Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201) >

Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201)

Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201)

Old 01-20-2010, 04:09 PM

This is to all the members who are participating in the 6" block lotto -- except BlueRibbonToes (LOL):

While driving home tonight I was thinking about how much fun the 6" block lotto is and what a great job BlueRibbonToes has done to start and organize it, along with the Monthly Quilting Bee Block Swap (AND other swaps on the board), and it just doesn't seem fair that she has eliminated her chance at winning "the lotto" during any of the monthly lucky drawings.

Sooooooooo, I wondered if 11 more members would like to join me in volunteering to make one extra 6" block during the year-long process for BRT. At the end of the year she will have 12 six-inch blocks to keep for her very own >>> a small thank you gift and tribute for all the work she has done.
If you are interested, please send me a PM - we only need ll more (so to keep it fair) it will be the FIRST 11 who respond, please. Also, if you have a particular month in mind to volunteer for, please PM that info, too (again, first-come basis). We will try to keep at least the "who and when" a BIG SECRET from BRT even though she obviously will see this post. (and NO, she didn't pay me to do this <LOL>).
Thanks, everyone.
Shirley - Made in Maine
Old 01-20-2010, 04:20 PM

Yes...I think I would like to stick with 12.5" blocks in this swap....but I LOVE those blocks and would really like there to be a seperate swap for them.
;)
Old 01-20-2010, 04:22 PM

I agree with Kysmommy2!! Let's stick with the 12.5" this time!!

Originally Posted by kysmommy2
Yes...I think I would like to stick with 12.5" blocks in this swap....but I LOVE those blocks and would really like there to be a seperate swap for them.
;)
Old 01-20-2010, 04:23 PM

Yeah, if there's going to be a separate swap for the 4.5" blocks, I'd rather stick with 12.5 inchers here. If there won't be a swap, then I have no problem with sending 4 4 inchers instead of one 12!
Old 01-20-2010, 04:30 PM

There is NO wrong side of the fabric. You paid just as much for the one side as you did the other!
Old 01-20-2010, 04:36 PM

Count me in for an extra 6 inch block for our fearless leader!
And yes, I mean I am in for the year!
Old 01-20-2010, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
Count me in for an extra 6 inch block for our fearless leader!
And yes, I mean I am in for the year!
I've sent you a PM/thanks.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:45 PM

Here are a few of the blocks I have finished recently. DeeCee, your's is on its way. I'll let you post the pictures.

You have already seen the cardinals square I made.

The owl made for Ruth
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64333[/ATTACH]

January : Quilting with Daisy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64334[/ATTACH]

February: Quilting with Daisy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64335[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-64328.jpe   attachment-64329.jpe   attachment-64330.jpe  
Old 01-20-2010, 06:03 PM

Gwyn - very nice blocks!
Old 01-20-2010, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by MadeinMaine
This is to all the members who are participating in the 6" block lotto -- except BlueRibbonToes (LOL):

While driving home tonight I was thinking about how much fun the 6" block lotto is and what a great job BlueRibbonToes has done to start and organize it, along with the Monthly Quilting Bee Block Swap (AND other swaps on the board), and it just doesn't seem fair that she has eliminated her chance at winning "the lotto" during any of the monthly lucky drawings.

Sooooooooo, I wondered if 11 more members would like to join me in volunteering to make one extra 6" block during the year-long process for BRT. At the end of the year she will have 12 six-inch blocks to keep for her very own >>> a small thank you gift and tribute for all the work she has done.
If you are interested, please send me a PM - we only need ll more (so to keep it fair) it will be the FIRST 11 who respond, please. Also, if you have a particular month in mind to volunteer for, please PM that info, too (again, first-come basis). We will try to keep at least the "who and when" a BIG SECRET from BRT even though she obviously will see this post. (and NO, she didn't pay me to do this <LOL>).
Thanks, everyone.
Shirley - Made in Maine
Ladies, I can't explain how much this means to me that people are willing to step in and do something for just for me. My husband works days as a teacher, then also works nights so that I am able to stay home and watch our two children. With only one car and a limited income, I feel very "shut in." (J needs the car for work, so most of the time it is just me and the girls.) Becoming an active participant on this forum has made me feel as if I am needed somewhere, as if I have friends. Call me silly and sentimental if you must- but this group of women have really given me something besides taking care of my home and children, something to call my own. Thank you so much for your kindness, and appreciation! I cherish all the kind pm's I have received... and now I will quit typing, as I sound rather foolish, and frankly pathetic. (Ha ha ha! ) I've had a blast with all of you! THANK YOU!