Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201) >

Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201)

Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201)

Old 01-20-2010, 07:38 AM

I double checked the links, and they work for me. Is anyone else having issues with them?

Sharon, scroll down and click on the "heart pattern." (I played around and tried to find where it may be taking you.)
Old 01-20-2010, 07:40 AM
Power Poster

I received the cutest cardinal block (appliqued and embroidered) today from daisyboo9; THANK YOU, I LOVE IT! i won't post a picture because you already did for me...thank you for that too!
your block went into the post office today, so hopefully next week it will arrive, i hope you are happy with yours, like i am happy with mine! i didn't realize it, or plan it that way but noticed, the (color scheme) i chose for this seems to fit in with the fabrics i sent out for the boomerang swap, so everything so far is coordinating beautifully!
thank you everyone for your continuing participation in these fun exchanges :)
Old 01-20-2010, 07:43 AM

Ok, I have been thinking of switching my theme as I have enough to make a lap quilt with my bird blocks. Would anyone have issues if I asked for FOUR 4.5 blocks, your choice, from:

http://sentimentalstitches.net/free-...midget-blocks/

Four blocks do not equal one 12.5 block, but it may be more work as they are four little blocks. Otherwise, I will stick with my current theme.

If I switched, I would ask for scrappy, so no one would would have to buy fabric unless they wanted to. (I really would love to ask for 30's fabric, but don't want to press my luck.) I do NOT want to take advantage of you lovely women!

I wanted to change my theme after seeing all the lovely blocks that are coming in for the lottery! Im so jealous!!
Old 01-20-2010, 07:46 AM
Power Poster

i hand pieced my block for daisyboo9 'cause my machine is still in the hospital, and i was worried about not getting it back in time for January's block...great news today...IT'S ALL FIXED!!! will be delivered tomorrow, i will be back to sewing by friday!!!yea!!! my husband came home for lunch a couple day's ago to find i had the whole stove torn apart (in pieces) cleaning it...he laughed and said i really need my sewing machine back :)...now i can get busy on boomerang blocks, i had been making plans but not started, hoping i would not have to hand piece everything...such a great day :)
Old 01-20-2010, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
i hand pieced my block for daisyboo9 'cause my machine is still in the hospital, and i was worried about not getting it back in time for January's block...great news today...IT'S ALL FIXED!!! will be delivered tomorrow, i will be back to sewing by friday!!!yea!!! my husband came home for lunch a couple day's ago to find i had the whole stove torn apart (in pieces) cleaning it...he laughed and said i really need my sewing machine back :)...now i can get busy on boomerang blocks, i had been making plans but not started, hoping i would not have to hand piece everything...such a great day :)
Don't you feel lost when things need to be fixed? I am "sew" glad you are getting back to normal! I am also delighted that you liked the block I sent you...I really had fun doing that one. I liked it so much that I plan to make more and do a wall hanging. I will let you know when your block arrives.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:52 AM

I have no problem with that at all, BRT (do you like BRT, or your real name, or..? Blueribbontoes is just so long to type!) I think it might take a little longer for you to receive your swap blocks, since there would be more to make. But that quilt would be adorable in scraps! And you'd probably have to post which blocks had been done so we'd know which ones were still available to make, since they're all different.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by blueribbontoes
Ok, I have been thinking of switching my theme as I have enough to make a lap quilt with my bird blocks. Would anyone have issues if I asked for FOUR 4.5 blocks, your choice, from:

Four blocks do not equal one 12.5 block, but it may be more work as they are four little blocks. Otherwise, I will stick with my current theme.

If I switched, I would ask for scrappy, so no one would would have to buy fabric unless they wanted to. (I really would love to ask for 30's fabric, but don't want to press my luck.) I do NOT want to take advantage of you lovely women!

I wanted to change my theme after seeing all the lovely blocks that are coming in for the lottery! Im so jealous!!

I don't have a problem with that -- BUT, you gotta tell me which blocks are EASY and not paper pieced!! :lol: :lol:
Old 01-20-2010, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by ladybugquilter
Joyce,

I think BRT said she behind on partners, so I think you are ok!

Have a great day everyone!!!!
Thanks ladybug -- I just didn't wanna miss out.... :D
Old 01-20-2010, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Originally Posted by blueribbontoes

I don't have a problem with that -- BUT, you gotta tell me which blocks are EASY and not paper pieced!! :lol: :lol:
What she said!

:lol:
Old 01-20-2010, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by ladygen
Oh, I feel behind now - I just decided on your pattern today! Hopefully I'll be as far as pieces cut out and maybe started tomorrow.

Moosegirl, I don't have the perfect fabrics for you in my stash, so (yay!) I get to go to my LQS tomorrow and find them!

I'm so excited to get squishy mail!
Not to worry, don't rush, enjoy!