Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
FUNKY Chicken Block Swap - Mail Date April 1, 2010 >

FUNKY Chicken Block Swap - Mail Date April 1, 2010

FUNKY Chicken Block Swap - Mail Date April 1, 2010

Old 02-03-2010, 09:00 PM

*tapping my foot* I still don't know what sizes my other 2 blocks will be.. My pattern didn't come today and I'm getting impatient!! I have the fabric, just no pattern!.. I'm thinking I'm going to have to stalk the mailman till I get my pattern!

As far as the next swap... what about kitchen things.. which would go along with the tea/teapot theme? you could make dishes, sinks, pots and pans, etc. Just a whole quilt of what you'd find in a kitchen?? OR I like the cake/cupcake idea too.. course I have the perfect pattern in mind for it too :lol: :lol:

I love how ya'll are talking about putting your chickens together.. I'm thinking homespun..with muslin here and there for wording ... maybe... or not... still undecided on that part.. but I know I'm doing the different colors of homespun..
Old 02-03-2010, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by blueribbontoes
Im torn, as I love the idea of tea time! I just stumped upon some really cute tea pot patterns... yesh. I need another swap like a hole in the head.... and I really really need to stop making chickens and make sheep!! I think the chickens are more fun! lol! I have some more chicken fabric, so expect more blocks. I'm thinking pinwheels, and some other fun pieced blocks to break up the applique a bit in the over all finished quilt. I love what everyone has come up with so far, i'm trying to think of blocks that will supplement and support your great designs. (I am working on a complicated rooster, no worries, i have to get my funk in somewhere!)

I made us flying geese- would everyone prefer their flying geese- a set of ten "geese" in a strip, or individually, pinned together for you to use as you wish? I was planning on putting them together to make a tall skinny block, but then started thinking of how people may use them. They turned out great, if I don't mind saying so myself, lol!! I tried the 3D technique, which is so fun to do!

Have a fun night everyone, a crabby baby and sleepy toddler beckons- it is cuddle/story time with Mommah!

I can't wait to see what you've come up with!! On the FG, you can do them how you prefer.. as I don't have a preference myself..
Hope the lil ones get to sleep soon so Momma can have some "me" time too!
Old 02-04-2010, 12:05 AM

blueribbontoes, I think however you'd like to do the geese is fine with me. I just hope I'm lucky enough to get some. :0)
Old 02-04-2010, 01:20 AM

3 6 9 12 finished size + the 1/4 in seams right ?
Old 02-04-2010, 01:22 AM

I didn't see your post an I just sent the same question, it should be the 3 or ? + the seam allowance is how it usually goes
Old 02-04-2010, 01:40 AM

love the chicken
Old 02-04-2010, 02:17 AM

boy only on the 4th page and do not know when this first started but 22 pages, bigges thread I have read here... this is looking good and no that was no a yes as yet...
I have SewExpo coming 25th, to the 28th of Feb. Got to sew a jacket yet for it and I will be there all 4 days... I have till Mar 15 to get in?
Old 02-04-2010, 04:47 AM

very nice I love the bright colors on the BNW
I am in Tacoma, hi washington quilter
Old 02-04-2010, 04:52 AM

Black or a dark brown or dark varigated would also be nice
Awsome center to the colection everyone will be getting
Old 02-04-2010, 04:57 AM

Depends on what size applique you are doing. I also use two threads sometimes to make it show more and I use wider sts then. Just cut a strip a sample of the same weight fabs and test for the look tha looks right. Lengthen abd shorten the distance between the bites and also the length of the bite... you will figure it out then when it is where you like it do keep that sample and write on it what the settings are. You will not have to fiddle with it the next time... :) :-) :D :-D :lol: