Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Repeat a boom #2 - Signups Have Closed >

Repeat a boom #2 - Signups Have Closed

Repeat a boom #2 - Signups Have Closed

Old 10-25-2014, 04:29 PM

Now I need to know what to do with their blocks. In a way it is not fair that they get all their blocks done and we don't. But then we can't really keep their blocks. So I think we just have to let it go and they will not be able to join the next time we do the swap.

Personally, I don't think they should get their blocks back especially if they have our fabric. I volunteer (again) to make a quilt out of the Friendship star (tweedy bird) blocks for charity. How about this: notify this particular swapper about our idea to make a charity quilt out of the blocks & see what she says.

At the very least, I say hold their blocks until you actually get something from them in the mail. I don't know what the other block is.

Jane
Yes, I agree. They should not be allowed to participate in future booms.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:20 AM

I vote:
1) Not let them participate in a future swap until they finish this swap requirement, (I was under the standing this was the norm). Then if there was room they could participate in other swaps.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:04 AM

send them what we did. forget the time you put into it just send it to them. let them send us their fabric back first yes but they can have their blocks. life happens to people. I have been hospitalized three times this year. I get it. really I do. priorities, life, whatever the excuse it happens. To EVERYONE. if we get our fabric back its a big bonus. in any swap this is the troubles you face. and expect. sadly. so send them their fabric blocks get our fabric back and its a win still. I see blocking non compliants without a great excuse as a good alternative. future swaps they can sit out its ok. maybe the extra time helps them complete other things they might be behind on too.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:07 AM

ps if you don't get anything back then send the blocks for charity use is fine. lots of churches and groups do charity quilts. my friend in CA makes them for extremely poor people at her church. it makes her feel good and the people are so grateful for something to keep them warm. she also takes fabric as donations and her church ladies make these quilts for the people of the community. lots of options for lonely things. if you have extra fabric or blocks you don't need send me a pm and I will send you her mailing address. I met her when I donated some fabric on Craigslist that I knew I wouldn't use. We have been good quilt friends since
Old 10-26-2014, 02:06 PM

They will not get their blocks until I get something back from them. This is sad when all we have is 10 blocks. AND if we don't have any more material that matches. Hmmmmm. I am in that boat. Will have to readjust what I am making, which isn't fair to me or any of you who are in the same boat. My guild makes quilts for a transitional home that is for abused women and kids. They help them get on their feet and out on their own. The quilts we make are so appreciated. I will donate blocks to them.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:51 PM

Just checking in here to catch up on things .....so here goes my thought on things....If we are going to get 10 blocks back....great...we are only missing two. I understand how frustrating it can be for those who sent the last of their fabric for this swap in hopes of getting completed blocks in return. I would like to think there is enough kinship between us all that...at minimum fabric for unfinished blocks would be returned to the owner.

Assuming that will happen, I am Ok with sending each of the two their blocks. If not, then I am fine with giving to UrGodsChild2 to donate.

However, I feel it is right to defer all final decisions as to what will be done to UrGodsChild2 as Swap Leader.
Looking forward to getting the completed blocks this week in the mail.

Bee
Old 10-28-2014, 04:43 AM

quick note: I have a new swap the November fat quarter swap going. three more days of sign ups, the swap is blues, silver, white.. winter tones! and a side swap of your choice if you like. if your interested just pop on over and sign up, give it a try its fun and the fabrics are lovely. Decembers swap is batiks so make sure you keep on coming back for MORE. thanks for that little blurb while you wait for your blocks back.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:13 PM

I received my package today. Thanks!

Jane
Old 10-28-2014, 06:14 PM

Of course, I live practically next door to ugc2 - - -

Jane
Old 10-29-2014, 12:23 PM

I received my blocks today. Thanks for all your hard work.