Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MUG RUG SWAP....Sign ups closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/mug-rug-swap-sign-ups-closed-t207882.html)

annthreecats 02-03-2013 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by LoupEsprit (Post 5835146)
So glad you like them, Pam! I was so nervous! LOL.

Here's a bigger pic of the peacock; the applique was fun to do, now that I figured out the 'right' way to do the elmer's glue method! I just wish I had done the binding differently. :(

[ATTACH=CONFIG]392840[/ATTACH]

That peacock is super cute. What a clever idea. Nice job on that, Loupesprit.

I'm waiting patiently for my mug rug. Don't know if my partner received her rugs, I mailed it on 1-24-13 and it was flying across the ocean, so maybe she will get it next week.

Pat625 02-03-2013 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 5835643)
i'm confused. why do you need glue when you have the fusible?

Perhaps used fusible interfacing...I use the heat bond, so I attach by ironing on

Cheesehead 02-03-2013 02:06 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I thought I would post the mug rugs and treats I sent my swap partner. She received it last Monday but I haven't heard from her to date. In her profile she notes that she likes gardening and batiks. When I took the picture, I had planned on sending the bag of chocolates but it didn't fit into the envelope so I substituted a caramel filled chocolate bar.[ATTACH=CONFIG]392924[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]392926[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]392930[/ATTACH]

JuanitaBean 02-03-2013 02:38 PM

I recived my MR from mooretLL Love it. Debbie could you post picture please? If not I will try later in the week to do it. I still have to have help posting pictures. I all so got some candy and very nice Box for FQ. My MR is more like a placemat will get us a lot. Thanks Debbie

SewExtremeSeams 02-03-2013 02:47 PM

GLUE BASTING... I do it all the time. I started out with using washable Elmer's school glue to tack down my bindings. Now I use it to baste my front pieces to the batting, then, the backing to the batting. I love it. You use small dots of glue. I just kinda drag it and lightly squeeze, dribbling the glue. Up on the right side at the top of this page type in 'washable Elmer's school glue basting' and a bunch of threads will pop up dealing with the use of the glue for temporary basting. I use it now instead of 505. Lots cheaper!

Before sewing you just run over it with a warm iron to 'dry' the glue. It is nice for repositioning before you iron.

Oh, then when you wash your quilt, mug rug, doll quilt, etc. the glue disappears.

Donna H-M 02-03-2013 03:45 PM

Cheesehead, very clever flowers with the name. I have only seen snowflakes done. Love them!!

lynnie 02-03-2013 07:07 PM

Lovs the peacock. Cant wait for the next one. Love all these vreat ideas.

Elisabrat 02-03-2013 07:48 PM

why if your using fusible applique does one need glue? I use fusible for my applique steam a seam and no glue is needed. Ialso like fusible batting its not much more cost wise at all for all cotton with fusible repositioning and no troubles ever with it moving nothing.. glue just not sure. I read about it here all the time surely there is a youtube video on how to do it? seems everything is on youtube lol. In fact isnt there a blurb right here in the tutorial section?

lovely peacock and snowman that was cute too. I think its wonderful all the work being done. tomorrow I know tomorrow something will be waiting for me in the mailbox. Maybe even TWO somethings! could be my lucky day. tomorrow in theory I get to have the port removed but this is my fourth appointment. surely she wouldnt think of cancelling on me again? right??

stillvnu 02-04-2013 07:52 AM

Swap buddy ... my mug rug package has finally arrived in your city and should be delivered today!

CAS49OR 02-04-2013 08:12 AM

This is a really nice package you sent Cheesehead! I love the pretty embroidery, and think it's neat you noted the Mug Rug Swap and year on the back. Including a charm pack was generous.

Originally Posted by Cheesehead (Post 5835820)
I thought I would post the mug rugs and treats I sent my swap partner. She received it last Monday but I haven't heard from her to date. In her profile she notes that she likes gardening and batiks. When I took the picture, I had planned on sending the bag of chocolates but it didn't fit into the envelope so I substituted a caramel filled chocolate bar.[ATTACH=CONFIG]392924[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]392926[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]392930[/ATTACH]