Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2012-sign-ups-closed-help-me-10-27-2012-a-t200887.html)

BrendaK 09-21-2012 12:47 AM

Everyone makes this sound like so much fun. I have never done anything like this before so I am super excited. I didn't put anything on my want list as I am not sure what I want. I forgot to put I didn't want coal. We don't do coal at my place. Thanks for some of the hints. It sounds as if a lot of you have met in person. I have a few things ready to go. Some of the things I have are things that I have not used and they have been laying around here for a while. She said we could repurpose (spelled wrong sorry) Do I have to count those towards the $20.00? I can see how someone can get carried away. I love to give things and I sure like to get things (does that make me bad?). Even if I wasn't doing SS this year I would still read this thread as you all are so funny. Hope you all have a great day and happy shopping. BrendaK

mcdaniel023 09-21-2012 02:06 AM

Brendak, A few have met in person. But most of us met through previous secret Santa swaps
Tlrnhi' Dreamer doesn't need to look for trouble, she is trouble. LOL!!!

Happy Tails 09-21-2012 02:21 AM

You know people, when my kids were young, I used to tell them (starting in September) that Santa's Elves were on the roof and they reported back to Santa if they saw anything bad..,.so you best pay nice or the Elves will rat you out and maybe you WILL get that lump of coal, so behave!!! (pushing Dreamer out of the way and erasing her address and replacing it with mine) (smiing sweetly)

grann of 6 09-21-2012 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by chuckbere15 (Post 5529817)
I signed up, this should e fun.

Yay!!!! We got a guy! Oh what fun!!!! Now......how do you shop for a "man-quilter"?!?!?!?:p

grann of 6 09-21-2012 03:11 AM

For those of you who have not done it before...I think we are only limited by what we can afford to ship. Last year was my first so I had no clue. It was tons of fun. And this thread makes it even more so. This year I will choose a larger box to fit my goodies in. For years I have been an avid collector of doodads related to sewing. Since I no longer have space for them, and I only have one DGD who is interested in sewing, I am going to start gifting my collection to those who mean so much to me....you guys. I think of this not so much as re-purposing, as giving my gift of love. I have cherished these things and can't think of any better place for them, than with my special QB friends.

happynana 09-21-2012 04:13 AM

WOO HOO! remembered to sign up before the deadline this year :). Looking forward to participating.

annthreecats 09-21-2012 04:17 AM

Here's the link to last year's swap. I think the opening starts about page 88 (Dec.11th) or 89. Most posted pictures of their goodies. It was so fun.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...r-t153210.html

mjsylvstr 09-21-2012 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by chuckbere15 (Post 5529817)
I signed up, this should e fun.

What fun, I hadn't thought about a "Mr" Quilter..in case I get your name, there just might be a few extras I can think of sending......I am really looking forward to receiving my Secret Santee.

As we said in the Secret Angel of a few years ago......there was a secret angel & a secret angelee......
we will now have a santa & a santaee......... ( one giver and one receiver)

dreamer2009 09-21-2012 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023 (Post 5529856)
Brendak, A few have met in person. But most of us met through previous secret Santa swaps
Tlrnhi' Dreamer doesn't need to look for trouble, she is trouble. LOL!!!

TERRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
McD..............is trying to get me in trouble already !! <sticking tongue out >

dreamer2009 09-21-2012 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Happy Tails (Post 5529869)
You know people, when my kids were young, I used to tell them (starting in September) that Santa's Elves were on the roof and they reported back to Santa if they saw anything bad..,.so you best pay nice or the Elves will rat you out and maybe you WILL get that lump of coal, so behave!!! (pushing Dreamer out of the way and erasing her address and replacing it with mine) (smiing sweetly)

Ummmm TERRIIII
maybe this person wants to join me in Naughty Corner !!
<
:psmiling angelically >