Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 129 of 196 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 128 129 130 139 179 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1960

Thread: Quilting Board's First Scrap Club

Blog Entries
    Thank you everyone! Here is a picture of the lime green/pink set. I'm off now on makeup bags and on to some other scrap goodie! I took an orphan block and made my large makeup bag out of that and did a controlled scrappy log cabin on the back and just make the smaller bag to match color-wise. Thanks for looking!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    LOL! I just noticed my avatar is the same color as my latest makeup bag set! I must like hot pink and lime green????

Quote Originally Posted by VickiM View Post
    You can line anything with vinyl...see my post #120 for tips on how to do it.
    Thanks, VickiM that was a great mini-tute and your bags are too cute! Do you mind if I ask you what you sell them for? I am hosting our first 'real' public craft show at our church in October and don't know how to price the things I make. Of course, hat being said, I know a lot of it depends on where you are in the country.

What puzzled me about the post from RWQuilts was the reference to "padded" vinyl. If you were to quilt vinyl on a sewing machine it would leave needle holes which I would think would 'leak' through if something spilled.

I'm curious to know if it is a special fabric and if so where would one find it. Can't believe there's a fabric out there that slipped through my radar of must have or at least must try!

Peggy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IBQLTN View Post
    What puzzled me about the post from RWQuilts was the reference to "padded" vinyl. If you were to quilt vinyl on a sewing machine it would leave needle holes which I would think would 'leak' through if something spilled.
    I buy lightweight vinyl with a padding already on it. Since I don't plan on carrying water in my makeup bags, they do very nicely for makeup and spills. I don't use large needles either, but you certainly don't have to use what I use...different strokes for different folks.

Wow look at that precission paper piecing on the bigger bag. Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
    Thank you everyone! Here is a picture of the lime green/pink set. I'm off now on makeup bags and on to some other scrap goodie! I took an orphan block and made my large makeup bag out of that and did a controlled scrappy log cabin on the back and just make the smaller bag to match color-wise. Thanks for looking!
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Wonderful bags Ronda! So cute!

Blog Entries
    Is anyone ready or interested in another swap? We can do anything you like. I didn't have anyone sign up for the last one I posted so if I have at least 4 people I can post another one.

anything goes/ quilt blocks/ mugrugs/bags/ any other suggestions?

I'd like the bags that RWQuilts makes - even the lime green - but of course, then I'd be hard pressed to make one for whomever my partner was. Wouldn't be anywhere as good as hers.
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Blog Entries
    sign me up for a swap. is it going to be red, white and blue, or a different theme. I'll start as soon as I know the theme. thanks

Blog Entries
    love that beautiful paper pcing. i'm dyslexic, and pp is almost impossible for me to figure out. I love the little bag idea too.

Page 129 of 196 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 128 129 130 139 179 ... LastLast