Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2013-quilt-quilters-swap-closed-t208927.html)

jillaine 06-16-2013 05:58 AM

WOW WOW WOW. This year's swap quilts are OVER THE TOP. These are wonderful, ladies.

Okay, I'm in the process of catching up. Clearly, y'all are mailing your finished quilts. Go for it *if* you are both done and ship more or less at the same time.

If one of you, in a pair, is NOT finished and the other is, please finished quilter, do NOT ship the quilt until you hear from your partner that she's ready to ship as well.

I'm going through the list and trying to keep up with y'all.

For those of us not finished yet, the deadline is July 1st. So... do what you gotta do, and if you can't make that date, a) let your partner know, b) let me know (and with an estimated time you'll be shipping).

Okay, back to my spreadsheet...

oh yes: hand quilting is divine!

Elisabrat 06-16-2013 06:15 AM

Quiltermomma your quilt you received was simply beautiful in a very good way.. the quilt looks like one you want to just curl up on the couch with!

Oh yes and the one you sent to your partner (sorry missed who that was) has a wonderful old fashioned color palate and design. I see way too much cutting in that one! both of you are very fortunate. So cool getting a quilt made for you isn't it?

emc1118 06-16-2013 06:29 AM

Beautiful quilts being shown!!
Partner and I were going to mail tomorrow, but I will be unable to get to the post office until Tuesday. Sorry Mary Beth!!

jillaine 06-16-2013 06:52 AM

Status - Two weeks out!

Okay, got through a month's worth of private messages. Thank you for those who sent me confirmation numbers when you mailed your quilt. According to my records (from PMs, not from this board), the following people have shipped their quilts; if your name isn't on this first list and you have shipped your quilt, please PM me the shipping #.

1. Elisabrat to TwinRivers Farm
2. Jclinganrey to vanogay
3. Quiltermomma to linny
4. Vanogay to jclinganrey --> jclinganrey did you receive it?

The following people last communicated (via PM) to me that they were ready to ship:
5. emc1118 for marytoddliz
6. nclauri for nexxus831
7. roseirish48 for Yosamitesa
8. TwinRiverFarm for Elisabrat
9. zzmom for LovingIzabella

The following people last communicated (via PM) that they were near done-- just finishing up either quilting or binding:
10. buddy'smom for shortmom5 (as of 5/7 just needing binding)
11. didi for boop56 (as of 5/3 quilting in progress then binding then done)
12. jillaine for oldcatlady (quilting done, just have to put binding on)
13. kgoodhand for quiltermomof3 (5/7)
14. Lynny for QuilterMomma (5/7)
15. LovingIsabella for zzmom (5/7 all but binding)
16. marytoddliz for emc118
17. oldcatlady for jillaine
18. shortmom5 for buddy'smom
19. Yosamitesa for roseirish48

The following people are in the home stretch:
20. IrelandDragonQuilting for mindless (4/18 - 75%)
21. Leakus for nursebonnie (5/15 - 75%)
22. mindless for IrelandDragonQuilting (5/7 - 75%)
23. nursebonnie for leakus (5/15 - 75%)

The following people I'm worried about-- either because they're not far enough along or they've dropped out of communication with me (or their dog ate the quilt); do you know anything more?

24. Boop56 for didi (50% as of 5/7)
25. lovngrandma for Tam...Moo (25% as of 4/5)
26. lexxus831 for nclauri (40% as of 4/18)
27. quiltermomof3 for kgoodhand
28. Tam...Moo for lovngrandma (50% as of 5/27)

jillaine 06-16-2013 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by oldcatlady (Post 6106116)
I'm still here! I just don't post much. I'm hoping to get the top done this weekend and sandwiched and start the quilting. I'm going to need the entire time since I hand quilt. Worse case scenario is I might need the first week of July. I have fridays off so will have a long 4 day weekend but I'm hoping I won't need it.

Jillaine, how do you feel about handquilting? I hope you don't mind.

Penny, we're going out of town June 26 through July 10, so you've got an extra 10 days!

jillaine 06-16-2013 07:05 AM

If you haven't already, please post photos of completed quilts to the group; that way they're all grouped together in one place:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/groups/...-swap-g25.html

Thanks!

Tam...Moo 06-16-2013 08:51 AM

My top for lovngrandma is heading to the quilter in the morning!

oldcatlady 06-16-2013 11:33 AM

Quilt for Jillaine

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Jillaine,

I wanted to give you a sneek peek of your quilt! I did put in a little brown to tie in with your LR but it is just an accent. I hope you don't mind.

I'm calling it 'California Dreamin' :)

jillaine 06-16-2013 11:53 AM

Penny, it looks lovely, and I LOVE the name! ;-)

marytoddliz 06-17-2013 07:13 AM

Jillaine, I am ready to mail, sending update PM... We are both going to mail on Tuesday. do you want a sneak peek? OK let me go find my camera!

Today is a busy busy busy day! Just got back from a week off with Granddaughter , now going to take the weekend off again to do a Swap Meet~ Oh boy Junk and Treasures, nothing better than sifting through it all!