Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

MadeinMaine 10-31-2010 05:21 PM

Hurray! Another new participant:
Short an Sweet
Theme: orange, lemon yellow, and green (sherbert colors).

She needs a partner for November. I know there are many participants who are willing to do extra swaps - the first one who sends me a PM will be her partner. Thanks!

EDIT: SHE NOW HAS A NOVEMBER PARTNER. THANK YOU!

And, WELCOME, Short an Sweet!
shirley

jetnica 10-31-2010 05:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by jetnica
My October AND November blocks will be going out in the mail tomorrow! Thanks for being patient with me Quilting Nonie =)

Here's the turtle block Quilting Nonie sent me - I got it in the mail yesterday.

SUPER CUTE!! I just love her

MadeinMaine 10-31-2010 06:24 PM

My October AND November blocks will be going out in the mail tomorrow! Thanks for being patient with me Quilting Nonie =)

Here's the turtle block Quilting Nonie sent me - I got it in the mail yesterday.

SUPER CUTE!! I just love her

That IS one cute turtle~ love the batiks Quilting Nonie used - she is adorable!

Corry 11-01-2010 08:46 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hello Ladies....I am sending in photos of my September and October blocks I have recieved. Sorry so late getting the photos. My daughter had my camera and I finally got it back. My theme is Christmas and my first block is from my September partner Dforsee. what a beautiful little Christmas angel!! Thank you, Diane!! I just love her, she is beautiful. You do beautiful work. My October blocks were sent to me by Katie Anne. They are really pretty!! Thank you, Katie!! This is beautiful christmas fabric. You also do awesome work. Thank you so much ladies.

Quilt Mom 11-01-2010 08:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I received these two beautiful friendship star blocks from Tam...Moo. What wonderful additions for my star quilt! Thanks so much for swapping with me!

cjr 11-01-2010 09:41 AM

Received Oct swap block from dogsgod. A beautiful red white & blue batik star with all the Washington DC monuments. LOVE IT LOVE IT. DH is surprized every month with amazing blocks rec. from the very talented quilters on this board.

PS to Kathy, sorry yours is so late, this has been a month of major can not wait projects.

Quilter4HireAndFun 11-01-2010 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by wilhelmina
My surprise in the mail today! Lovely blocks from Jan/Quilter4HireandFun, plus two gifts!! :D :D Thank you Jan, I love these blocks, the one that looks like a setting sun, that portion is hand sewn :thumbup: both are perfect!!!

The one with the rising sun was an idea I had, from a head scarf my son (7 yrs. old) was given when we had a Japanese exchange student many years ago.

The second block is a "Frog" I designed to honor my Grandmother (age 104 when she died). She taught me many things about sewing...and how to sew of course...but she taught me how to hand-make "Frog" closures on Mandarin collar clothing. This was thought to be a "fine" sewing skill, according to her. Thus, you received the "Mandarin Frog Block."
Glad you liked it.

moosegirl 11-01-2010 10:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my block from MadeinMaine and I love it. Moosegirl

dragonflies
[ATTACH=CONFIG]117345[/ATTACH]

kwiltkrazy 11-01-2010 10:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Block from quiltmom(woven star)

All the blocks received yesterday and today are spectacular.

sew cornie 11-01-2010 12:40 PM

I got my October blocks today from Wilhelmina. Thank you! They're wonderful!! I'll have to do photos tomorrow.