Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
FUNKY Chicken Block Swap - Mail Date April 1, 2010 >

FUNKY Chicken Block Swap - Mail Date April 1, 2010

FUNKY Chicken Block Swap - Mail Date April 1, 2010

Old 02-02-2010, 06:53 PM

Tuesy! Love that funky chicken!!! Sandpat I have finished one set, you can put me down for 2 more sets!! This so much fun! love the new machine too, I may never hand applique again! I think the pig block swap would be great fun count me in!
Old 02-02-2010, 08:37 PM

Tuesy, that one is so purdy! Sure hope one comes to live in my henhouse.

I'd be up to organize a Fish swap . . . or maybe Tea themed?

I've been thinking about how to finish my chicken quilt. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but I have in mind to to a border of quotes . . . "Which came first the chicken or the egg?", "Why did the chicken cross the road?", "Don't count your chickens before they hatch.", etc. Oh how I wish I had an embroidery machine. That's a lot of little applique, but I think it would be fun in the end. Add to the quirkiness. ;)
Old 02-03-2010, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by MadeinMaine
Originally Posted by Mountainquilter
Please count me in for this swap.

Time to let the hair down and really go funky.
Glad you are joining us. Beware! Most of the quilters here are as Funky as the chickens!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You obviously don't know me well yet. I'm definitely way out of the box most of the time. Just ask my son.

Life is too short and I'm going to have as much fun as possible.

Headed to the studio to look for some fab for this project.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:19 AM
Power Poster

Oh gee....BRT...you bought a book??? Does it happen to have sheep???? :lol: :lol: Just kidding...(sending smackers & hugs your way)

Mad..if you would like to host a swap, feel free to do so! I'll be happy to do it, but you are most welcome to run the fun show if you'd like. I wouldn't be starting the next multi-size block funky swap until this one is over. (At least the sign up date is passed)

sew cornie...I think we are still in the brainstorm stages...so either of those sound like fun too! And I love your quote idea...I'm going to put one on mine..."The Rooster rules the roost, but the hen rules the rooster" LOL!

Karen, I'll put you down..girl, they are fun aren't they?? :lol:

Glad you hear your box is a little warped too Mountain!
Old 02-03-2010, 07:02 AM

Why don't both of you do a swap!! What about cows or horses, maybe birds. I was thinking of doing a strip with houses or maybe a farm around my chickens. Is it possible to combine cross stitch with quilting? Hmmm

i am going to make a floorquilt to go with all these wonderful chickens to complete the kitchen.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:30 AM
Power Poster

Yes Karen, it is great to combine crossstitch with quilting. One of the prettiest quilts I've ever seen was done that way. You'll have to show us a pic of your kitchen when its done. Mine is chickens too. Of course, our farm does surround our kitchen.... :lol: :lol:
Old 02-03-2010, 04:46 PM

Will be glad to do pictures if it ever gets finished...hubby is truck driver...might never get done with the remodeling!
Old 02-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Power Poster

Awww, you'll get done sometime :D We need to either do some serious remodeling or just tear down and start over...we've been 8 yrs. deciding which..guess what...we still don't know :roll:
Old 02-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Awww, you'll get done sometime :D We need to either do some serious remodeling or just tear down and start over...we've been 8 yrs. deciding which..guess what...we still don't know :roll:
We've been remodeling our house for almost 20 years, since hubs took the little screen out of the washing machine. He was tired of cleaning out the dirt......and one of those little rocks made its way aaaaallllllll the way to the sensor that tells the washer WHEN TO STOP FILLING. ....>That led to hard wood floor, and a monster home-re-doer was born. If we had torn down and started over, it would have DEFINITELY been cheaper but not as much fun.

As for the continuing swaps, it seems that the group is split between more farm and sweets. Interesting combination. I would lean more toward the TEA theme or cupcakes or both.
"Afternoon tea" has kind of a nice ring to it, don't you think?
Old 02-03-2010, 07:34 PM

Im torn, as I love the idea of tea time! I just stumped upon some really cute tea pot patterns... yesh. I need another swap like a hole in the head.... and I really really need to stop making chickens and make sheep!! I think the chickens are more fun! lol! I have some more chicken fabric, so expect more blocks. I'm thinking pinwheels, and some other fun pieced blocks to break up the applique a bit in the over all finished quilt. I love what everyone has come up with so far, i'm trying to think of blocks that will supplement and support your great designs. (I am working on a complicated rooster, no worries, i have to get my funk in somewhere!)

I made us flying geese- would everyone prefer their flying geese- a set of ten "geese" in a strip, or individually, pinned together for you to use as you wish? I was planning on putting them together to make a tall skinny block, but then started thinking of how people may use them. They turned out great, if I don't mind saying so myself, lol!! I tried the 3D technique, which is so fun to do!

Have a fun night everyone, a crabby baby and sleepy toddler beckons- it is cuddle/story time with Mommah!