Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilts-quilters-swap-open-til-15-dec-2011-a-t159331.html)

tealfalcon 10-18-2011 01:59 PM

Count me in will send info shortly

jillaine 10-18-2011 03:08 PM

This is very exciting. I spent some time this evening comparing who wants what with who wants to make what; so far so good. We do have almost two more months before the signup closes. This is very fun (for me, at least). :-)

charismah 10-18-2011 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by boohoofish
Very interested in this but a question - how is the quilt to be quilted? by hand, LAQ or domestic machine. Can it be a mixture of two types of quilting. Carol

I am pretty sure I will be LAQ mine.... :lol: ;)

The due date would have to be 2020 if I were to hand quilt something?? :roll:

jillaine 10-18-2011 06:54 PM

It's up to the maker of the quilt how they would like to quilt it. Just keep in mind that it has to be complete and sent to your swap partner by July 15, 2012.

IrelandDragonQuilting 10-18-2011 07:33 PM

Sent in my info and very excited for this swap!!! Never had a quilt made for me and this is going to be so much fun!

jillaine 10-19-2011 03:09 AM

Oooh! When tealfalcon submits her answers, we'll have TWENTY participants. (I have no idea what a typical size is for a swap...)

I want to encourage folks to get as specific as possible about what they want to receive and make. It's really okay to ask for what you WANT! (It also will help me match partners!)

jillaine 10-19-2011 04:21 AM

22 and growing (I hope!)... By the way, non-U.S. board members are welcome to sign up! We have one from Canada; another from Australia! I will connect people willing & able to deal with international shipping costs.

Terryl 10-19-2011 06:42 AM

I think I'd like to do this but my experience is limited, I am mostly a scrappy/ piecer in my quilting, I do have an embroidery machine so I could do an embroidered quilt if anyone wanted, I would also like to experience something other than what I would normally do for myself, but I REALLY dislike civil war/1930's repos and pastels. So have I disqualified myself from this swap?

catrancher 10-19-2011 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Terryl
I think I'd like to do this but my experience is limited, I am mostly a scrappy/ piecer in my quilting, I do have an embroidery machine so I could do an embroidered quilt if anyone wanted, I would also like to experience something other than what I would normally do for myself, but I REALLY dislike civil war/1930's repos and pastels. So have I disqualified myself from this swap?

Terryl, I would be thrilled to receive one of your quilts. Everybody starts somewhere.

jillaine 10-19-2011 07:35 AM

Terryl, it sounds to me like you've QUALIFIED yourself for this swap. We have participants with a range of experiences. Please do join.
The instructions are in the first message of this thread. (Page 1.)