Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Winter, Winter/Holidays, Holidays Block Swap!! Sign ups til Oct. 29 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/winter-winter-holidays-holidays-block-swap-sign-ups-til-oct-29-a-t199801.html)

QuilterMomma 09-11-2012 03:14 PM

Oh so good there Linda. I am chuckling awake.

I do agree, that tree is nice. Then when we get it we could add little beads or tiny buttons for ornaments on it. This could work.

rwquilts 09-11-2012 04:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks ladies. I'm glad you like them. I agree QuilterMomma about decorating them. That could be fun! I did add some snow to my trees to give them the real cold wintery feel.

TheMamaHauser 09-11-2012 04:45 PM

I am going to sign up, probably for 3 sets.

When we're talking winter theme, stars count, right? It's more the color/tone/print of the fabric?

rwquilts 09-11-2012 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser (Post 5507749)
I am going to sign up, probably for 3 sets.

When we're talking winter theme, stars count, right? It's more the color/tone/print of the fabric?

Sure, stars can count. And with the different size blocks available to use, you can use that aspect when designing what you want to do as well. It's really up to each of you to decide what the theme Winter/Holdays means to you & how you want to carry that out? I will work on a Christmas block set next. :)

craft phanatic 09-13-2012 11:29 AM

Ronda, sorry I haven't responded earlier. I haven't been getting emails when a new post is made. I will be trying to make all 6 sets but maybe 4 sets is a more realistic number. Can I be put down for 4 and change it if I get 6 done? I am definitely going to do some minis this time. I want to have a very random placement of block so I'll need some tiny blocks. BTW, your trees are really cute. Love the snow on top!

rwquilts 09-13-2012 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by craft phanatic (Post 5511836)
Ronda, sorry I haven't responded earlier. I haven't been getting emails when a new post is made. I will be trying to make all 6 sets but maybe 4 sets is a more realistic number. Can I be put down for 4 and change it if I get 6 done? I am definitely going to do some minis this time. I want to have a very random placement of block so I'll need some tiny blocks. BTW, your trees are really cute. Love the snow on top!

Sure you can. I'm just trying to get an estimate, so it's fine if you change the count you actually send in. Thanks regards the trees...I do like them as well.

marcialee 09-14-2012 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by rwquilts (Post 5501994)
Craft and Marcialee how many sets are you thinking of making? I'm just trying to get an idea.

Welcome Cuppy!

Hi, You can put me down for 2 sets and I will add to it if I can. I seem to want to do everything and they run out of time. Love the trees.

marytoddliz 09-14-2012 05:00 PM

OK I have a question, I think I got it but want to make sure. If I do 6 sets of 5 each all the blocks in each set are alike, but all 6 sets are different? So I can make one set of snowmen, one of raindeer, santa... etc I might use different fabric but pretty much each set would be the same?

If I am correct I would love to do 6 sets, I will be doing 3 sets of Embroidery and 3 sets of applique. I love doing swaps, it keeps me on a schedule and I am amazed how many quilts I get finished.

Thanks Marybeth

craft phanatic 09-14-2012 05:15 PM

Right on Marybeth! The only other stipulation is that if a set measures 3 1/2" square then you must make 10 of those. I just started learning redwork so I am going to do at least two sets of that. I love swaps too! I don't have an embroidery machine so I love when people send in those kind of blocks. And everybody has different creative ideas so the quilts are always so interesting!

marytoddliz 09-14-2012 06:59 PM

Cool, thanks I don't like doing the 3.5, they are to easy to lose in my messy messy sewing room! I told hubby I think I left the window open and a tornado must have hit! He just does not believe me!

I think most of my sets will be 6.6 and 9.5 I have been getting some really cool embroidery patterns, and my thread got here last week, I am keeping both machines going! All my sets will be pretty much Christmasy. I will send a pm to Rhonda to let her know I am in!