Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MUG RUG SWAP....Sign ups closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/mug-rug-swap-sign-ups-closed-t207882.html)

DustysMomma 01-31-2013 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by dabbler312 (Post 5826862)
This is my first mug rug swap - and this is the first mug rug I have ever made; I hope my partner likes my simple design - I tried incorporating some of their favorite colors. Hopefully it will arrive by Saturday.

Oh Dabbler! It's so pretty! Where'd you find the yellow and green marble fabric? I've been looking all over for that! I've been collecting marble fabrics for our bed quilt eventually. So far I have blue, purple, orange, pink, and a dark gray. I need yellow and green and one other color, and then I can start!

buddy'smom 01-31-2013 04:36 AM

It's very pretty, mine is my first as well and simple. I hope my partner likes it as well. All we can do is our best.

This is my first mug rug swap - and this is the first mug rug I have ever made; I hope my partner likes my simple design - I tried incorporating some of their favorite colors. Hopefully it will arrive by Saturday.

Elisabrat 01-31-2013 06:08 AM

Love the stained glass colors! I think Moda Marbles tons of selections in colors and also connecting threads has marbles pretty reasonably about 40 colors.

I hope to see lots more pictures. with so many being sent all over surely there are photos coming in. Maybe today is my lucky mug rug day.

Shoveling snow is never a picnic. Blowing it I guess could be fun. in theory. when someone else is doing it. We are extremely behind in our snow but its falling on the higher slopes so its fine with me and keeping the water content what it should be. 100 percent right now. I will take that. I wonder are we going to miss it this year or is it going to come in a flurry of snow dumps at the wrong time. It feels to warm to be winter. almost 45 to 50 in the day. way wrong. I will take however.

Momma_K 01-31-2013 06:31 AM

I'm a straggler! Final day and sending today! I made a 2nd MR last night, was up until 2 this morning finishing it. I had to rip stitches twice, once I had the entire things sewn but had it all wrong so had to rrrrip! I felt as if I wasn't doing her right by not sending her favorite colors the first time so, she gets a pretty garden with butterflies and her fave colors! I'll post the picture on the Pictoral Page with all the others. (Give you a hint of the favorite colors!!) AND it's going far east in the US where I bet she could use a little floral pickmeup!

Momma_K 01-31-2013 07:18 AM

I just wanted to say that if whoever has my name is late getting mine out, thats just fine. One never knows what goes on in ones life to prolong the things we love doing. But I would gratefully take any of the ones I've seen, they are ALL just awesome!!!

dabbler312 01-31-2013 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by DustysMomma (Post 5827013)
Oh Dabbler! It's so pretty! Where'd you find the yellow and green marble fabric? I've been looking all over for that! I've been collecting marble fabrics for our bed quilt eventually. So far I have blue, purple, orange, pink, and a dark gray. I need yellow and green and one other color, and then I can start!

Thank you - I found the fabrics at JoAnn's; it's in their precut/fat quarter bundles near the quilting notions/books and patterns in our store. I also have a very similar collection that I picked up as part of a shop hop premium - it was the carrot on the end of the stick - visit all the shops, have your passport stamped at each one and you get this beautiful bundle at your final stop. I also went back to one of the shops and picked up half dozen more half yard cuts and then made them into fat quarters as one of my swap partners was looking for brights.

Momma_K 01-31-2013 07:22 AM

Beautiful coloring. They remind me of the colors I use to wear back in the 80's...Ooohh so long ago! But I love them, I called them Royal colors. Beautiful first attempt!

SewExtremeSeams 01-31-2013 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Nelco (Post 5825422)
Okay-- here is the site where you can post your photos of your Mug Rugs. Lets keep it just to pic and we can make comments here on this site. :)

http://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/mug-rugs-t212468.html

Thanks Nelda.

rwquilts 01-31-2013 10:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My secret partner QuiltyLouise has already posted that she's received my mug rugs, so I thought I would post a couple of pictures of what I sent her. Her favorite colors are purple and yellow.

JuanitaBean 01-31-2013 11:04 AM

Ronda love your mq those are my colores