Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-quilts-quilters-swap-signup-has-closed-t236825.html)

Yosamitesa 05-16-2014 06:56 AM

Well...I've heard from most of you! I sent messages to the few I have not heard from. I really need to hear from those that haven't check in the last few months. REALLY need to know you are still with us!

Elisabrat 05-17-2014 02:35 PM

hiding but here :) just over done from moving and company. it was a long two weeks here .. overdid it and trying to get back in the groove. washed the fabric again no more bleeding :) so ready for quilting now to ask Jan if she wants me to stitch the backing together or give it to her and she can cut as she pleases. think its two yards across ok not really but should give lots of room for quilting and maybe just maybe some binding! yippee! then I will send it on so another month Tam Moo this move has really taken more out of me than I thought. upside its done :) still a couple no hurry pics to hang up and I am happy. Had someone come out and check out trimming the heaters today. the landlord said great he doesn't want to so all is happy here :) he also offered to pay for paint any color if I want which I do but oh lord that will be some work yet. maybe next month!

applique 05-17-2014 04:04 PM

Finally got back to my machine after a busy time at work and the biannual guild show. I did too much. I need to remember this so next time I say no I stick with it and don't back down. The show was Friday and Saturday and I did get an assistant trained just in time at work. By Saturday afternoon, I knew I was in trouble and Monday I had to call my sister for help. I had round two of the flu! It was a doozy and the flu shot did not help this time. I plan to share pictures and the fact that I DID finish the raffle quilt and get the tickets printed but have to move slowly for the time.

roseirish48 05-19-2014 04:34 PM

2 blocks, 3 corners left to quilt and on to the binding. if the rain keeps up,i could be done be end of week

Annaquilts 05-21-2014 08:11 AM

Take it easy and take care of yourself first. It is fine with me if we run a little late as long as it is OK with the swap host. June is a super good month for me to do the quilting.

Originally Posted by applique (Post 6720699)
Finally got back to my machine after a busy time at work and the biannual guild show. I did too much. I need to remember this so next time I say no I stick with it and don't back down. The show was Friday and Saturday and I did get an assistant trained just in time at work. By Saturday afternoon, I knew I was in trouble and Monday I had to call my sister for help. I had round two of the flu! It was a doozy and the flu shot did not help this time. I plan to share pictures and the fact that I DID finish the raffle quilt and get the tickets printed but have to move slowly for the time.

Rodney 05-21-2014 09:37 AM

Elisabrat Moving is hard work, I hope you've been able to take a break and catch your breath and Applique I hope you're finally on the mend for real this time.
Good thing about it, cold and flu season is pretty much over with this year.
Rodney

Yosamitesa 05-23-2014 06:55 AM

Checking in!!! Please keep working on your quilts. It's a long weekend...great time to get some sewing done. :)

PLEASE communicate with your partner and with me!!!

mumukate 05-24-2014 04:05 AM

Hey, all! Hope everyone has a GREAT holiday weekend - stay safe!

I'm still in a sling (dang it) and can't sew!!! I didn't count on it taking this long to mend!!! I have NO pain and feel like this stupid sling is just an accessory. I gotsta hurry and get outta this thing! Grrrrr!

ube quilting 05-24-2014 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by applique (Post 6564121)
Wow what great progress everyone is making! I'm taking a little break. Had a high school student show up looking for a credit card holder. He lost his and hoped we might have one. Unfortunately we didn't but I suggested he come back and make one. Dug out camo fabric, pattern from internet etc..He did show up and even though he didn't know how to sew, run a sewing machine or even iron, he did it! Went home with his card holder and a big smile! While he was working I got to play with pieces for a new quilt called chicken pox. The fish were so much fun I just had to try the chickens!

Hi everybody in this swap. I am not part of it this time but maybe in the future. As I was looking through all the great work happening here I saw the fish and recognized them, I think. Applique, did you show some of them off in Rhondas Wall Hanging Swap a while ago? What fun they were then and even more now. These fish really make me smile and then to see the Chicken Pox!:D WOW, how much fun a flock of these would be. Just wanted to let you know.
peace

sewmany 05-24-2014 12:15 PM

Working on my partner's quilt. 3 day weekend