Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Repeat a boom #2 - Signups Have Closed >

Repeat a boom #2 - Signups Have Closed

Repeat a boom #2 - Signups Have Closed

Old 10-29-2014, 04:59 PM

Yaaayyyy! Blocks in the mail and each one is a beauty! I have all the blocks from Boom 13 and Repeat 2 laid out for Christmas Sampler quilt. This will be a king quilt. I needed 25 Blocks. I will use the ones with black accents to make a throw! I sincerely hope that the final remaining two participants will get theirs in.....the blocks from this Swap are too beautiful to pass up!

Thanks to everyone who sent theirs in! I will start assembly tomorrow morning at first light! Will post photos when first two rows are together.

And thanks to UrGodsChild2 for a great Swap!

Bee
Old 10-29-2014, 07:47 PM

I received my blocks today, they are all beautiful!
Old 10-30-2014, 08:35 AM

Nurse Bonnie has mailed her blocks, finished and unfinished to me. I should get them today or tomorrow. I am still waiting on Groovy to notify me.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:23 AM

SIGH. Ok I have Nurse Bonnie's made and unfinished blocks. So will be mailing out on Monday. Gigiquilt said she doesn't need her fabric back but if it is a block then to send it. Any of the rest of you really have a preference. Also Groovy Pieces has finally sent her blocks to the regular Boom Block swap but not ours. She just sent a note and claims she is in Delaware and won't be able to mail them until the end of this next week. Oh well

The Next RAB3 will be posted in FEBRUARY for sign ups. MAILing fabric to me will be due March 1st. I will mail them out to all that join. The due date will be July 1st to return the finished blocks. Hope a lot of you come back.

Barb
Old 11-02-2014, 08:51 AM

I will certainly try for the next one. We are going to be putting the house up for sale around that time so I may not be able to participate. It will just depend on the whims of the housing market, the military, and life in general.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:09 AM

I will be in also. a fun swap and certainly challenging. I hope that next time people consider maybe a block that is easy and one that is harder. some of these blocks were 6 rows half squares and truthfully that was hard to keep those points in. I know I put easy and harder blocks to quilt in mine keeping in mind everyone quilts at a different level. I wonder is this a quilt swap for expert quilters only? if so then I don't think I can keep up.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:59 PM

Default Christmas Sampler Quilt on the Design Wall

Fellow Swappers,

We are finally settling in after the move. My sewing room is coming back together and I have a new design wall...nice addition....thanks to my son! Had to post a photo of Quilt No. 1. This is the Christmas Sampler Quilt. It will be a king, so I needed 25 blocks with borders. I have one more to make before I start sashing. Blocks that were made with the black background fabric will be used in Quilt No. 2. Hope to post those next week.

I have made changes to the final layout.....they are all beautiful! The blocks from both Swaps, RAB2 and Jade 2 will complete both quilts! I will post pictures of finished quilts. My heartfelt thank you to each of you! I have learned so much....especially about making blocks with many 2" pieces" No more of that....I promise.

Yes, I will sign up for the next RAB in February. I am thinking about a scrappy "Jacob's Ladder" quilt.
Hope your holidays are full of many blessings and hope for good things to come in the new year.

I have been blessed by your acquaintance and will always be reminded of you each time I see these blocks.

More photos coming,
Bee Beatty
Old 11-02-2014, 08:03 PM

Oops! Forgot to Post Photo
Attached Thumbnails christmas-sampler-blocks-qb-post.jpg  
Old 11-03-2014, 09:33 AM

I would love that Christmas quilt wow there are some very hard blocks in there! going to be absolutely lovely when finished.

I wanted to let you know I received my blocks back and thank you for all you did to make this happen! To the members who made my blocks thank you from the bottom of my heart. they are lovely and will go beautifully in my baby quilt! one down 5 more to go.. yikes.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:59 PM

Ok I mailed everyone their individual blocks from Nurse Bonnie. I was going to mail them in the white office envelopes but it was going to cost $2.32. Sigh it use to be $1.10. So I put them in the padded brown envelops for the same $2.32 cents price, except for Kelly's because she already had a brown envelop. I have notified Nurse Bonnie the cost of mailing everything and until I see that money, I am not mailing her blocks to her. Groovy Pieces has been told about the cost and she did mention that she will be back in town by this Thursday and will hopefully mail by the weekend. Gigi was the only one who did not want her fabric back if it was not a finished block as she has lots of that material. He bloc was not finished. Most of our blocks were finished. Bonnie did send the material she chose to finish the blocks. Onward to Sign ups in February. I will be back from down under at that time.