Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 9 of 196 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilting Board's First Scrap Club

Blog Entries
    Again, that one is so awesome. Sent you a friend request Pokerdiva. We have to much fun on these UFOs don't we.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    This sounds like fun...I've just been watching my scraps multiply for awhile now. Funny story, I wanted to make a scrap quilt as my very first quilt. I was purchasing a ton of quarter yards at Joanns. The lady cutting asked what I was making. When I said, proudly, "A scrap quilt", she folded her arms and said..." I don't think you understand the concept of using up scraps..." LOL she was so right!
    Blessed Be
    Darlene

Blog Entries
    I just read through all of this thread and I immediately went to my Christmas scraps and I am making a scrappy table mat! Talk about instant motivation! I should be ready to post a picture tomorrow! I love this scrappy thread!
    Judith

Well thank you...And you must be Beth. We shall have fun where ever we are. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    Again, that one is so awesome. Sent you a friend request Pokerdiva. We have to much fun on these UFOs don't we.

Count me in! I'm using some scraps right now for the current leaders/enders project from Bonnie Hunt. I love creating the little 3" spool blocks. I'm hoping to have enough by the summer to create a queen size quilt. I was also in a couple of swaps that have a scrappy look. I'm going to use my scraps to create more blocks and make the quilts larger.

I always like new ideas on using scraps. I will share when I have an original idea also.

Thanks Poker Diva for that link- I downloaded all of the patterns!

I would love to follow along this thread. I am currently in the middle of what I call my "Scrap Abatement Project". I was being over run with scraps & decided to try to use some up. I am done with the center of the top & need to add some borders. I had to buy some of the navy solid for the stars but that is it. It will be a generous full sized quilt. I am piecing the back out of flannel scraps. I've had to put this on hold until after the holidays. Here it is as I was putting the top together.

I have to add that I always had a hard time doing true scrappy buy with these sashings stars I thought added some continuity & for me was easier to live with!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Maggiemay; 12-06-2012 at 08:20 PM.

I think scrappy quilts are my favorites...

Blog Entries
    Name:  IMG_20120904_123150.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  1.55 MB
    My first scrappy quilt but I'm working on another one that should be done by next week. I'm a relatively new quilter so I'm finally able to work from scraps. I do believe as I've read here on the board that when your working on a scrappy project to get them used up that sometime during the night they have a way of multiplying...it seems like there are more scraps when I finished than wnen I started....LOL.

Maggiemay, I think you are right. I do that alot when making scrappy. Make one part (usually background) the same to pull it together. Love your quilt.

Page 9 of 196 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 59 109 ... LastLast