Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #7 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2012-2013-group-7-a-t200778.html)

Annaquilts 11-23-2012 08:16 PM

Picture time!

5 Attachment(s)
There are a couple more applique pieces I need to sew down but then it goes in the mail.I can't wait to see what everyone will add.

Whigrose 11-24-2012 07:25 AM

Anna,
Your row is so cute! And, it avails itself to so many creative possibilities for each of us to add to it.

For sure, I am looking forward to working on your row.

Great work.

best,
d

QuilterMomma 11-26-2012 01:09 PM

I just love it Anna. So sorry I did not reply sooner, was out of town and no computer access. Hope everyone else is ready to be mailing this week. I'm not yet, but give me a couple of days will be ready. We mail at the end of this week everyone.

QuilterMomma 11-26-2012 01:22 PM

Another reminder, be sure to include any notes regarding your row robin swap. We all want to make something nice for each other and any notes is always helpful. Be sure you have the person you are sending to's address. Need anything, let me know so I can assist. Be sure to report that you received it as well so there are no worries here.

babeyruth 11-26-2012 06:24 PM

wow, I love the tree!

QuilterMomma 11-27-2012 12:27 PM

I want to do some blackwork embroidery on a couple of blocks with some star blocks as accents. Will that be ok with you ladies? I can send some of the designs along in the box if you want to do the same unless you have some african animal designs. With the thought in mind, was hoping to put out there star blocks in every row and either embroidery or applique in each as well. Not sure if that is ok or not. If not, let me know and I can adjust before I get to involved in what I am doing.

QuilterMomma 11-27-2012 01:39 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is what I am starting on. Tell me what you think please. I don't want to do all this work and it not be good. I am going to do backstitch because it goes nice and fast and I like the look. [ATTACH=CONFIG]378866[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]378867[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]378868[/ATTACH]I am liking the batik background better than the grassy one, but both look good. I have copied a bunch of designs of only African animals. Yep, had to put in a baboon, they are from Africa.

Annaquilts 11-27-2012 02:04 PM

I'll do my best. It looks hard but beautiful. Just let us know what you are looking for. I think I can do the brown and tan fabrics.

QuilterMomma 11-27-2012 02:12 PM

I know you do pretty applique, see it on yours. I am just coming up with ideas. My old sewing machine did a back stitch, was programmed in. Miss that machine. My Bernina does a running stitch that looks nice. Might try that to see how I like it. If you have not done any embroidery, then you don't have to do that, make all star blocks. It will work for me either way. I was just trying to add something more to it. I have seen your chickens Anna, you can draw something up I know you can. I am including the coloring pages I have blown up in case you need some ideas on animals. My feel for this quilt is on the powerful/authorative side of things. I want the stars to be along the same way. I found my "Voices of the Past" quilt book that has some stars in it that are named after great leaders. I know the Star of Virginia is one that holds great meaning in its name. Thinking a theme like this will carry her the rest of the way thru school. She is nearly finished and then will be getting a real job. (One can only hope)LOL.

If not this one for here, can do the crazy block here and put the african on the other.

QuilterMomma 11-27-2012 02:14 PM

By the way Anna, your floors look nice and clean. Love the wood.