Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Repeat a boom #2 - Signups Have Closed >

Repeat a boom #2 - Signups Have Closed

Repeat a boom #2 - Signups Have Closed

Old 10-14-2014, 08:15 AM

Ok I am feeling alone here. AND also a big NAG. I am getting anxious to hear from the 4 individuals about when they will be sending their blocks back. Are you going to meet the deadline by tomorrow to mail? Are you having a problem in meeting the deadline? Please let me know. Thanks
Old 10-15-2014, 07:42 AM

I have heard from three of the individuals who are still out. They will be mailing by Saturday at the latest. I haven't heard from one person and I am worried. I am hoping that person contacts me soon.

Barb
Old 10-16-2014, 07:25 AM

Well I feel like I am talking to myself here. Are any of you still out there?????? I am mailing a letter off to the one individual that I have not been able to contact on the board. So will be letting you guys know as soon as possible. I called and left a message. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Barb

Last edited by urgodschild2; 10-16-2014 at 07:28 AM.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:06 PM

Barb,

Sounds like there is one person at this point who has not fulfilled their commitment - given the other (3) three will mail as promised on Saturday. I know you are doing all you can....and please do not stress over this! As for me, I am Ok to wait until this Saturday (day after tomorrow) to hear from you that tracking numbers have been received from the three who promised to mail. Then mail what you have next Friday, October 25th.

Hopefully will get 'er done! So that all is well that end's well!

Bee

Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
Well I feel like I am talking to myself here. Are any of you still out there?????? I am mailing a letter off to the one individual that I have not been able to contact on the board. So will be letting you guys know as soon as possible. I called and left a message. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Barb
Old 10-16-2014, 02:32 PM

You're not alone, Barb. We're here. As for the one who has not responded, I have an idea maybe the group could consider: one of us from the Boom take all the blocks made for the swapper who hasn't come through and make a charity quilt out of the blocks. Personally, I'm not interested in getting the block I made back as I wouldn't do anything with it but if all the blocks were put together we would accomplish something. Just a thought - - - -

I'd be willing to put them together if the group is agreeable.

Jane
Old 10-17-2014, 08:14 AM

Sounds like a good plan. I did mail the person a letter and so hopefully I will get some response. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:07 AM

Sounds like a good plan. I did mail the person a letter and so hopefully I will get some response. Keeping my fingers crossed.
I like that Idea also.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:18 PM

Ok, this is what I am going to do. On Sat. Oct. 25th, I am mailing everyone their blocks. One person may still be missing as they are having huge family issues. If they arrive by then, great but if not, I am mailing everyones out. The reason being is that my sister - in law- passed away about 2 weeks ago and my brother has requested for me to come up north to help him with things in the house. Her memorial service is going to be in DEC. Anyways, I am leaving on the 26th. I have told the person who we are waiting for that I will hold her blocks and when she sends me her blocks, she also has to send enough money to pay for me to mail the lone blocks to all of you.
I forgot.......one other person was going to tell me that they mailed their's on Sat and I did not get that message.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Oh well......life happens.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:50 PM

I really have not been checking lately as had other commitments. Urgodschild2, I am so sorry to hear about your sister-in-law. Thank you for staying with ur commitment to this RAB. We often make decisions for these quilt challenges based on our current knowledge at the present time and as you say life happens.
Old 10-21-2014, 03:24 PM

Saddened to hear about your sister-in-law. Sisters can be so comforting to brothers....I have three...all younger.....and they have learned they can depend on me during difficult times. Safe trip to be with your brother. Loss of loved ones goes a long way to put things into perspective.

Thank you for all you have contributed to QB and to me personally by keeping the Booms alive and happening! And thanks to giquilt for the reminder that things in life are unexpected and impossible to predict.

For those who are late for this Boom - please know that life happens while we are planning all the things we want to do. And finally a post I read several weeks ago from one of our Swapping buddies: "Isn't the real reason we participate in the Swaps is to have the joy of getting to know one another and not just sit all alone in our sewing rooms without the fun of sharing our lives with other quilters?"

Wishing everyone the best of the holidays coming.....I am looking forward to seeing all of you here on QB again soon!
Bee Beatty

Ok, this is what I am going to do. On Sat. Oct. 25th, I am mailing everyone their blocks. One person may still be missing as they are having huge family issues. If they arrive by then, great but if not, I am mailing everyones out. The reason being is that my sister - in law- passed away about 2 weeks ago and my brother has requested for me to come up north to help him with things in the house. Her memorial service is going to be in DEC. Anyways, I am leaving on the 26th. I have told the person who we are waiting for that I will hold her blocks and when she sends me her blocks, she also has to send enough money to pay for me to mail the lone blocks to all of you.
I forgot.......one other person was going to tell me that they mailed their's on Sat and I did not get that message.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Oh well......life happens.