Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilting Board's First Scrap Club (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilting-boards-first-scrap-club-t207686.html)

carrot 03-25-2013 10:34 AM

It came !!!

1 Attachment(s)
finally !!! ljptexas mailed this last tuesday:rolleyes: Is'nt this just the cutest little sewing machine wall hanging you have ever seen !!! Thank you ljptexas, my husband is out in the garage right now cutting a dowel for me to hang it. We have the spot all picked out!

Vanogay 03-25-2013 01:11 PM

What a cute wall hanger. I did some of those napkins, but was really afraid to use them - figured I'd forget how to fold them again! LOL. Anyway, Rhonda, sign me up for next month, please. I was late last month, but got in before the cows came home this time! ALso, I, too am allergic to smoke and perfumes.

SandyinZ4 03-25-2013 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Vanogay (Post 5953854)
.... I did some of those napkins, but was really afraid to use them - figured I'd forget how to fold them again!...

Van, I felt like you did so I sewed lines on where they needed to be folded. That way it helped the fabric (2 layers) not shift, too. Just a hint.

abdconsultant 03-27-2013 04:47 AM

sign me up for another swap Rhonda.

owlvamp 03-27-2013 04:48 AM

Yes it's really cute!

Rhonda 03-27-2013 06:40 AM

2nd Gifties and Goodies Swap!!!!

Okay besides Lynnie who is ready to sign up for a gifties and goodies swap again!! :) :thumbup:

Partners Assigned April 7 - you can swap addresses with your partner
Mail on April 8 or as soon after as you can
Please let me know if you can send international or not
Or if anyone has allergies!

Your gifty or goody can be anything scrap related.
Quilt Block /needle case/ bookmark/small purse or bag/mugrug/mini quilt/pincushion/
or any small item you can come up with that is scrap quilty.
Any skill level is welcome!! We all enjoy those little surprises in the mail!

Either post on the thread or send me a pm to sign up.

we're up to 7 so far!! anyone else wanna play??

1. Lynnie
2. carrot
3. Foxflower
4. cjr
5. Annaquilts
6. Vanogay
7. abdconsultant

Everose 03-27-2013 08:49 AM

Gifties Exchange

Finally got a picture of all the things Anna sent me. (Except the chocolates - couldn't get a clear picture of my thighs, because I know they are sitting there)

Love the chicken pin cushion and pattern. She sent me the "Crazy Eights" pattern. I'm so anxious to make it. I know I have 8 fat quarters downstairs that would love to be apart of this. Going to keep the notebook close to my computer, because I'm always finding things on the quilting sites that I want to remember.

Take care everyone and have a blessed Easter.
Di

(lost the picture somewhere - how can this happen. Just took it.)

lynnie 03-28-2013 11:22 AM

Ive been making a bunch of gifties, and am stumped as to what to send. Im trying to branch out a bit, coz sometimes, finding boxes is a real pain. For another swap, i bought a tupperware type od container to put it in. Where do all of you get your boxes from?
you know, little ones that are sturdy. Im at the point ill cut soda bottlez to fit to my pincushions.
So any help is greatly appriciated. Thanks.

Foxflower 03-28-2013 01:25 PM

I just reuse boxes or get the flat rate ones from the PO. They have several sizes and are free. If you don't want to pay the flat rate, wrap the box in a in-side-out paper grocery sack.

lynnie 03-28-2013 03:18 PM

Sometimes, my p.c. come a bit fragile.i bought a tupperware to put it in. I think i need to go to some yd. Sales to buy cheap used tupperware for shipping. Thanks.