Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 7.0-WIND Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-7-0-wind-group-t182722.html)

sharon b 03-22-2012 06:26 PM

I have recieved from :DiFergie, dotcomdtcm, jem,ljdugas31, linnaete,maebe42,maggiebb,marytoddiz,oma7,Phannie1 ,Quilt Mom, sapdoggie,scrapper,tumrub and Wendsy

Only missing : calquilter and Ok Darla

Now to get busy sewing :)

Quilt Mom 03-22-2012 07:20 PM

Got back from the post office a little bit ago. There were f8 from:
jem
linnaete
maebe42
oma7
Phannie1
Sharon B
tumrub
Wendsy

So I have received all but two of the f8. I wish I could start right away on your blocks. However, I will be leaving tomorrow to visit with my parents - both have birthdays this month. Next week I should be able to get blocks made and out. I hope everyone has a good weekend! :)

calquilter 03-22-2012 08:43 PM

I'm so confused! I received a F8 from Linda D aka LJDugas 31, but her name is not on my spreadsheet. I double checked twice, did I miss something? If so, I will need to send you a F8. I have received all my 8s except from Mary C and Sharon B.

Phannie1 03-23-2012 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by calquilter (Post 5083549)
I'm so confused! I received a F8 from Linda D aka LJDugas 31, but her name is not on my spreadsheet. I double checked twice, did I miss something? If so, I will need to send you a F8. I have received all my 8s except from Mary C and Sharon B.

Linda was the extra name added after the lists came out. She was the 17 name so we would have 16 blocks. If you did not send her a F8, you may need to do that. April PM her address to us.

Have a good day.

Phannie

calquilter 03-23-2012 07:00 AM

Thanks Phannie! I have her address from her return address label, so I will send her a F8.

Lori

dotcomdtcm 03-23-2012 08:30 AM

Ethical Question Fellow Quilters:
I usually toss my envelopes w 2 stamps in the mailbox but today I went to the post office.
I had to mail to Canada & do the Customs forms.
Then I handed 6 envelopes with blocks inside to the postal clerk.
She asked me if I was mailing anything dangerous. I said, "just fabric."
She then charged me $1.95 for each because fabric makes it a "package", not a "letter".
I checked with the postmaster & he said those are the rules.
I usually follow the rules, but all my other blocks had 2 stamps & I mailed them that way.
So are we cheating the USPS?

sharon b 03-23-2012 08:52 AM

Mine didn't even ask what was inside - so I don't feel bad not adding extra postage and didn't have to fill out a customs form for Canada either... hhhmmm

MaggieBB 03-23-2012 10:04 AM

when I took my f8's to the post office the clerk dodn't ask any questions, just checked the weight and sold me the forever stamps. when I took my blocks to a different post office the clerk asked me what was in the envelopes, I told him fabric he said it would be .65 each. I used legal white envelpes and folded the blocks a little smaller than the envelope.

marytoddliz 03-23-2012 01:00 PM

I have been mailing fabric for a long time and the PO knows it is fabric and they don't charge me a package rate! If you live close enough to a different post office go there. If not just keep putting them in the bin. I think a slip of fabric is not a package. Send me a letter with it, if it make you feel better.. I did get a F8 wrapped in paper before it was put in plastic wrap and I had a hard time telling that it was a squishy. Can't remember who sent it off hand but I think I might send my fabric out that way next time.

dotcomdtcm 03-23-2012 01:21 PM

I just packed 5 blocks & I'm putting them in the mail bin with 2 stamps each. I have not received any fabric with $1.95 postage! Lesson learned!