Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilts-quilters-swap-open-til-15-dec-2011-a-t159331.html)

QuilterMomma 03-12-2012 03:23 PM

Oh so much easier. I will be doing some fun longarm quilting then. I learned a bit about drawing a design for the quilt before actually quilting. I usually just come up with an idea and go for it, now I will be doing some planning ahead of time on yours, and yes so much easier than applique.

lindy-2 03-12-2012 04:39 PM

what a pretty pastell quilt you did a good job. and the quilting realy compliments it.

Foxflower 03-12-2012 06:36 PM

Very pretty quilt JillnJo and quiltermomma! That quilt looks awesome on the couch! I really like wool batting too.

Rose L, I hope your partner shows up! It's really a bummer to be left with an unfilled swap.

jillnjo 03-13-2012 05:20 AM

We made it through last evening without any rain or high winds, thankfully! My daughter stopped in and saw my quilt, she thought it was really pretty! We both realized that I seldom ever use pastels and whites in my quilts! I am going to try my hand at it soon! I have recently felt in a rut, like everything I do has the same look-ever feel that way?

Rose, I am sorry for you, too! It is an empty feeling to be all prepared for a fun project, half done or more, and then know that you are left hanging.... have we seen any pictures of your quilt you are making? Would love to!

Keptwench 03-13-2012 05:56 AM

Is anyone besides me getting multiple copies of posts to the forum emailed to them? I got like 4 emails this AM, almost identical.

Annaquilts 03-13-2012 06:09 AM

Well the top, batting and back are ready. I need to figure out how to quilt it. Paying for a LQ is not an option for me. This part is where many of my projects become UFOs. Any encouragements or ideas. I feel pretty intimidated at this point.

Whigrose 03-13-2012 06:17 AM

Annaquilts,
Could you post a picture of your top and ask for input from the group? If your partner doesn't want to see it before he/she receives it, you could go over to the 'Group' discussion page, start a new thread titled 'Spoiler for XXXX" and ask folks for suggestions.

And, there is the fact we're just a nosey lot and want to see what you've created for your partner:)

best,
d

QUOTE=Annaquilts;5056213]Well the top, batting and back are ready. I need to figure out how to quilt it. Paying for a LQ is not an option for me. This part is where many of my projects become UFOs. Any encouragements or ideas. I feel pretty intimidated at this point.[/QUOTE]

Whigrose 03-13-2012 06:20 AM

Yes. This has been going on for a couple of weeks.

Then there is the pop up box that comes up when posting - something about navigating away from this page will cause...

And slow, sometimes I just close out the QB then open it back up. Annoying.

No idea what's going on but some folks on a couple of the other QB forums have made similar comments.

Best,
d

Originally Posted by Keptwench (Post 5056167)
Is anyone besides me getting multiple copies of posts to the forum emailed to them? I got like 4 emails this AM, almost identical.

Whigrose 03-13-2012 06:22 AM

jillnjo,
Good to hear last night was uneventful.

Oh - Got it! Thanks. (for you know what ;-)

best,
d

Originally Posted by jillnjo (Post 5056029)
We made it through last evening without any rain or high winds, ...

QuilterMomma 03-13-2012 07:24 AM

Good news Jillnjo. So glad all was ok.