Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201) >

Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201)

Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201)

Old 01-20-2010, 10:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Up North
Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Originally Posted by blueribbontoes
Ok, I have been thinking of switching my theme as I have enough to make a lap quilt with my bird blocks. Would anyone have issues if I asked for FOUR 4.5 blocks, your choice, from:

http://sentimentalstitches.net/free-...midget-blocks/

Four blocks do not equal one 12.5 block, but it may be more work as they are four little blocks. Otherwise, I will stick with my current theme.

If I switched, I would ask for scrappy, so no one would would have to buy fabric unless they wanted to. (I really would love to ask for 30's fabric, but don't want to press my luck.) I do NOT want to take advantage of you lovely women!

I wanted to change my theme after seeing all the lovely blocks that are coming in for the lottery! Im so jealous!!

I don't have a problem with that -- BUT, you gotta tell me which blocks are EASY and not paper pieced!! :lol: :lol:
What she said!

:lol:
I am wondering why we don't just do a whole separate swap for this? I love this quilt!

Maybe if we all decide on a color way? or if we just all decide 30's or scrappy? Let me know I can try to organize a swap..with BRT's help?
Old 01-20-2010, 10:17 AM

Shirley
Did you receive the block I sent you?
Hugs
April
Old 01-20-2010, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by charismah
Originally Posted by Up North
Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Ok, I have been thinking of switching my theme as I have enough to make a lap quilt with my bird blocks. Would anyone have issues if I asked for FOUR 4.5 blocks, your choice, from:

http://sentimentalstitches.net/free-...midget-blocks/

Four blocks do not equal one 12.5 block, but it may be more work as they are four little blocks. Otherwise, I will stick with my current theme.

If I switched, I would ask for scrappy, so no one would would have to buy fabric unless they wanted to. (I really would love to ask for 30's fabric, but don't want to press my luck.) I do NOT want to take advantage of you lovely women!

I wanted to change my theme after seeing all the lovely blocks that are coming in for the lottery! Im so jealous!!

I don't have a problem with that -- BUT, you gotta tell me which blocks are EASY and not paper pieced!! :lol: :lol:
What she said!

:lol:
I am wondering why we don't just do a whole separate swap for this? I love this quilt!

Maybe if we all decide on a color way? or if we just all decide 30's or scrappy? Let me know I can try to organize a swap..with BRT's help?
I don't have a problem either way BRT!
But I do like the idea of a swap like that!
Either way!
Old 01-20-2010, 12:12 PM

Not sure of what the 1930's fabric is, I have looked at a few links, but not really a good idea of what they are.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Shirley
Did you receive the block I sent you?
Hugs
April
Not yet.......when did you send it. I'm anxiously waiting!
Old 01-20-2010, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
Not sure of what the 1930's fabric is, I have looked at a few links, but not really a good idea of what they are.
Reproduction fabrics copied from feed sacks that were printed in 1930-40, most are in pastel colors with small prints of flowers, children, animals. They have a distinct look-old timey, cute. Moosegirl
Old 01-20-2010, 12:45 PM

My first Block for Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap went in the mail today to : Tam1960 ... Tammy V
Tam1960 I hope that you like it, I enjoyed making it and sharing a piece of myself and material with you!
Quilting Friends for ever!
Sewspecial

PS ..Please sign me up for February Swap!
Sewspecial
Old 01-20-2010, 12:54 PM

2Doods, I'm in WI, so it will be a few days. You'll either love it, or hate it... Oh, and the blue blob is a blueberry.
Still nothing at the PO. Maybe the pony express got lost or stopped at a spa in Idaho. Waiting is the hardest part! Sigh!

While I'm waiting.... I'll go work on the 6 inch blocks. Should clean house but No....I would rather sew
And I like your new theme with the little blocks. I'm going to try some in scrappy.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:17 PM

I like the idea a whole swap of the 4 inch blocks.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:35 PM

Sewcornie,

The blocks are just lovely and absolutely perfect front and back. Now, I just feel you will be disappointed in my blocks :oops: . I know part of it is my being relatively new, but wow, I wish I had your talent. I also wish I could remember to charge the camera batteries or the cell phone so I could show pictures of your beautiful blocks to everyone.

Take Care & Thanks Again, Maribeth