Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July 2013 Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30 4pm CST >

July 2013 Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30 4pm CST

July 2013 Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30 4pm CST

Old 07-19-2013, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by sewdamncute View Post
Well tracking says my pkg was delivered to my SP on Wednesday. I'm glad but I had a great hint, so I'll give it anyway.
Have you heard about the Honey BooBoo scratch and sniff episode? Well relax, I'm not gonna ask you to smell any thing!
I'm gonna SING! And you will (thankfully) not really hear it! Ready??

clearing throat....

nodding to pianist...

****I remember the night and the Tennessee Waltz***

bowing...and running off the stage!
Which is why I thought you might have me... The MISSOURI WALTZ! Which became famous when Truman was president and played it at the White House...
Old 07-19-2013, 04:42 PM

In other news, my International package shows as having taken two days to get to Chicago from STL, and then there are no more entries - so it is somewhere between Chicago and and somewhere on the other side of the Atlantic.

Also, My dad had his tests today. The endoscopy showed the tumor is gone. The stomach lining is still a little thick, and there are a few small possible spots in the intestine, so they will still do radiation. But I am so, so relieved!
Old 07-19-2013, 05:24 PM

Here are my pictures of the swap I received from Sibi! Thanks again, Sibi! She also let me know that she had ordered the book I wanted. She sent me the cutest kitty mug rug in my colors, bright swirly fabric, kitty bag clips, raisinets, orange slices, a 4" square, nail clippers, a little red bag and green apple jolly rancher lip gloss! And finally, a WHOLE YARD OF HARRY POTTER FABRIC!! THANK YOU!! I will have to plot what to do with it...

Old 07-19-2013, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingdragon View Post
Which is why I thought you might have me... The MISSOURI WALTZ! Which became famous when Truman was president and played it at the White House...
Now see, this board is very educational...I thought the first hint was a dead give away, I never knew Missouri had a waltz!
Old 07-19-2013, 06:57 PM

wanted to post the picture of the goodies that I received yesterday from Maps...told all about them early this morning and now here is the picture to go with it..thanks again Maps!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]424810[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails p1010713-640x480-.jpg  
Old 07-19-2013, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by sewdamncute View Post
Now see, this board is very educational...I thought the first hint was a dead give away, I never knew Missouri had a waltz!
It is our state song, and has really annoying lyrics. The music is ALMOST as bad as the star spangled banner, according to President Truman.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:56 PM

Ann Glad you liked all your goodies. Hope you like your aurifil thread as much as I do.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:51 PM
Power Poster

Brenda love the pretty fabrics going across the center,no smarties huh???? Sorry.hugs mary
Old 07-20-2013, 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingdragon View Post
In other news, my International package shows as having taken two days to get to Chicago from STL, and then there are no more entries - so it is somewhere between Chicago and and somewhere on the other side of the Atlantic.
Wonder no more - it's in safe hands - mine!

This is my parcel from quiltingdragon. Isn't it wonderful? Not only are there beautiful cuts of fabric and FQs, there's also a Hanky Panky charm pack. I asked for this fabric to go with a panel I already had, but had no fabric for - in fact I've never seen the fabric in this country. You'll also see some squares - Becky gave me a couple of sets of these to make 'I-Spy' quilts for my Grandsons - how thoughtful!

There's also a couple of book for them too. My youngest is fixated on me reading Thomas the Tank to him(think you call him 'Train', lol), so I'm hoping to sway him with the new stories. There's only so much repetition Grandma can take before her eyes start to cross!

I mentioned in my Swap info that I like to be organised (OCD? Me?) so the magazine is great! There's also a spool of my new favourite Aurifil thread too. Such a wonderful generous and thoughtful parcel. I am sooooo lucky - thank you!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]424821[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0830.jpg  
Old 07-20-2013, 07:01 AM

Now its my turn to tell you about the great package from jclinganrey that I received yesterday. Oodles of fabric pieces of my color group, charm pack, pretty notepad, emery boards, pattern & templates for a Drunkards Path wall quilt. I'm always looking for patterns that fit my fireplace wall. This is a rainbow pattern, so I can adjust it if I need to. She also sent little lace pieces, threads & buttons for my crazy quilting collection. Finished it off with some good flavored teas.
Thank you sooooooooo much.