Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-june-2013-quilting-board-46th-doll-quilt-swap-red-white-blue-t222124.html)

buslady 06-24-2013 12:32 PM

Boy, was I behind. So much fun reading, and I still got a bunch of work done. LOL That's my story. Anyway, I have my RWB quilt pieced, sandwiched quilted, and the binding sewn on. Just need to do the hand work to finish it up. Hope to mail tomorrow. I am still shooting for a delivery before the fourth!! Even with the trip and all, I am almost caught up. So hot in the house I can't work in there very well during the day. New motor for the air conditioning unit will be in tomorrow. If I don't melt before that. Who am I kidding? I wish I could melt a little!! LOL
You guys have really made my day with all the rantings on here. OOmpa Loompa? Does that mean Blue? And circles. I watched a sewing with Nancy episode yesterday that showed how to do circles easily. Whoop! Hooop! I cannot wait to try that one out. I need a bigger bucket.

createfourpaws 06-24-2013 02:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Received a beautiful string quilt today from Grandma Di, with a nice FQ and card, wrapped with red and white ribbon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]420889[/ATTACH]

Thank you so much for my DQ.

Krystyna 06-24-2013 04:29 PM

BEFORE I show you the MOST FANTABULOUS quilt in the world ... let me catch up on the thread ...

Ms Grace, that is a wonderful little quilt! I love the bonnet! Happy Birthday to your mum-in-law, Lyn!

Cogito, I love seeing the backs of quilts too, unless, of course it is one that I made that is chock full of eyelashes!

Luvstoquilt, I think the Irish equivalent is Mother of Pearl!

GrandmaDi, what a wonderful strip quilt. I just love the star!

OK, now to show you what the incredibly talented BuzzinBumble sent me!

Krystyna 06-24-2013 04:40 PM

7 Attachment(s)
So ... hubby went out to the pharmacy and I don't know why but he decided to go to the post office to see if I had a package ... and I'm so glad he did!

The first thing I saw when I opened the box were two GINORMOUS bags of labels! I think Lara must have gone cruising the mall with scissors. Mama mia! I'm ready to stitch! I honestly got teary eyed over them. It was overwhelming!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]420915[/ATTACH]

THEN I saw that she sent along a marvelous book Small Quilts ... which I will dive into later tonight ... more waterworks ...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]420916[/ATTACH]

I saw a package at the bottom wrapped in the most delightful flowered wrapping paper and when I opened it, well, I can't even describe how I felt. There is a little Gypsy trailer and in front of it are the exact replicas of my pups, Feeney and Daisy! How did she do it. I am amazed and so touched. Look!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]420917[/ATTACH]

And they're in a little red wagon, which is something I saved from the flood

[ATTACH=CONFIG]420918[/ATTACH]

I opened Lara's card and then was completely overwhelmed. I had mentioned to her that I missed the crystal door knobs that had been in my house. What a beautiful, kind and thoughtful woman she is. Look at the little knob on the camper!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]420919[/ATTACH]

And here's the back ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]420923[/ATTACH]

By the way, the quilt is perfectly square. My photo doesn't show it as I had it on the grass.

And if that wasn't enough ... she sent an adorable, funny postcard and matching earrings!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]420921[/ATTACH]

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Lara, you are one in a million!

Annaquilts 06-24-2013 04:46 PM

Ooooohhhh that is just......I am speechless. So beautiful! So thoughtful and I am so happy for you Krystyna. Lara you did an awesome job on the whole package.

Krystyna 06-24-2013 04:58 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I KNOW!!! Look ...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]420931[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]420933[/ATTACH]

Cheesehead 06-24-2013 05:47 PM

Oh Krystyna, what a fabulous package of goodies Lara sent you! Lara everything you sent is just beautiful, I don't know how you did the camper doll quilt but it is just fantastic. Love, love, love it all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan

BuzzinBumble 06-24-2013 06:15 PM

Krystyna, your enthusiastic thanks is better than the best birthday party! A gift in and of itself! I am so glad you liked it all!
Thank you for the nice comments Anna & Jan. I always wanted to do a quilt in all 30's style fabrics. I'd like to say that I never in the world thought I would be able to do any kind of appliqué, but this swap has made me stretch my wings. This is the simplest kind of appliqué: raw edge shapes, heavily starched and fused with heat and bond before cutting out the shape (you can use a washable glue stick too) and then slowly and carefully stitched down. If you can cut out shapes and sew real slow, you can do it. Where I fall apart skill wise is in the actual quilting, so I try to keep it basic.
My friend sewbeadit found that perfect fabric I used for the backing, which even had a matching trailer!

Krystyna, no worries, I wasn't hiding in the clothing racks at the mall, busily ripping out labels. Not long after I read you were collecting labels I raided our closets and only came up with a very meager handful. So I kept my eye out and by sheer luck ran across a lady who was getting rid of her label collection. It was just meant to be.

Grandma Di - I adore scrappy strip quilts and the one you made for Cindy is the bee's knees!

Grandma Di 06-24-2013 07:15 PM

Buzzin Bumble, what an awsome little DQ you did for Krystyna.

Annaquilts 06-24-2013 07:18 PM

What a cute fabrics and appliqued star. I am also a strip scrappy lover.
A California poppies post card, are you in my state grandma Di?

Originally Posted by createfourpaws (Post 6141324)
Received a beautiful string quilt today from Grandma Di, with a nice FQ and card, wrapped with red and white ribbon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]420889[/ATTACH]

Thank you so much for my DQ.