Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Autumn Harvest - September Doll Quilt Swap Sign Up Closes August 31st Noon EST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/autumn-harvest-september-doll-quilt-swap-sign-up-closes-august-31st-noon-est-t198337.html)

mscupid804 08-25-2012 12:50 PM

PAULA, why are your eyes closed in BOTH pics???

Lynnie25 08-25-2012 02:29 PM

Teresa, THANK YOU for the pics, I love putting faces to names and you both taking a lovely photo. I just love your stained glass quilt, what a beauty.

I am so glad you had a lovely day, even in the rain. To make you feel better, it rained all day here too :) It is so nice to meet up and spend the day with other quilters from QB, that is why I so enjoyed meeting ursgodschild2 in April in Melbourne. Now who is coming to Australia next to meet me?????

rwquilts 08-25-2012 02:43 PM

MsCupid and Dragonfly Nana, I love the pics of you girls! How fun to put faces with names. I'm glad Lynnie asked for that...thanks Lynnie! I also LOVE the stainglass quilt! What a beauty!!!

mscupid804 08-25-2012 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lynnie25 (Post 5467533)
Teresa, THANK YOU for the pics, I love putting faces to names and you both taking a lovely photo. I just love your stained glass quilt, what a beauty.

I am so glad you had a lovely day, even in the rain. To make you feel better, it rained all day here too :) It is so nice to meet up and spend the day with other quilters from QB, that is why I so enjoyed meeting ursgodschild2 in April in Melbourne. Now who is coming to Australia next to meet me?????

Lyn, if I come to Australia to meet you, you'd better let me stay with you!:D
:thumbup:

skaduzy 08-25-2012 03:11 PM

Teresa,
Your quilt is beautiful.:thumbup: Love the colors. They are so bright and cheerful that you can almost see the sun shining through.
And it's so nice that you could meet with Paula. Looks like the two of you had a great time.

mscupid804 08-25-2012 03:50 PM

Thank you Sue!:)

Dragonfly Nana 08-25-2012 05:27 PM

Ladies - let me tell you - the picture does not do Teresa's quilt justice- the colors are so vibrant and the piecing is exemplary! What also doesn't show is the fabulous FMQ done in the teal blue and since the back is muslin it shows beautifully there too.

We had a terrific time today - no matter the darn rain - and yes it looks like my hazel eyes were closed both times! Oops LOL

Lynnie25 08-26-2012 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 (Post 5467556)
Lyn, if I come to Australia to meet you, you'd better let me stay with you!:D
:thumbup:

For sure - I would have to move over 50 quilts off the bed first though but that can be done :) So when are you arriving?????

Elisabrat 08-26-2012 01:38 AM

Rain is just another form of beauty all in all. And love that quilt. Stunning colors and what lucky ladies to share shopping for FABRIC together.. swoon a more perfect day hard to find.

I think Marytoddliz has lost her marbles. so many things to HARVEST.. last I checked you were harvesting goobers. Now your thinking harvests.. rofl

now I was going pastel fall right? just like in real life. oh wait, that is disney. OH goody I can use real colors and UNLIKE last month even patterned fabrics.. yipppeeeee. oh oh I have some gold beads too that would make a nice eye catcher sheen when hung on the wall.. um just like the fall leaves outside. Oh crud. NO LEAVES outside. I live in the woods. Its all brown pine needles if its anything. Not too inspiring. WAIT poison oak! that has lovely colors who wants a poison oak DQ? tada what a great idea. think I spot some right now should go pick some so I can be inspired up close. Then it would be a gift that just keeps on giving.. darned poured some bleach on it yesterday. bet its brown now. bummer what a good idea that was too.

mscupid804 08-26-2012 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Lynnie25 (Post 5468316)
For sure - I would have to move over 50 quilts off the bed first though but that can be done :) So when are you arriving?????

Keep the quilts on the bed, it'll probably be cold when I get there!