Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilting Board's First Scrap Club (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilting-boards-first-scrap-club-t207686.html)

GrandmK 01-13-2013 08:57 PM

I am not sure when I will find time to sew all I seem to have time to do is check out all the wonderful ideas and try to save them where I can find them!!! LOL When my computer crashes I will have time but no directions!!!
Love this thread

SandyinZ4 01-14-2013 08:03 AM

Love seeing all the new picture additons. Goldendog55- your scrappies are wonderful. I especially like your first one of your own pattern.
Just as a note..if your camera takes high resolution pics and they won't load onto this site, just go to this website www.resize2mail.com. It is a quirky little one that I use. I just kept the top selection (portrait) button selected. Then you browse on your computer to find your picture. After you click on the one you want, go to the bottom of the little screen and click ok. Then give it a little bit to upload your picture and resize it. Another page will come up with your picture. The directions on how to save it are rather small in print but just hover your cursor over the part that is not gray and right click and ave as or whatever your computer says. You will have to rename your picture as they save it with a bunch of long numbers. Sounds more complicated than it is and once you get the hang of it, you will find it easy. Then when you want to add a picture here, be sure and choose the smaller version. Uploads here really quickly and looks great, too.

goldendog55 01-14-2013 08:48 AM

I have PaintShopPro, so it is easy for me to re-size.

pbadder 01-15-2013 08:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]388367[/ATTACH]Here is a picture of greatgrandson Kody receiving his Elmo quilt. Will post one more picture of him and quilt.

pbadder 01-15-2013 08:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Kody checking out photos added to quilt. [ATTACH=CONFIG]388368[/ATTACH]

Elisabrat 01-15-2013 09:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here I am already looking for easter things to make when I came across this little goody and thought who better to appreciate these darling SCRAP bowl/baskets for easter than with you. IT was made with a blown up balloon and decoupaged together but it is fabric scraps. oh so pretty isnt it? I think I can make a couple fill them with some green easter grass the shiny kind and some foil eggs and what a nice table decor for well the cost of grass and eggs! ok one balloon too and some elmers but really really different. kids would love to help for sure. no kids but me :)[ATTACH=CONFIG]388370[/ATTACH]

klgreene 01-15-2013 09:17 PM

As Jenny on Missouri Quilts would say "how cute is that" And I'm talking about the quilt for Kody with the pictures, and also the little basket. Both are great ideas. Thanks

Rhonda 01-15-2013 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by pbadder (Post 5789449)
Kody checking out photos added to quilt. [ATTACH=CONFIG]388368[/ATTACH]

What a great quilt for your grandson! He seems to really love it too!

Rhonda 01-15-2013 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5789453)
Here I am already looking for easter things to make when I came across this little goody and thought who better to appreciate these darling SCRAP bowl/baskets for easter than with you. IT was made with a blown up balloon and decoupaged together but it is fabric scraps. oh so pretty isnt it? I think I can make a couple fill them with some green easter grass the shiny kind and some foil eggs and what a nice table decor for well the cost of grass and eggs! ok one balloon too and some elmers but really really different. kids would love to help for sure. no kids but me :)[ATTACH=CONFIG]388370[/ATTACH]

Great idea Linda! I've done the ones with yarn and they make pretty egg sculptures but hadn't seen it done with scraps. thanks for posting this!

jaba 01-15-2013 09:36 PM

I love those baskets, how cute "brat". These are perfect, would even be easy to add a little handle to them. I've got to get out some of my scraps now. Thanks for the idea.