . .
Old 10-14-2013, 05:46 AM

Oh quiltingkrazy! love it!!! I am making a winter runner for likethedog and a Christmas runner for Nursebonnie. I now have to play with fabric. how horrible is that! I have one box that is just Christmas fabric. hard to chose how horrible is that...

ok now to answer how big is too big.. guess if its a bed runner size its too big! some like them very big so ask your partner how big do they need? I just don't want people to make mug rugs and say tada did it! and also 6 feet is pretty long if you ask me but there were a pair this summer who swapped picnic table length runners and it was ok with them so.. ASK. better to ask then cut .. last quick one I made I stupidly started on a pattern I have that is 42 inches long.. only to discover my table I was making it for was only 36 inches long and it needed to be much smaller.. and I had cut already. Live and learn. I felt like I was making a doll table runner when I was finished. it was missing two outer strips!

It is blustery and a bit of snow flurries this morning. just cold I think .. 24 and WINDY..such a lovely day to stay inside. Yesterday I got stuck on math. I had to call Tlambing to help me do some numbers. Boy how embarrassing when your working with ADDITION and SUBTRACTION to not be able to grasp the whole figure. I had one row 18.5 plus 4.5 each side minus seams, plus 6.5 each side minus seams and for the life of me.. duh.. dunno. I know laugh at me go ahead. I even went to college. YIKES.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:58 AM

You left out the part that I was of absolutely no help Brat! Did enjoy the conversation and the sound of your voice though.
I actually feel human today. I spent the entire week last week sick. Finally gave in and went to urgent care on Saturday. Now with 2 full days of antibiotics and sinus spray, I don't have a headache! Yea. All my plans of quilting for my 3 days off down the drain, but I guess I needed the rest. Hoping for a better week!

Happy Monday all.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:51 PM

I'm trying to post a photo of my practice runner, but it has failed several times. I'll try again later.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:11 PM

that is frustrating likethedog. Hey did kiffie tell you what size she wants yet? maybe huge is good!! never know

tlambing, sinus stuff no fun at all. that facial pain is the worst .. getting better is so worth not sewing for a few days. hey did the package arrive? I tried checking the tracking number online and it wont let me! says go to my local post office. WHAT??? finished the next round robin block so will try to mail that off to you tomorrow also! yippee for you! lucky lucky girl.

I am almost ready to start my two runners! waiting for nursebonnie to post to me what size but hoping she comes on board and chats. I get scared when people don't post. I will tell all of you right now DO NOT SEND unless you have spoken to your partner and they are sending to. Lots of time for this so please listen to me. It is less painful.

Deenato has sent me a gorgeous paper pieced runner made in batiks.. and a cookbook from her fire department volunteer group that raises cash for lots of things for the volunteer department. I absolutely love it, like a Jr league book? recipes you and I create out of real food for real people. I had gotten rid of all but two of my cookbooks that I had collected over the years. One was San Francisco Al a Carte and the other is a Jr. League cookbook from Littlerock ARkansas and that one I collected over 30 yrs ago. Some of the same recipes in hers and in that one. LOVE IT! so thank you and if you have a picture can you post it for me Deenato as I truly would love to share a picture of it..

what a lucky lady I am .. you guys are so good with me, I am so proud of what you all do each and every month. the surprises are oh so great!