Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April Secret Pal Swap ends 3-29 4:00 pm CST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-secret-pal-swap-ends-3-29-4-00-pm-cst-t217359.html)

verna2197 04-25-2013 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Grandma Peg (Post 6026464)
Verna, I'm waiting with you. Wow some of the packages are not coming through very good.

Oh I am doing the happy dance I am not lonely anymore Grandma Peg is with me!

Ashjoy 04-26-2013 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by brenda21 (Post 6026131)
well apparently my person received their package and it looked worse than Nancy's packaging...only two items arrived to her in a plastic bag from the post office....I'm NOT happy!! SO SORRY AGAIN nancyw :mad::hunf:

Did you send it priority? If so I would make a claim.

Ashjoy 04-26-2013 04:32 AM

My package has been received and I received so am moving on to next months thread. Will check back to see final packages:).

It was nice chatting with you.

Krystyna 04-26-2013 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by fayzer (Post 6025175)
I love seeing pictures of everyone's swap gifts. I wish all swappers posted photos.

Ditto! I had three months in a row with no pix! :thumbdown:

verna2197 04-26-2013 05:03 AM

Sometimes if I can remember I try to put everything into a Walmart plastic bag, tape that up and put an address onto that bag before I put it into a Priority envelope. After working at the Post Office for almost 20 years I have seen what the machines can do to mail. The best thing anyone can do when mailing is address everything that is possible, just in case what ever kind of package you are mailing bust open it will still get to the receiver of the package. I remember my mom got a letter from the PO after it went missing for several years. They found it in one of the machines all tore up but they could still read the address. You could go to the PO and talk to them but unless you purchased insurance on the package filing a claim will do you no good.

Nancy in Louisiana 04-26-2013 06:50 AM

[QUOTE=verna2197;6027016]Sometimes if I can remember I try to put everything into a Walmart plastic bag, tape that up and put an address onto that bag before I put it into a Priority envelope.

----------------------------------------------

That's a good idea. Also would protect contents from water damage when the pkg is left out in the rain on top of the mailbx.

sweetwaterquilter 04-26-2013 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by reeskylr (Post 6021202)
Love that Lanyard, where can we get one, Gail?

I think I got the lanyard from an online site, maybe Keepsake Quilting or Gadget Girls.

starshine 04-26-2013 01:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok so here is the pic of my wonderful package from tedytrser. She put in some great fabrics for baby quilts/I spyquilts and a wonderful fleece that has cupcakes and monkeys. -I know Krystyna will be a little jealous, some magazines and a crazy quilt book, a sticker sheet for a scrapbook page for "baby" and a pack of templates for garden theme, a family frame that I'll be putting the newest addition with her parents picture in, and a large hot chocolate pack and since the weather keeps trying to hold onto early spring temps it be gone very soon. Thank you tedytrser for such a great package.

Ashjoy 04-26-2013 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 6027004)
Ditto! I had three months in a row with no pix! :thumbdown:

Pics really do make it more fun, and so does chatting.

lauriejo 04-26-2013 04:53 PM

I love to see the pics, and try to remember to take one before I ship my squishy out. That way if the recipient doesn't (or can't) post a pic, I can do it myself.