Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilting Board's First Scrap Club >

Quilting Board's First Scrap Club

Quilting Board's First Scrap Club

Old 12-06-2012, 12:52 PM

I guess I am in. I love scrap quilts and have made many. Here are two I finished yesterday for Project Linus.
Attached Thumbnails pl-boy.jpg   pl-girl.jpg  
Old 12-06-2012, 01:03 PM

Ok Rhonda, I'm back with you. I love scrappy, and want to use up a lot of my scraps. But I have about 9 lap sized quilts to actually quilt. So I'll be following for a little bit, then I'll be jumping in. Already did the Word Search. I love them too. Don't want to swap at the moment. You know my luck with that. 2012 I did to many BOMs and BOW's, so 2013, is going to be a bit slower.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
How about a challenge? I challenge you to make something from scraps and post a pic by next wed! Any takers?
Just finished my first mug rug when I saw this thread...Rhonda, you are amazing...don't know how you do it. I will follow along but not ready for swaps...my last few were so so. So here is my scrappy mug rug for Sat. gift exchange.

Thanks for all you do.
Attached Thumbnails cimg0175.jpg   cimg0174.jpg  
Old 12-06-2012, 01:27 PM

Sew pretty Linda!! Looks ready for a cup of Cocoa!!
Old 12-06-2012, 01:27 PM

I love the look of scrap quilts. Thanks for starting this topic.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:15 PM

Katie, I am like you. When I cleared off the bed in the guest room so my DD would have somewhere to seleep when she visited for Thanksgiving, there were 14 quilt tops waiting patiently to be quilted. One of them is Rhonda's BOW that I was in. That is my goal for the new year. Finish quilting everything that was on that bed.

Originally Posted by klgreene View Post
Ok Rhonda, I'm back with you. I love scrappy, and want to use up a lot of my scraps. But I have about 9 lap sized quilts to actually quilt. So I'll be following for a little bit, then I'll be jumping in. Already did the Word Search. I love them too. Don't want to swap at the moment. You know my luck with that. 2012 I did to many BOMs and BOW's, so 2013, is going to be a bit slower.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:28 PM

How did you know this is my goal for next year? I want to use up my scraps from all the UFOs that I finished this year. I have two 55 large gallon tubs full, two drawers of bright kid prints full, then several boxes of scraps that are a bit more organized by fabric type, such as flannel, plaids, florals, etc. Once I get these sewn up, I will have little to now fabric stash except batiks which are in their own tub and the Christmas are in their own tub as well.

Now, are we allowed to mix any fabric we want or do these scrappies have to be matchy matchy? If we do the matchy matchy thing then you will all hate me because i grab and sew.

Currently one of my ufos is a star quilt that is just Buggy Barn fabrics and I did stragically put scraps in a color formation. It is more work yes, but will show picks once I uncover it from the Christmas stuff I am getting done so this may be a couple more weeks.

I have been using scraps to make some of my gingerbread men and peppermint twist runners, also the scraps have been used now for a border on a wall hanging for the second wall hanging swap Rhonda is hostessing. Worked great to put those in so i could rid myself of 1.5" strips and pieces.

To tell a story here, the family's favorite quilt is a scrap quilt made of flannel strips and pieces that were left over from several projects of earthtone prints and fishing, that is all I had in flannels, I used one of those polyester cheap blankets from walmart that were getting pilled for the batting and just put on a flannel pieced back and it is the most used one in the house. Also made one of those log cabins in Christmas scraps years ago to make a Quillo that is loved at Christmas. Just some ideas. Will post a few photos later.

Will love to follow along here. As for a swap, not up to that, I love my scraps and do not need to trade them out. The mug rug swap was loads of fun and enjoyed that.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:29 PM

I'm working on this block right now. http://littlemissshabby.blogspot.com...-tutorial.html Wish I had a buddy to help sew, trim, press..well you know the process!!
Old 12-06-2012, 02:35 PM

Thank you Julie. I printed that block out.

Originally Posted by Julie in NM View Post
I'm working on this block right now. http://littlemissshabby.blogspot.com...-tutorial.html Wish I had a buddy to help sew, trim, press..well you know the process!!
Old 12-06-2012, 02:36 PM

Sounds like fun. Count me in.