Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 5.0-NORTH Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-5-0-north-group-t120542.html)

Ok Darla 05-03-2011 03:26 PM

Oh the poor mailman! I'll have to be sure to leave him a coffee card once these start to come in.

PokerDiva 05-03-2011 05:01 PM

In the mail tomorrow(WED) are f8's for:

brenda5
carsey
janecat
KathyN
Navarre2011
NurseBonnie
OkDarla
paintmejudy
pattis47
Qbee
quiltin'gran
Roseysue
selfhunter

Hooray it is started!!

kreinhart742 05-03-2011 05:26 PM

This is my first exchange excited about it will try to decide on fabric tonight, start cutting and get most in the mail by Monday at the latest.

moonrise 05-03-2011 05:59 PM

I should be able to get all of mine mailed in the morning. Bought stamps at the post office today. Whew! I need to figure out a way to print and sell four little sheets of stickers for $51! I'd be rich! he he ;) :lol:

Janetlmt 05-03-2011 06:04 PM

To any members of the North group, I have starched my 8ths. Please PM me if you have allergies. I will wash the ones that I send out to you. Thank you so much.
Peace and blessings,

Havplenty 05-03-2011 09:23 PM

to anyone sending F8's or return blocks to me, please DO NOT add any chemicals, starches, sprays, scents, fabric softeners, etc. to anything you will be mailing to me.

in addition to my having asthma and a multitude of allergic sensitivities, my skin is also sensitive to additives. with everything pollenating right now (gotta love springtime), my immune system is in hyperdrive working overtime. i do not want to add to its burdens.

paintmejudy 05-03-2011 10:45 PM

I sent my blocks out today, for all of Boom 5 North.

To HavPlenty, and all the others in this swap, there are no sprays or fabric softeners in my blocks. Washed with Tide liquid.

Can't wait to have some squishies arrive in the mail. The mailpeople all over this country must wonder what in the heck they are delivering!

selfhunter 05-04-2011 04:01 AM

DH is taking all of my blocks to post office today for Boom 5 North. This is my first one and I can't wait to get started

Ms Grace 05-04-2011 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
to anyone sending F8's or return blocks to me, please DO NOT add any chemicals, starches, sprays, scents, fabric softeners, etc. to anything you will be mailing to me.

in addition to my having asthma and a multitude of allergic sensitivities, my skin is also sensitive to additives. with everything pollenating right now (gotta love springtime), my immune system is in hyperdrive working overtime. i do not want to add to its burdens.

I'm glad you told us. I don't want to make anyone sick.
I had sprayed Magic Sizing on my fabric before cutting.

I WILL hand wash your piece before mailing it to you.
I'm afraid if I put it back through the washer & dryer, it would be a little smaller than the 11 x 18.

AngieS 05-04-2011 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty

Mine was washed in Tide liquid and then air dried. I won't add anything to the fabric when I am pressing other than steam. I do hope your allergies get better. That is terrible.

Hugs,
Angie